Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Y'all - confession time. I've been a Macrumors forum member since 2003 -- that's 20 YEARS -- and I basically come here once a year to do this iPhone upgrade thread. LOL. Also, I check out the accessories forums, etc., but this is my major contribution every year for like the last decade. 😆😆
Similar experience but only since 2016!

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I can't do the pre-preorder (well, I can, but I'd really be risking losing a launch delivery... long story lol), so I have to do the whole thing on Friday. So, I'll have to quickly click on blue and just move on with the order! 🤣
You got it!
Tho, curious how pre-ordering would jeopardize a launch-day delivery. Regardless, the Blue Ti looks killer. Good luck!

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
I spent literally hours debating colors yesterday until I finally was able to make a decision late last night.

I eliminated blue and natural early on. Got stuck between black and white. I like the stealthy rich look of black, but the futuristic look of white has been catching my eye over the past year or two. I was also thinking about how white might be less likely to overheat in direct sunlight.

The problem with black is I’m tired of dark colors (deep purple) and I think it can look rather boring and bland in certain lighting. The problem with white is that there’s always something that hasn’t fully clicked with me. I think part of it is that it looks to close to dummy models (cheap) and that the white can look too boring/blank, like a piece of paper. Also, where there’s been some variance with black iPhones, it feels like the white has looked the same for 10 years.

Then, finally, all of the sudden, it clicked. Natural. It’s much lighter than Deep Purple or black, but not too light that it looks blank like white. It’s something new and different (which I wanted), and it should be less likely to overheat in direct sunlight compared to black. And luckily enough, the more I see it, the more I like it.

Good luck to all you color indecisive people like me! You’ll figure it out!
my only fear with natural/white is the bezels look more obvious than blue and black

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
my only fear with natural/white is the bezels look more obvious than blue and black

I know what you mean. I have the opposite perspective on this. One of the reasons I prefer a lighter color this year is because it helps to see how much the bezel has been reduced. When you get a dark frame, it blends into the bezel and makes them look bigger than they actually are.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
You got it!
Tho, curious how pre-ordering would jeopardize a launch-day delivery. Regardless, the Blue Ti looks killer. Good luck!
Long story short; In 2020-2021, I ordered iPhone's using my Apple ID. Everything - all the information - was 100% correct, but every order I made got cancelled for no reason. Apple was no help. To this day, I refuse to order anything from that Apple ID. However, I technically could use my second Apple ID which is only currently used for my developer account... Thing is, since that's all it's used for, I have absolutely 0 idea if it'll work or not. There's no billing/shipping information tied in with the Apple ID (I just pay for the account manually) and the Apple ID account name is not the same as the card I'd be using. I feel like it would work, but I'm just not sure if it's a risk I'm willing to take.

If I knew it would work, I would pre-preorder it right now lol!

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Long story short; In 2020-2021, I ordered iPhone's using my Apple ID. Everything - all the information - was 100% correct, but every order I made got cancelled for no reason. Apple was no help. To this day, I refuse to order anything from that Apple ID. However, I technically could use my second Apple ID which is only currently used for my developer account... Thing is, since that's all it's used for, I have absolutely 0 idea if it'll work or not. There's no billing/shipping information tied in with the Apple ID (I just pay for the account manually) and the Apple ID account name is not the same as the card I'd be using. I feel like it would work, but I'm just not sure if it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Oh wow. Ok. There ya go. Yeah, I’d prob be too nervous and just do the whole thing Fri as well. Good luck!

Reactions: 5105973

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I have to say that I am enjoying reading about all of you who are struggling with what color to get. I knew that I was doing blue a few weeks ago. @Theyayarealiving and I talked about it around a month ago. We both wanted the red that was being rumored. But as soon as it was confirmed that there was no red coming, we both decided on blue. Of course her being her, she had decided to get two of them in blue and neutral. I have to add, that I am really missing her today.🥲

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Oh wow. Ok. There ya go. Yeah, I’d prob be too nervous and just do the whole thing Fri as well. Good luck!
Did that once and first go around the site was super slow and had to try again and round to i selected the wrong color (this was when the iPhone 7 came out and there was black and jet black).

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America

Here’s a iPhone 15 pro story that is going to drive people crazy.
On the flip side, you will possibly be able to set a maximum charge limit! The feature won't be available immediately, but will come shortly after.

Source: iPhone 15 may let users limit the maximum battery charge9to5Machttps://9to5mac.com › 2023/09/12 › iphone-15-limit-...

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis

Here’s a iPhone 15 pro story that is going to drive people crazy.
To me it makes sense. I hardly use the cable for anything other than charging. The general population will only charge with the cable. Pros looking to use the USB C port for anything more who want USB 3 likely have cables that support this already. Why drive up costs including the cable for everyone when few will use it.

Reactions: jtrue28 and alexcue

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I have to say that I am enjoying reading about all of you who are struggling with what color to get. I knew that I was doing blue a few weeks ago. @Theyayarealiving and I talked about it around a month ago. We both wanted the red that was being rumored. But as soon as it was confirmed that there was no red coming, we both decided on blue. Of course her being her, she had decided to get two of them in blue and neutral. I have to add, that I am really missing her today.🥲
Yep missing her also the party is just starting to wind up and go and she is missing hopefully back soon

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Did that once and first go around the site was super slow and had to try again and round to i selected the wrong color (this was when the iPhone 7 came out and there was black and jet black).
D'oh! 🤪
Did you end up keeping what you accidentally fat-fingered or did you swap at some pt?

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023

I mean if you go to manage your Apple ID and enter the billing info wouldn’t that be sufficient even though you are only using that as a dev account? I mean i have two apple ID and none of have my billing info in there and never had issues with orders being cancelled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.