Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
This has been a mixed bag. Some say they were told that they still had to mail in their trade-in. I've never had this problem. When I was ready to turn in my device in the 14 day period, the store rep took my old device and applied the credit there. I don't see why they wouldn't take the device unless they were too busy to go through inspecting it, but even that doesn't take much time.
Wish there was a close Apple Store it would make the whole thing simpler (pick up phone trade in old one) but none closer than 2-3 hours. So its shipped to me then mail old one. So far no problems and good thing is I can use the Side by side setup from old to new phone (learned to leave old one last iOS also LOL)

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
how do I pay using Paypal? I’m testing out to order one on the Apple Store, I don’t see an option for paypal.
You should see paypal option at check out. I don’t think thats an option for the pre pre-order.

You should do a dummy test an what’s available now like an ipad and sign into apple Id and check out andsee if paypal is an option. Also you will need to link your card at paypal.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
You should see paypal option at check out. I don’t think thats an option for the pre pre-order.

You should do a dummy test an what’s available now like an ipad and sign into apple Id and check out andsee if paypal is an option. Also you will need to link your card at paypal.
I did not see the Paypal option on the Apple Online Store app. Perhaps, I need to do it on the website?

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
To those who is looking to make installment payment on an unlocked iPhone using Apple Card. Unfortunately, it is true that even though the iPhone is unlocked, when you select finance with ACMI, you will need to select to a carrier as they discontinue Apple Card financing for iPhones bought without a carrier connection as of last month.
On Friday, if you go this route and during pre ordering, it will ask you to connect your carrier to the iPhone, for example, Tmobile will ask for your PIN, phone number or account number. That will activate it so that it is ready for you when you get your new phone.

The good news is that for those who would like to finance an iphone like me, we would get a 4th option to pay using Apple Pay Later. It will then allow to split purchase into 4 or 6 payments with no interests. I was told this will be shown on Friday on the online store when pre order starts. Right now, it is hidden. To get this option, I was told you need to select buy as payment option to pay full price. I hope it make sense.
Going through the pre-pre order steps under info for connection, it states for AT&T and T-Mobile you only have to activate directly on the screen once you receive your phone. Only for Verizon it says you’ll have to provide account info during Checkout.

rayc206

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2020
Going through the pre-pre order steps under info for connection, it states for AT&T and T-Mobile you only have to activate directly on the screen once you receive your phone. Only for Verizon it says you’ll have to provide account info during Checkout.
Hopefully this is true, because that comment made me consider just paying in full instead of jumping through more hoops before checkout

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Very interesting. I just saw a comment that says similar:

IMG_6965.jpeg

Can anyone who picked AT&T or T-Mobile in the past confirm? Does purchasing look the same as unlocked and you only set up your line once you have the phone?

This would be a great loophole for folks who want to order unlocked and use ACMI.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Very interesting. I just saw a comment that says similar:

View attachment 2260953

Can anyone who picked AT&T or T-Mobile in the past confirm? Does purchasing look the same as unlocked and you only set up your line once you have the phone?

This would be a great loophole for folks who want to order unlocked and use ACMI.
I did a test run for the iphone 14 and correct it did not ask to provide carrier info at check out.

Edit: this is for att. Verizon still asks to input

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I have come to really like the Ultra Watch Titanium color which I assume is close to the Natural color pro. I also think if it scratches the edges won't show applied color loss as much. The Ultra color of the watch in person seems more med gray than silver. if you're on the fence about Natural, go to any apple store and look at the ultra color.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I did a test run for the iphone 14 and correct it did not ask to provide carrier info at check out.

Edit: this is for att. Verizon still asks to input
Wow, that’s great! So the carrier selection is basically just a dummy for AT&T and T-Mobile? Lol nice. Cause I think we confirmed earlier all the iPhones have the same bands and everything now, too…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.