Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
In addition to what @dudeski and @Elastep said, you shouldn't even have to ā€œproperly charge and manage these types of batteries.ā€ Your phone is meant to work for you. I shouldnā€™t have to doing a bunch of battery management to keep my battery lasting. Are there things you can do if you want to maximize health? Sure. But you shouldnā€™t have to.

Iā€™ve never had an iPhone battery capacity lower than 97% after a year, and now Iā€™m at 92% on my 14PM and it hasnā€™t even been a year yet. Additionally, itā€™s the biggest battery Iā€™ve ever had in a phone which theoretically should mean that the battery degrades more slowly than all the iPhones I previously had. It doesnā€™t make sense.
I also have been charging my usual. I've been waiting for my battery to go almost to 0% (towards the end of the evening) before charging since I noticed the battery degradation over the last year. I don't think I'm using my phone anymore than usual, so I'm surprised how quickly the battery depletes. It's 10:48 AM ET and my battery is at 75% with average usage (email/slack/some texting/Line). When I'm working, I'm rarely "using" my iPhone.
Also have a 13 Pro Max 1TB, 88% battery life. Going for the 15 Pro Max 1TB.

Will you upgrade? šŸ‘€
Yes, I'm upgrading since I upgrade every year due to the IUP. However, my battery is not great, so more reason for me to upgrade this year!

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Theyā€™ve shipped! The iPhone 15 Pro Max Storm Blue Case and 240 W USB C Charge Cable :) Just waiting for Friday now

IMG_6431.jpeg

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
I also have been charging my usual. I've been waiting for my battery to go almost to 0% (towards the end of the evening) before charging since I noticed the battery degradation over the last year. I don't think I'm using my phone anymore than usual, so I'm surprised how quickly the battery depletes. It's 10:48 AM ET and my battery is at 75% with average usage (email/slack/some texting/Line). When I'm working, I'm rarely "using" my iPhone.

Yes, I'm upgrading since I upgrade every year due to the IUP. However, my battery is not great, so more reason for me to upgrade this year!
Ditto for me .. iphone 15 pro max 1 TB battery drain is huge issue for me . I got the battery replaced in June and itā€™s at 100% health yet by noon the 100% charge goes to 40% and without watching lot of videos or movies on itā€¦

IUP so yearly upgrade as well here

anggurmerah212

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2022
A little bit confused with apple's presentation on the 15 pro max main sensor camera. Is it actually larger than last year's 14 pro? Various sources say conflicting information.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I just realized, I'm coming from the 12 Pro Max which is 226g, so I probably won't notice the weight difference at all. The 15 Pro Max is only 5 grams lighter.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
To those who is looking to make installment payment on an unlocked iPhone using Apple Card. Unfortunately, it is true that even though the iPhone is unlocked, when you select finance with ACMI, you will need to select to a carrier as they discontinue Apple Card financing for iPhones bought without a carrier connection as of last month.
On Friday, if you go this route and during pre ordering, it will ask you to connect your carrier to the iPhone, for example, Tmobile will ask for your PIN, phone number or account number. That will activate it so that it is ready for you when you get your new phone.

The good news is that for those who would like to finance an iphone like me, we would get a 4th option to pay using Apple Pay Later. It will then allow to split purchase into 4 or 6 payments with no interests. I was told this will be shown on Friday on the online store when pre order starts. Right now, it is hidden. To get this option, I was told you need to select buy as payment option to pay full price. I hope it make sense.

Diskz

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
To those who is looking to make installment payment on an unlocked iPhone using Apple Card. Unfortunately, it is true that even though the iPhone is unlocked, when you select finance with ACMI, you will need to select to a carrier as they discontinue Apple Card financing for iPhones bought without a carrier connection as of last month.
On Friday, if you go this route and during pre ordering, it will ask you to connect your carrier to the iPhone, for example, Tmobile will ask for your PIN, phone number or account number. That will activate it so that it is ready for you when you get your new phone.

The good news is that for those who would like to finance an iphone like me, we would get a 4th option to pay using Apple Pay Later. It will then allow to split purchase into 4 or 6 payments with no interests. I was told this will be shown on Friday on the online store when pre order starts. Right now, it is hidden. To get this option, I was told you need to select buy as payment option to pay full price. I hope it make sense.
Apple pay later is only for purchases up to $1,000

Reactions: Brad7

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
I just realized, I'm coming from the 12 Pro Max which is 226g, so I probably won't notice the weight difference at all. The 15 Pro Max is only 5 grams lighter.
Same thought going from the 12 Pro to 15 Pro as it is only 1 gram lighter, but the slightly slimmer shape and slightly rounded edges are nice.

Diskz

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2022
Still helpful for those doing the mail-in trade-in, I think.
Tested this with an iPad Pro at $1,199 and $650 trade in it still wants the full payment of $1,199 which disables Apple Pay Later. Unsure if this can be set after the fact?

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
They should allow Pay Later to apply to part of the transaction if people can pay the remainder.

Reactions: anjo10

mykhaeli

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
Sunflower Galaxy
Man that titanium finish is really bringing back the vibes I had for the 4 and the 4s. Which is awesome because I loved that model series. The 5 was definitely an improvement but that 4 series was something else.
YES!
I had wanted one so bad but the 4s in white was delayed supposedly due to issues with Appleā€™s exacting standards for... ā€œWhiteā€.:rolleyes:
Now itā€™s the ā€œTitanium Whiteā€ that is closestā€”
but I canā€™t tell if it really is ā€œsilverā€ in disguise because of how it shifts in light.:D

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Iā€™m buying a new iPhone with trade for store pickup,will I get instant credit for my trade when I turn in at store??
This has been a mixed bag. Some say they were told that they still had to mail in their trade-in. I've never had this problem. When I was ready to turn in my device in the 14 day period, the store rep took my old device and applied the credit there. I don't see why they wouldn't take the device unless they were too busy to go through inspecting it, but even that doesn't take much time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.