Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Never saw that for regular orders. When I did my 13 Pro max I saved it and added it to the cart on pre order day.
To be fair, I didn't at first either. The only reason I even found out then was because me and her both had launch day deliveries, to which I was very surprised and questioned her about since she was not like any of us at all haha. She said she did it beforehand and only had to sign in on Friday morning to confirm the order.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
I'm 100% upgrading but when I tried starting the preorder process , it said my upgrade date is 9/19/23 , so does that mean I can't upgrade before that date?

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I could have sworn last year you could have fully prepped carrier-based promos on Apple.com before the preorder. In any case, I only got as far as this point on the Apple Store app selecting T-Mobile + combination of Apple instant-trade-in credit and T-Mobile's lock-in credits. App pops up a button to send notification once I'm able to continue with process.

View attachment 2261039
I think they are waiting on everything to be finalized on the carrier side. May not update until early Friday.

Reactions: Brad7

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I'm 100% upgrading but when I tried starting the preorder process , it said my upgrade date is 9/19/23 , so does that mean I can't upgrade before that date?
If you’re on IUP, maybe your 12th payment hasn’t cleared yet. You can log in to Citizen’s Bank iPhone Loan page and check there to see if you’re all caught up and/or make the 12th payment if you need to. Once that payment clears, you should be “eligible for upgrade”.

Sorry but you didn’t specify what program, so just assuming IUP Is your issue.

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
I honestly have yet to see any evidence to counter my theory which is that selecting an AT&T iPhone with ACMI is a loophole for how we can still get a no-carrier one with ACMI. I believe activation is up to us when we receive that phone.
Same. So I have one setup for AT&T ACMI & one for unlocked onetime payment

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023

If you’re on IUP, maybe your 12th payment hasn’t cleared yet. You can log in to Citizen’s Bank iPhone Loan page and check there to see if you’re all caught up and/or make the 12th payment if you need to. Once that payment clears, you should be “eligible for upgrade”.

Sorry but you didn’t specify what program, so just assuming IUP Is your issue.
for iUP, you can actually at check out. So no need to make an extra payment directly.

Edit: also technically you are eligible to upgrade at 6 month but must pay equivalent of 12 month to fully upgrade

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I have absolutely no idea whether to get the 15 Pro or Pro max so im pre ordering both and will just take advantage of the return policy. I feel like 15 mins playing with the Pro Max isnt enough time to decide. Gotta use it a few days.

Ive gone pretty much the small iPhone every year and im really tired of the poor battery life on the 14 Pro. But the size is so big. LOL first world problems

AstroRexaur

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2021
OMG here again. Lets hope this year when I preorder instead of “ship-to-home” will go to “Pick up in-store”. Background: Last year preordered my 14PM to pick up in store, magically, changed to ship-to-home and to add, the package got lost!!!!!!! I ended buying it at Best Buy like 1 week later and cancelled the apple one!

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
On the flip side, you will possibly be able to set a maximum charge limit! The feature won't be available immediately, but will come shortly after.

Source: iPhone 15 may let users limit the maximum battery charge9to5Machttps://9to5mac.com › 2023/09/12 › iphone-15-limit-...
That charging performance is making me set up my charger with a usb c cord rather them use MagSafe. I got a 65 watt charger so that part is done. After they upgrade the software, will update the cable.

• Wow
Reactions: IceCool

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
OK, I have a question with regards to my girlfriends' iPhone: She is on AT&T, currently has an iPhone 11 and is planning to pre-order from Apple on Friday for an iPhone 15. The 11 still uses the SIM card, but the new iPhones use eSIM. Is there anything she needs to do carrier-wise while transitioning from physical SIM to eSIM? I use Verizon, so I wasn't sure if AT&T worked the same. She hates technology, so she turns to me, lol

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Call me crazy but why is the trade in value for iPhone 14 pro only $570 and the 13 Pro is $480. Are they pricing it so people don’t trade in the 14 pro and enticing the 13 pro users to upgrade? This doesn’t make any sense. But I am almost thinking of trading in the 13 pro and keep the 14 pro.

Reactions: xxray and Brad7

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
OK, I have a question with regards to my girlfriends' iPhone: She is on AT&T, currently has an iPhone 11 and is planning to pre-order from Apple on Friday for an iPhone 15. The 11 still uses the SIM card, but the new iPhones use eSIM. Is there anything she needs to do carrier-wise while transitioning from physical SIM to eSIM? I use Verizon, so I wasn't sure if AT&T worked the same. She hates technology, so she turns to me, lol
When I upgraded last year from the 13 to 14 (SIM card to eSIM), nothing different for me - and I'm on AT&T. It felt like a "normal" upgrade.

Reactions: julit0 and ksujoel

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
It may be easier to convert to eSIM now on the 11. Then migration will be seamless to the 15. I think the 11 has to be unlocked, though.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
does verizon charge for the no sim activation or can you clone everything over including the sim?

Reactions: es26

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I have absolutely no idea whether to get the 15 Pro or Pro max so im pre ordering both and will just take advantage of the return policy. I feel like 15 mins playing with the Pro Max isnt enough time to decide. Gotta use it a few days.

Ive gone pretty much the small iPhone every year and im really tired of the poor battery life on the 14 Pro. But the size is so big. LOL first world problems
That is my big issue as well. I went 11 pro max, 12 mini and 12 pro max(but the 12 pro max sat in a desk for 6 months since it was just too dang big as I enjoyed the mini), then 13 pro (which was fine), then 14 pro max (due to curiosity about better battery life again).

I have a 13 mini now as backup also along w/ a 14PM. I often use the 13 mini since it’s just so convenient and non-tiring to use. But technologically the 14PM is way superior with a nice battery, so I end up using the 14PM on trips.

I think the 15 pro will be a good compromise, but just concerned based on people here with the regular 14 pro and its suboptimal battery life. Thinking I may have to order both also, hate the idea, but difficult to decide.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Call me crazy but why is the trade in value for iPhone 14 pro only $570 and the 13 Pro is $480. Are they pricing it so people don’t trade in the 14 pro and enticing the 13 pro users to upgrade? This doesn’t make any sense. But I am almost thinking of trading in the 13 pro and keep the 14 pro.

I noticed that too. I also noticed that 13 Pro Max prices on Swappa are nearly the same prices as the 14 Pro Max. It doesn’t feel great knowing I’d save a lot more money I’d save if I wait another year to upgrade, whether I trade in or sell my phone.

It doesn’t help that this year’s update seems like one of the most incremental updates either. But I’m still ordering and will use my return window if I don’t feel it’s worth it. I’m betting that a lot of the updates (feel in the hand, USB-C, action button, camera improvements based on software) will be a bit hard to quantify on a spec sheet.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
That is my big issue as well. I went 11 pro max, 12 mini and 12 pro max(but the 12 pro max sat in a desk for 6 months since it was just too dang big as I enjoyed the mini), then 13 pro (which was fine), then 14 pro max (due to curiosity about better battery life again).

I have a 13 mini now as backup also along w/ a 14PM. I often use the 13 mini since it’s just so convenient and non-tiring to use. But technologically the 14PM is way superior with a nice battery, so I end up using the 14PM on trips.

I think the 15 pro will be a good compromise, but just concerned based on people here with the regular 14 pro and its suboptimal battery life. Thinking I may have to order both also, hate the idea, but difficult to decide.
I just had lunch with my sister who I dont see often. She has a 14 Pro Max. I tested a lot of what I do on my current 14 Pro which is texting one handed, playing the only mobile gam I like (Mario kart tour) and opening apps. I have small hands and all of this was hard and my thumb was hurting pretty quickly.

The one hand use is more important than battery life. My sis said she cant use it without a pop socket but I really dont like those.

Oh well. Ill probably still order both but my hands are pretty small for a guy already lol

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Convert to eSIM using her 11. Once she gets the new iPhone, she will be able to transfer the eSIM over to the new phone during setup. This happens BEFORE you transfer data. After that, proceed as normal.
So she should be able to go into her cellular settings and convert it to eSIM?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.