Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
That's me right now - coming from a Space Black 14PM lol

The blue looks stunning and I want it, but the black keeps calling me back...
Me too. Every year, Space Gray/Black.
The Black Ti fighter (sorry, hopefully I can type that color without adding ā€œfighterā€ at the end) looks sick.

But this year, Iā€™m friggin doing it. Iā€™m breaking the cycle. Just locked in my pre-order for my first non-dark iPhone since the ā€˜07 2-toned device. I wentā€¦

15 Pro | 512 | Natty Ti

Old dog, new trick. Proud of me. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Wow, thatā€™s great! So the carrier selection is basically just a dummy for AT&T and T-Mobile? Lol nice. Cause I think we confirmed earlier all the iPhones have the same bands and everything now, tooā€¦
Haha i really hope verizon will do the same but I donā€™t think they will. Plus it sucks they will charge you activation fee. Only way is paying full and getting the connect later (sim free).

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I did a test run for the iphone 14 and correct it did not ask to provide carrier info at check out.

Edit: this is for att. Verizon still asks to input
With a 14 test run, it also asks info during checkout for T-Mobile (the info description states this as well). For 15s tho, I think t-mobile and AT&T both allowing you to purchase without inputting info as per the description.

Reactions: Brad7

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
With a 14 test run, it also asks info during checkout for T-Mobile (the info description states this as well). For 15s tho, I think t-mobile and AT&T both allowing you to purchase without inputting info as per the description.
Yea it looks like att is the only one for the 14 that doesnā€™t ask for your carrier info. I know in the past tmobile was the one that didnt ask for it but it looks like it is for the 14. Which then is odd that they wont for the 15.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
This is a very interesting development. I wonder if anyone in the past has ordered on ACMI, selected AT&T, but just never activated it with them. Will Apple do anything to the ACMI over time?

Reactions: xxray

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
So I have settled on blueā€¦ and the 128 pro modelā€¦
So I am ready for Fridayā€¦

With this gorgeous phone I might risk going naked to really appreciate itā€¦ but for the first time I need some case. I might try the new woven ones

I am excitedā€¦
I just hope I donā€™t get headaches from the screen but I am thinking positive! It will be great!

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I did a test run for the iphone 14 and correct it did not ask to provide carrier info at check out.

Edit: this is for att. Verizon still asks to input
Same for T-Mobile. It asks for Wireless number and PIN at check out. This is for both ACMI and Apple iPhone Payments.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
YES!
I had wanted one so bad but the 4s in white was delayed supposedly due to issues with Appleā€™s exacting standards for... ā€œWhiteā€.:rolleyes:
Now itā€™s the ā€œTitanium Whiteā€ that is closestā€”
but I canā€™t tell if it really is ā€œsilverā€ in disguise because of how it shifts in light.:D
I'm getting white...I love that it's natural Ti on the edges, but white on the back. Best of both worlds!

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Is anyone getting a FineWoven case? Not too crazy about the colors. Possibly Mulberry.
Yes, I just ordered the Mulberry. I also ordered the Winter Blue in silicone. Iā€™m getting the blue phone. Iā€™m not ordering the Apple wallet this year. I want a wallet that will also act as a stand so I plan to order from Moft.

mykhaeli

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
Sunflower Galaxy
If you compare the Natural Titanium iPhone to Silver/White iPhone. The Silver/White iPhone 15 is not purely white as iPhone 14 Pro models.

View attachment 2260019
THANK.
YOU.
This is what was confusing me.
Though they call it ā€œTitanium Whiteā€, itā€™s color shifting on hands-on videos was, as they say, ā€œsusā€.:D
(if I recall, the iPhone X in ā€œWhiteā€ was similar!)
So with that, and the mostly monochromatic offerings, Iā€™m looking at ā€œTitanium Blueā€ because it has COLOR.
Apple will always have white, but it took them Forever to have Blue, and this particular blue on this model isnā€™t strange, itā€™s Gorgeous!šŸ¤©

Reactions: 5105973 and Brad7

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I spent literally hours debating colors yesterday until I finally was able to make a decision late last night.

I eliminated blue and natural early on. Got stuck between black and white. I like the stealthy rich look of black, but the futuristic look of white has been catching my eye over the past year or two. I was also thinking about how white might be less likely to overheat in direct sunlight.

The problem with black is Iā€™m tired of dark colors (deep purple) and I think it can look rather boring and bland in certain lighting. The problem with white is that thereā€™s always something that hasnā€™t fully clicked with me. I think part of it is that it looks to close to dummy models (cheap) and that the white can look too boring/blank, like a piece of paper. Also, where thereā€™s been some variance with black iPhones, it feels like the white has looked the same for 10 years.

Then, finally, all of the sudden, it clicked. Natural. Itā€™s much lighter than Deep Purple or black, but not too light that it looks blank like white. Itā€™s something new and different (which I wanted), and it should be less likely to overheat in direct sunlight compared to black. And luckily enough, the more I see it, the more I like it.

Good luck to all you color indecisive people like me! Youā€™ll figure it out!

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Me too. Every year, Space Gray/Black.
The Black Ti fighter (sorry, hopefully I can type that color without adding ā€œfighterā€ at the end) looks sick.

But this year, Iā€™m friggin doing it. Iā€™m breaking the cycle. Just locked in my pre-order for my first non-dark iPhone since the ā€˜07 2-toned device. I wentā€¦

15 Pro | 512 | Natty Ti

Old dog, new trick. Proud of me. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I can't do the pre-preorder (well, I can, but I'd really be risking losing a launch delivery... long story lol), so I have to do the whole thing on Friday. So, I'll have to quickly click on blue and just move on with the order! šŸ¤£

Reactions: 5105973

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I spent literally hours debating colors yesterday until I finally was able to make a decision late last night.

I eliminated blue and natural early on. Got stuck between black and white. I like the stealthy rich look of black, but the futuristic look of white has been catching my eye over the past year or two. I was also thinking about how white might be less likely to overheat in direct sunlight.

The problem with black is Iā€™m tired of dark colors (deep purple) and I think it can look rather boring and bland in certain lighting. The problem with white is that thereā€™s always something that hasnā€™t fully clicked with me. I think part of it is that it looks to close to dummy models (cheap) and that the white can look too boring/blank, like a piece of paper. Also, where thereā€™s been some variance with black iPhones, it feels like the white has looked the same for 10 years.

Then, finally, all of the sudden, it clicked. Natural. Itā€™s much lighter than Deep Purple or black, but not too light that it looks blank like white. Itā€™s something new and different (which I wanted), and it should be less likely to overheat in direct sunlight compared to black. And luckily enough, the more I see it, the more I like it.
In the past I always went with dark colors like space gray/space black. I tried Deep Purple last year but I did not like it. So I went with Space Black. This year I will go with the Blue Ti as Blue is my favorite color. However if Iā€™m not able to secure the Blue on Friday, i might then just go with Space Black or wait till next friday and see if the apple store will get one in stock as they will update it in the morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.