Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Earlier I was trying to do the pre pre order with the Apple upgrade program with “Verizon” being the carrier I chose. It already approved me and pulled my credit, and said my pre order was ready to be submitted Friday morning. Is there any chance that the verification fails during the checkout process and my approval gets pulled? I created a backup order just in case.

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone have a guess at what the chance is of the USB-C not working with my car (not CarPlay)?

I have a 2016 car that doesn’t have CarPlay, but does have a nice sound system. In order to get the most out of that system, I plug my iPhone into the USB-A port, and it is recognized as an iPod. Do you think the change to USB-C will mess with my car recognizing the new phone? I can’t think of why it would, but I don’t know enough about how it works. TIA :)

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Earlier I was trying to do the pre pre order with the Apple upgrade program with “Verizon” being the carrier I chose. It already approved me and pulled my credit, and said my pre order was ready to be submitted Friday morning. Is there any chance that the verification fails during the checkout process and my approval gets pulled? I created a backup order just in case.
If your pre preorder did go through it will go through on Friday. I read some folks were denied at pre preapproval. So as long as you didn’t get denied on pre preorder you will be fine.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Anyone have a guess at what the chance is of the USB-C not working with my car (not CarPlay)?

I have a 2016 car that doesn’t have CarPlay, but does have a nice sound system. In order to get the most out of that system, I plug my iPhone into the USB-A port, and it is recognized as an iPod. Do you think the change to USB-C will mess with my car recognizing the new phone? I can’t think of why it would, but I don’t know enough about how it works. TIA :)
I didn't even think about this.... I use Apple CarPlay all the time...Hmmmm. Do they make a USB-C to USB-A cable?

• Wow
Reactions: Tb87Bln

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I didn't even think about this.... I use Apple CarPlay all the time...Hmmmm. Do they make a USB-C to USB-A cable?
Yeah, I have a few USB-A to -C cables, but my concern is whether or not that will affect how the phone is recognized. All the posts I can find about this question are about CarPlay, and the general consensus is that it will be fine. Just not sure if non-CarPlay cars will also be unaffected

Reactions: CarolG

tunastink

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I've watched these epic iPhone order tracking threads from the sidelines in previous years. This year I'll have my own order going and will get to play along 😄

I have a 12 mini now and want a new phone this year. I was on the fence about whether to get a 13 mini or the 15 pro. Sorry fellow mini mobbers!

The feature that pushed me over the line to get a 15pro is Vision Pro capture. I think it's a bit of a slimy move on Apple's part to make this exclusive to the 15 Pro line -- it seems like it should be supported on any recent iPhone with a main and a wide camera (so, not the SE?)... I've been wanting this capability since the Vision Pro was announced, thought it was a no-brainer for them to add to phones but never saw any rumors about it, so was pleasantly shocked when they mentioned that feature.

Planning to get the regular-size 15pro in natural titanium, 1TB. Always max out storage right?

glhf!

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I've watched these epic iPhone order tracking threads from the sidelines in previous years. This year I'll have my own order going and will get to play along 😄

I have a 12 mini now and want a new phone this year. I was on the fence about whether to get a 13 mini or the 15 pro. Sorry fellow mini mobbers!

The feature that pushed me over the line to get a 15pro is Vision Pro capture. I think it's a bit of a slimy move on Apple's part to make this exclusive to the 15 Pro line -- it seems like it should be supported on any recent iPhone with a main and a wide camera (so, not the SE?)... I've been wanting this capability since the Vision Pro was announced, thought it was a no-brainer for them to add to phones but never saw any rumors about it, so was pleasantly shocked when they mentioned that feature.

Planning to get the regular-size 15pro in natural titanium, 1TB. Always max out storage right?

glhf!
My guess for why no spatial recording on the non-pro is because the cameras have to be level. The cameras on the regular 15 are diagonal and they are level with each other on the pro

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7 and tunastink

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010

glhf!

Well, if regular iPhones got every feature the Pros did, then they wouldn't need to differentiate a Pro model.

tunastink

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
Well, if regular iPhones got every feature the Pros did, then they wouldn't need to differentiate a Pro model.

My feeling is the differentiation should happen at the hardware level, and then the OS should always try to maximize capabilities based on the hardware it’s running on. But that won’t make as much money for Tim I suppose.

Reactions: compwiz1202

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.

No. It’s not going to make any difference. You should though look on the Amazon website for some of the new products that add CarPlay to your old car. They work by themselves and have nothing to do with your stereo. They also add wireless CarPlay.

Reactions: Tb87Bln

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
No. It’s not going to make any difference. You should though look on the Amazon website for some of the new products that add CarPlay to your old car. They work by themselves and have nothing to do with your stereo. They also add wireless CarPlay.
Thanks for the input. Could you tell me more about the CarPlay systems you’re talking about? I looked into them not too long ago, but in order to play music through them, they had to be integrated into the sound system. And typically, they have their own amp which would pale in comparison to the one in my current system.

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO

glhf!
So you’re buying Vision pro when it comes out?

tunastink

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2019
So you’re buying Vision pro when it comes out?
I’ve been thinking about it… I was really looking forward to the announcement, but then the high price was a bit off-putting, will most likely skip gen1. Almost certain to get some device in the Apple “Vision” family at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.