Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
F55O6IPWkAAkKP7.jpeg
F55O6VOXMAAwBtj.jpeg
Guys, I really don't know which color to get... This is way too difficult! 😅

I currently use a SB 14 Pro Max and was originally dead set on the Black Titanium 15 Pro, but now I'm REALLY starting to like the Blue Titanium.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Haven't had an iPhone for the past 12 years and looking to preorder the iPhone 15 pro max. Is it better to preorder for pick up in the apple store or have it shipped to my house?
This depends on what your availability, patience, and distance to the store.

With in-store pickup, you set the time that works for you. Plus you can get help in setting up your device setup, questions answered, and usually other helpful tips. I’m 10 minutes from my local Apple Store so I try to go this route first.

If you can’t get a good time or your work schedule/commitments require otherwise, then carrier it is. Just know you’ll need to be home for delivery and that iPhone Day can push normal delivery times to later in the day even into the evening hours. Or go through the process of having your device held at your local UPS distribution center for pickup. I’ve only done this when I couldn’t get an early in-store pickup one year.

Reactions: cookylurker

cookylurker

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
This depends on what your availability, patience, and distance to the store.

With in-store pickup, you set the time that works for you. Plus you can get help in setting up your device setup, questions answered, and usually other helpful tips. I’m 10 minutes from my local Apple Store so I try to go this route first.

If you can’t get a good time or your work schedule/commitments require otherwise, then carrier it is. Just know you’ll need to be home for delivery and that iPhone Day can push normal delivery times to later in the day even into the evening hours. Or go through the process of having your device held at your local UPS distribution center for pickup. I’ve only done this when I couldn’t get an early in-store pickup one year.
Thanks for the info. I'm only 20 minutes away from my nearest apple store so I will try to go that route.

Reactions: naturalstar

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
But I pulled the trigger and downgraded to the iPhone 15 PM 512GB from the 14PM 1TB because I have an embarrassing 🙈 amount of storage that is unused. I won’t buy that much gig even if that was the only option available last year 🤣
Same here, ill be downgrading to 512 gb as well coming from 1tb. Im only using like 150 gb so no need for me to go that high and the 512 gb is the sweet spot.

CPmav

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Lexington, KY
I have a Apple Gift Card that I want to apply to purchase an iPhone 15 but I'm not seeing any option.

Does anyone know if there will be an option for me to apply Gift Card balance and finance with Apple Card when pre-order?
Remove Applecare+ if you added it and try again. I was having the same issue, but once I removed AC it allowed me to use a gift card.

Reactions: carbphrek and Brad7

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I skipped last year due to the lack of physical SIM card tray. Unfortunately I have the same dilemma this year again. I really wish they didn’t neuter the US version.

I’ll probably break down and get the Pro in natural Ti.

#FreeTheYayAreaLiving
There probably will never be a physical SIM tray anymore. Reason being, if a phone is stolen, the SIM can't be removed. It would be easier to wipe the phone, knowing that.

Reactions: Brad7

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
Got my CitizensOne payment reminder this morning for my 14. Due on 15th. I did the pre-pre-order last night. Last year they put a hold on the automatic payments, but it's not showing that yet on their website. Anyone else in same boat? Should we cancel automatic payments now, or just let them figure it out?

We're ordering PM Natural 256GB. (x2)

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Guys help me out. I set my pre pre order up yesterday no issues. I want to also set one up for my wife using the verizon payment and trade in on apple.Com. I can’t seem to be able to do this? Anyone else? Sorry if I missed a post on this.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
I did my pre-pre order last night too, went through, used my Chase card but doesn't show any holds.... Anyone else?

Elastep

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Was pretty bummed to learn that the 3nm A17 Pro chip which was so hyped for performance - only improves it by 10%? that seems strange.. apple paid to make sure they were the only ones on the market to have a chip that’s probably barely noticeably quicker, and does nothing more for battery life.
To me A16 bionic is already enough powerful. But if they fixed heat issues that will give us better battery LIFESPAN and time. I'm now at 85% battery health on my 14PM that I bought at day1. And I don't see any other explanation to this except that the phone by itself is a LOT hotter overall compared to say 13PM.

Reactions: xxray

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
Got my CitizensOne payment reminder this morning for my 14. Due on 15th. I did the pre-pre-order last night. Last year they put a hold on the automatic payments, but it's not showing that yet on their website. Anyone else in same boat? Should we cancel automatic payments now, or just let them figure it out?

Let me know if you figured this out!

Reactions: jtrue28

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
I was going to skip this year but I’m now pre approved for the iPhone Payment Plan trading in my 14 PM. I’m trying to make sure I understand - the iPhone Payment Plan or Program - these are unlocked like the Apple Card Monthly Payment Plan or iPhone Upgrade Program right?

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois

I got the same email this morning and I was wondering as well. I'm pretty sure that the hold on the automatic payments only happens at the actual pre-order, ie on Friday. But I'm a little concerned that since my auto payment for the 14 is on September 15th, so it might be processed before I can get my pre-order in at 7am. So...am I going to be stuck paying for the 13th month for the 14 and the new 15?

I'm pretty sure that all of us that bought the 14 on launch last year are in the same boat?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.