Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
You don't finance with a carrier when using the upgrade program. The upgrade program has also always required you checkout with a carrier. The only change is with Apple Card you can't do connect later if using monthly payments. Nothing has changed in regards to the iPhone Upgrade Program it's only Apple Card Monthly Installments.
So, if I'm currently a Verizon customer but wanting to join the upgrade program, and I will possibly be switching carriers, It won't work if I buy a "T-Mobile" iPhone and try to activate it on Verizon? Also, during pre orders, would it ask me to log in with an account that doesn't exist?

onenorth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2021
A little bit confused with apple's presentation on the 15 pro max main sensor camera. Is it actually larger than last year's 14 pro? Various sources say conflicting information.
It appears that the 15 Pro/PM main sensor is the same as 14 Pro/PM but larger than the one in the 15/15 Plus.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
No the phone is tied to a carrier at checkout. Doesn't matter what method you choose it is not activated at checkout. If it was your old phone would stop working and you wouldn't have a phone until your new one arrived.
yeah I know regardless of what finance option to choose, you are forced to connect to a carrier which I prefer not too. in the previous years, I was able to finance using ACMI and select a un-carrier iPhone. That’s no longer the case anymore this year.

my best option now is to pre- pre-order an iPhone, choose to pay in full and when Friday comes, I will pay using paypal. It will be additional steps and I hope 1-2mins would still secure me for iPhone launch day delivery. 🙏

anyone else doing this route?

Reactions: Apple_Tiger

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Preorder info saved on Apple Store app. Smaller 15 Pro, Natural titanium, Taupe finewoven case. ✅
IMG_2307.jpeg

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
For anyone who has set their pre-preorder up for multiple phones during prior launches, do you check out each one individually or can you do it in one transaction?

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
So, if I'm currently a Verizon customer but wanting to join the upgrade program, and I will possibly be switching carriers, It won't work if I buy a "T-Mobile" iPhone and try to activate it on Verizon? Also, during pre orders, would it ask me to log in with an account that doesn't exist?
iPhone Upgrade phones are unlocked but you have to choose a carrier at checkout. If you have Verizon now choose that because you will need to enter your account info. You can switch it to another carrier anytime. The payments for the iPhone Upgrade Program are a line of credit through Citizens One Bank and not your carrier.

Reactions: Djones96

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
yeah I know regardless of what finance option to choose, you are forced to connect to a carrier which I prefer not too. in the previous years, I was able to finance using ACMI and select a un-carrier iPhone. That’s no longer the case anymore this year.

my best option now is to pre- pre-order an iPhone, choose to pay in full and when Friday comes, I will pay using paypal. It will be additional steps and I hope 1-2mins would still secure me for iPhone launch day delivery. 🙏

im on the Apple iUP so i won’t be going that route.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
For anyone who has set their pre-preorder up for multiple phones during prior launches, do you check out each one individually or can you do it in one transaction?
This is the first year you could prepare for pre order like this. Previous years you just favorited the configuration and added the saved items to your cart on pre order day.

Reactions: 5105973

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
This is the first year you could prepare for pre order like this. Previous years you just favorited the configuration and added the saved items to your cart on pre order day.
Well last year i was able to do the pre-preorder on sim free models and not just on the iUP.

Edit: so no this isn’t the first year you could do this.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022

I honestly have yet to see any evidence to counter my theory which is that selecting an AT&T iPhone with ACMI is a loophole for how we can still get a no-carrier one with ACMI. I believe activation is up to us when we receive that phone.

Of course, we could see evidence against it on Friday morning, but I’m still banking on this theory for now.

Reactions: anjo10

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Hey folks, you need to keep in mind that if you do any photos or videos and use Pro Res it fills your phone up FAST. Add music to this and you'll ne over 256gb in a heartbeat. With these new phones the minimum storage size you should be ordering is 512gb. Just my $.02.
I thought the higher quality video required the use of an external drive?

mavere

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
I could have sworn last year you could have fully prepped carrier-based promos on Apple.com before the preorder. In any case, I only got as far as this point on the Apple Store app selecting T-Mobile + combination of Apple instant-trade-in credit and T-Mobile's lock-in credits. App pops up a button to send notification once I'm able to continue with process.

IMG_3965.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.