Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Interesting i havent event got charged yet abd my pre preorder is still approved for sure. Not sure if I should be concerned but then its just a temp.
Maybe they're just eager to empty my wallet.

giphy.gif

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Okay makes sense is its just a pre preorder so nothing gets charged till its shipped or ready for pick up?
Correct - you haven't actually ordered anything yet, all you've done is prepared for the pre-order that will happen Friday morning. Friday morning you will actually make the order, and at that point, you will start to see charges to your card soon after.

Reactions: 5105973 and Brad7

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
A friend of mine laughs at what I do tracking the shipping for a week and or going to get it at UPS CC... he just waits for the email/push that tells him it's ready for pickup. He doesn't stress... I do!

This used to be me, tracking and then intercepting at UPS CC and before that waiting all day for the UPS delivery at home. Now I take the day off of work, do in store pickup and spend the rest of the day getting acquainted with my new device.

Last edited:

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Okay makes sense is its just a pre preorder so nothing gets charged till its shipped or ready for pick up?
Yeah no charge until pre order. If you finance you should be charged tax and first months payment (if using iPhone Loans) shortly after order or around when it is about to ship.

Reactions: Brad7

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
This is going to be a stupid question, granted I believe I already know the answer…

I decided I’m going to try the pre-preorder today. Does the card holders name have to be the same as the Apple ID account name? I know the shipping address doesn’t have to be, but just want to make sure the billing address doesn’t have to be the same either.

Reactions: compwiz1202

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
This is going to be a stupid question, granted I believe I already know the answer…

I decided I’m going to try the pre-preorder today. Does the card holders name have to be the same as the Apple ID account name? I know the shipping address doesn’t have to be, but just want to make sure the billing address doesn’t have to be the same either.
No the card and account don't have to match. You just need to enter the correct billing info if it's not the same as the shipping info.

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023

No, just make sure the billing info is correct and more importantly, that the address it's being shipped to is correct. ;)

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis

Using daddy's money? Lol JK

• Haha
Reactions: IceCool and jtrue28

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Hi folks, long time iPhone serial upgrader here. This is the first year I am like eh about upgrading. I have a 14 Pro Max. I also moved to an MNVO this year on my IUP so upgrading is sort of a pain anyway as I have to do it on my wife's line and then activate the eSim for visible. Anyway, I pre-qualified today and I am trying to decide if I should upgrade--monthly stays the same, but I guess sales tax is the main thing.

Before the keynote I told my wife I was leaning 80-20 on whether to upgrade, she laughed and said I bet its the other way around--20% you don't and 80% you do!

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Have stores started selling the new cases yet? I have to pickup a MacBook that was repaired tomorrow, so I might try to get a FineWoven case if it's available.

has anyone been charged for initial tax and installments already showing on their apple card?
Yes. I was confused at first by the charge on my Apple Card, but it clicked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.