Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Mar 15, 2005
Preapproved for 24 mo financing via Apple for the pro max 512, decided I want 256

Should I change now? Or change the morning of? Would require a new citizens loan approval - hard check?

I could be wrong, but I don't remember getting a hard inquiry on any part of the iPhone loan program pre-approval or when it ships. I don't believe the loan shows up on credit report either? Unless you don't pay, and they report you / send to collections.

Again, something may have changed, but this is my recollection.

I do think you may want 512 if you are going to take advantage of the cameras, but not everyone does.

I'm trying to decide if I want to change the pre-approval to 1TB from 512.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
It seems I can’t pre-pre-order from the Military Store this year. I was able to last year and I believe in ‘21 as well. I just want to pay in full (with a trade-in). I wonder if I’ll be able to pre-order tomorrow or if they’re reverting to past years in which they didn’t immediately open up the new phones to the Military Store (if not, why even have them listed? 🤔). Now I’m not sure whether to take the chance that I’ll be able to pre-order tomorrow for pickup on launch day, or if I should just go ahead and Get Ready utilizing installments on my Apple Card (which I hate doing because I loathe carrying a balance, plus I don’t like that it’s 24 months since I upgrade every 12). The struggle is real 😩

Reactions: Brad7

NickyValentine

Suspended
Aug 7, 2023
For us using apple and financing through t mobile. When are we expected to get out notification from apple to be good to go

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
It seems I can’t pre-pre-order from the Military Store this year. I was able to last year and I believe in ‘21 as well. I just want to pay in full (with a trade-in). I wonder if I’ll be able to pre-order tomorrow or if they’re reverting to past years in which they didn’t immediately open up the new phones to the Military Store (if not, why even have them listed? 🤔). Now I’m not sure whether to take the chance that I’ll be able to pre-order tomorrow for pickup on launch day, or if I should just go ahead and Get Ready utilizing installments on my Apple Card (which I hate doing because I loathe carrying a balance, plus I don’t like that it’s 24 months since I upgrade every 12). The struggle is real 😩
You can pay the Apple Card balance in full as soon as the installment plan posts.

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Hey, folks. It’s great to be back! Locked in for tomorrow…

IMG_2494.jpeg

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
☀️Good morning everyone!☀️

🚨🚨🚨Pre-orders open in ONE DAY!🚨🚨🚨

If you plan on pre-ordering something tomorrow morning, get ready in advance to better your chances of a launch day delivery! It gets hectic out there!

If you already pre-preordered, make sure you’re ready to speed through the shipping information as quickly (and accurately) as possible.

Hope everyone has a great preorders eve!

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Oh I know but if I can’t take advantage of the 10% off, other than preferring not to carry a balance, I have no good reason to pay in full. Might as well earn the interest in my savings for a year :)
That’s how I look at it. I have no problem paying outright, but why turn down interest-free financing. Also, 10% off would be a serious discount!

Wallsj

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
Quick question for any of you ordering pros.

I currently have iPhone 11 Pro Max. It’s paid for on Verizon prepaid plan.

I want to upgrade to iPhone 15 pro max and switch to ATT and keep my number.

Is that going to be a problem trying to do this on preorder website? Any tips?

Reactions: compwiz1202

Ameer_1

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2023
Boca Raton, Florida
Does anyone know if Walmart will sell the iPhone 15 Pro at full price and not monthly? I have a niece who got her first job and she received an associate discount so basically the iPhone will be less than $999.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Quick question for any of you ordering pros.

I currently have iPhone 11 Pro Max. It’s paid for on Verizon prepaid plan.

I want to upgrade to iPhone 15 pro max and switch to ATT and keep my number.

Is that going to be a problem trying to do this on preorder website? Any tips?
You’d want to preorder an unlocked - labeled as “Connect with any carrier later” - iPhone. The only difference with this (besides not being locked to a specific carrier) is that you have to pay up front, in full.

If you don’t upgrade yearly, this would be the best option as well, granted if you hate AT&T and want to switch back, you already have an unlocked iPhone.

If you’re planning to finance, it’ll be a different scenario. But if you’re okay with the one-time payment, go for it!

mixedup

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
So in Canada, in order to “get ready” I need to set up financing….otherwise I just log in and pre-order as normal. Does this give priority to those who are using Affirm? Or is it still first come/first served?

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Does anyone know if Walmart will sell the iPhone 15 Pro at full price and not monthly? I have a niece who got her first job and she received an associate discount so basically the iPhone will be less than $999.
If they did for the 14’s, they will for the 15’s!

I just looked and it looks like it depends on the carrier though. The only option for a Verizon iPhone is through monthly installments, where a Straight Talk iPhone can be a one-time payment. So, it really depends, but I’d assume so!

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
So in Canada, in order to “get ready” I need to set up financing….otherwise I just log in and pre-order as normal. Does this give priority to those who are using Affirm? Or is it still first come/first served?
It’s technically still on a first come first-served basis… however, since you save your billing information when you pre-pre-order, all you have to do on Friday is log in and fill out the shipping information. So, you’re effectively done with half of it, just got to fill out the last part. That’s why it’s technically first come-first serve, because you’re still not guaranteed a launch delivery! Still gotta be quick!

Reactions: Brad7 and mixedup

PrimeTimeMKTO

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2014
Minnesota
Had to think on it but decided to upgrade my 12PM to 15PM. Will go standard black as always and 256.

Had a hard time with this one but decided the upgrade to 120Hz display, USB C, 256GB base storage, and the new chip were just enough to upgrade.

My 12PM is in need of a new battery and I'll also take advantage of what the 12PM is worth now rather than let it depreciate further.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Good morning!

How to apply military discount? hubby is pre-ordering an iPhone and will pay in full. What information does he need to provide?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.