Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
OK, I have a question with regards to my girlfriends' iPhone: She is on AT&T, currently has an iPhone 11 and is planning to pre-order from Apple on Friday for an iPhone 15. The 11 still uses the SIM card, but the new iPhones use eSIM. Is there anything she needs to do carrier-wise while transitioning from physical SIM to eSIM? I use Verizon, so I wasn't sure if AT&T worked the same. She hates technology, so she turns to me, lol
When I got switched to an eSIM with the iPhone 13 Pro (I think), it was a pretty seamless experience. I turned on my new phone and it worked without any issues. It looks like the iPhone 11 does have eSIM capabilities, so she could convert her physical SIM to eSIM before getting her new iPhone 15 Pro? It's really up to her. I think she could just turn on the new iPhone and it'll just work.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I just had lunch with my sister who I dont see often. She has a 14 Pro Max. I tested a lot of what I do on my current 14 Pro which is texting one handed, playing the only mobile gam I like (Mario kart tour) and opening apps. I have small hands and all of this was hard and my thumb was hurting pretty quickly.

The one hand use is more important than battery life. My sis said she cant use it without a pop socket but I really dont like those.

Oh well. Ill probably still order both but my hands are pretty small for a guy already lol
Good side experiment for sure….mustve been a pleasant afternoon I hope, lunch with your sister and a Side trial between the two devices too :).

Do you really feel that the 14 pro has a “poor” battery life? That’s my concern esp if the 15 pro battery life shows no improvement at all compared to 14Pro.

My 13 mini ( second phone) does have what I would consider a fairly weak battery, but man is it a joy to use. I end up using my 14 pro max as my main travel phone due to 13 mini weak battery. Was hoping to at least feel secure for a day’s use while traveling with the smaller 15 pro.

ctbaz

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2014
So I have settled on blue… and the 128 pro model…
So I am ready for Friday…

With this gorgeous phone I might risk going naked to really appreciate it… but for the first time I need some case. I might try the new woven ones

I am excited…
I just hope I don’t get headaches from the screen but I am thinking positive! It will be great!
I went naked with my 14pm and the way

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Question: i started on iUP last year but on 10/11/22. I checked my account on citizens one and i got charged in 9/11/23 and that is my 12th payment so realistically i should be fine and not worry about being charged at checkout correct?

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
would suck for those who wants to pre-order for in-store pick up then you have to wait till at least very late thursday night or early friday morning for the pick up email. Ill be going with in-store pick up this time around. So I’ll definitely miss the shipping boat
A friend of mine laughs at what I do tracking the shipping for a week and or going to get it at UPS CC... he just waits for the email/push that tells him it's ready for pickup. He doesn't stress... I do!

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Haha strangely when i track for shipments i pretty much obsessed with checking on a daily basis
Daily???? sheesh... rookie! i check obsessively by the hour if not more often when it hasn't moved! LOL

I enjoy this time of year, and I miss the Guru. I'm not saying the name because my post was removed earlier. I'm a lurker for years, but am not happy at these turn of events. I try to help those people who don't bother looking at the first post and of course who wants to go thru hundreds of posts to catch the latest detail. And i always appreciate this yearly thread to catch the action with fellow New Phone peeps.

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
does verizon charge for the no sim activation or can you clone everything over including the sim?
I get charged activation every year $35. Called, begged no avail they say its a valid charge even though they have nothing to do with the whole process

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
This might be a year I don't read/watch every part of every review once the review embargo lifts and just read/watch the parts I care about. I'm already getting so tired of hearing the same things over and over in the hands-on videos when I'm just trying to get more footage of how the new phone looks or hear opinions. :rolleyes:

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Daily???? sheesh... rookie! i check obsessively by the hour if not more often when it hasn't moved! LOL

I enjoy this time of year, and I miss the Guru. I'm not saying the name because my post was removed earlier. I'm a lurker for years, but am not happy at these turn of events. I try to help those people who don't bother looking at the first post and of course who wants to go thru hundreds of posts to catch the latest detail. And i always appreciate this yearly thread to catch the action with fellow New Phone peeps.
Lol 😂 i wish i could check every minute till I get it:)

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Question: i started on iUP last year but on 10/11/22. I checked my account on citizens one and i got charged in 9/11/23 and that is my 12th payment so realistically i should be fine and not worry about being charged at checkout correct?
It should tell you what your are gonna get charged when you prep for pre-order. If its tax plus first payment for the new phone you are good to go

Reactions: jtrue28

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
It should tell you what your are gonna get charged when you prep for pre-order. If its tax plus first payment for the new phone you are good to go
Yea ill have to wait till Friday i suppose for that. I did the pre preorder and got approved but didnt show payment info yet.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
That is my big issue as well. I went 11 pro max, 12 mini and 12 pro max(but the 12 pro max sat in a desk for 6 months since it was just too dang big as I enjoyed the mini), then 13 pro (which was fine), then 14 pro max (due to curiosity about better battery life again).

I have a 13 mini now as backup also along w/ a 14PM. I often use the 13 mini since it’s just so convenient and non-tiring to use. But technologically the 14PM is way superior with a nice battery, so I end up using the 14PM on trips.

I think the 15 pro will be a good compromise, but just concerned based on people here with the regular 14 pro and its suboptimal battery life. Thinking I may have to order both also, hate the idea, but difficult to decide.
I have the same issue. I have the 14 Pro Max now after mostly getting the regular Pros. Also have a new Mini 13 which I love. I'm set up to order the 15 Pro on Friday and now having second thoughts. I find my Pro Max too big and heavy to be comfortable using, but I love the big screen. With the slight weight and size reduction I'm thinking maybe I should try it. The Mini 13 is great to carry when going out, walking my dog etc., but hard to do any significant reading on. One more day to decide. 😀 I had no problem with the Pro battery life but I'm not a heavy user and have easy access to charging if necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.