Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

danpam12358

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
If I preorder this Friday and I select that I am going to trade in my 14 Pro and then it turns out I want to sell else where...is that ok? Will Apple just charge me the full $999 for the 15 Pro and I'm not obligated to send in the 14 Pro as a trade in?

I want to preorder with a trade in as a last resort back up option since I assume you can't add the trade in afterwards.

Reactions: Brad7

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
If I preorder this Friday and I select that I am going to trade in my 14 Pro and then it turns out I want to sell else where...is that ok? Will Apple just charge me the full $999 for the 15 Pro and I'm not obligated to send in the 14 Pro as a trade in?

I want to preorder with a trade in as a last resort back up option since I assume you can't add the trade in afterwards.
If it works like last year… Yes, they’ll charge you full price and send you a box. If/when they receive your trade in they’ll apply a refund to your card. I did this last year but instead of mailing it in, I decided to take it to a store. I still received emails that I was running out of time to send it back even though I already got a refund.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
I know what you mean. I have the opposite perspective on this. One of the reasons I prefer a lighter color this year is because it helps to see how much the bezel has been reduced. When you get a dark frame, it blends into the bezel and makes them look bigger than they actually are.
alright I went to the store and I totally agree with you. bezels on 14 pro in black actually looked a lot bigger than on my deep purple which is less dark around the rim. finally settled on natural

Reactions: xgman and xxray

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012

You don’t have to send in the trade-in. That’s why Apple charges the full amount upfront and the credit is given after they get your trade in. You’ll see that they are expecting your trade-in, but they won’t come after you if they don’t receive it. They already have your money.

Elastep

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Ashburn, VA
When you order to pick up in store - what are the lines in there at launch date? There’s nothing worse than waiting FedEx to arrive…

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
When you order to pick up in store - what are the lines in there at launch date? There’s nothing worse than waiting FedEx to arrive…
The one time I picked up in store, it was kind of a cluster. I had a reservation and it still took about an hour from the time I arrived to when I got my stuff. But YMMV and this was like 2019

Elastep

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Ashburn, VA
The one time I picked up in store, it was kind of a cluster. I had a reservation and it still took about an hour from the time I arrived to when I got my stuff. But YMMV and this was like 2019
Oh shoot… That doesn’t sound fun… Probably will have to live through waiting for fedex moments once again

Hookee123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2023
Hi everyone - I have a couple of questions as I have not done the pre order before and want to make sure I am successful.

Is there a limit of how many you will be able to pre order? I need to order 4 total.

From what I can tell there is no way to save a pre order for more than one device?

Thanks in advance!

gadgetfreaky

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
On the Apple site are they going to allow pre-upgrade selection for easy checkout before the launch? They gave me the option to notify when carrier promo/financing would be available but it sure would be helpful. Esp for those of us who switched to the Plus plan to get the $1K promo to make sure it's working,

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Hi everyone - I have a couple of questions as I have not done the pre order before and want to make sure I am successful.

Is there a limit of how many you will be able to pre order? I need to order 4 total.

From what I can tell there is no way to save a pre order for more than one device?

Thanks in advance!
You can have more than one pre preorders. I believe do have limits in order and usually it is 2 iphones in 1 single order. You could do multiple in 1’s but can be risky because if they see that there is more than a few order by same name and all they can cancel orders and email you that you exceed the quantity limit.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I did home delivery last year but in-store pickup the year before. Probably will do home delivery again this year as its way too much fun playing the tracking game with UPS on here.
I’m taking off next Friday so I could do either. Problem is it will be a busy week so not much real time tracking fun for me. If I can get early store pickup, I’m going for it.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I’m taking off next Friday so I could do either. Problem is it will be a busy week so not much real time tracking fun for me. If I can get early store pickup, I’m going for it.

Previous years i always done home delivery but redirect for a ups cc hold. But this time I might just do the in store pick up. If I can’t secure it i may wait till launch day and see if I can secure it then.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012

You select a pickup window. If you get there too much earlier than your time, they will tell you to come back or check for people who have the current time scheduled.

Obviously the later in the day, the more likely you will have some wait in front of your actual time, but not too terrible. Most people pick up and leave, but some want additional support. Go for an early appointment if you can.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023

Thanks in advance!
I see this on my order

1694656978059.jpeg

Reactions: Hookee123 and Brad7

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Here's a dumb idea -- has anyone shipped themselves a box of random stuff via Next Day Air to coincide with iphone Friday? The iPhone shipments are due by end-of-day Friday, but Next Day Air is due by noon...so my hope is that they're all on the same truck together since UPS usually gets to my place later in the day.

A next day air package is about $18...so maybe that's worth the bet.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Here's a dumb idea -- has anyone shipped themselves a box of random stuff via Next Day Air to coincide with iphone Friday? The iPhone shipments are due by end-of-day Friday, but Next Day Air is due by noon...so my hope is that they're all on the same truck together since UPS usually gets to my place later in the day.

A next day air package is about $18...so maybe that's worth the bet.

Depends on your area. Next Day Air is almost always a different truck than my usual driver.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
if I try to place an order friday the site says I need to wait as its carrier financing I wont have any shot at store pickup? just trying to weigh my options

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.