Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I guess I need to wake up close to 5 AM on Friday to make sure the pre-order goes through. That should be fun. Hopefully it's a couple clicks and then I can go back to bed. I worry the app will actually crash or be super slow though.

Planning to get the 15 Pro Max Blue 256 GB

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
do y'all know when the phones would be delivered after pre order? not sure whether to do delivery or in store pick up. i also have a trade in

If nothing has changed from previous releases, in your order when you say you have a trade in, Apple will mail you a separate pre-paid box to return your device. Sometimes that box will arrive before your new device.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
If I preorder this Friday and I select that I am going to trade in my 14 Pro and then it turns out I want to sell else where...is that ok? Will Apple just charge me the full $999 for the 15 Pro and I'm not obligated to send in the 14 Pro as a trade in?

I want to preorder with a trade in as a last resort back up option since I assume you can't add the trade in afterwards.
I'm selecting trade in but then selling on Decluttr as I'm getting $150 more. Since I'm financing I wonder how I'll be charged?

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Has anyone done the wake up early and preorder the device thing before. What are those days like. What should I expect. On the east coast it's easier because you probably are already up. On the west coast, I have to set my alarm early and I'm still anticipating inturruptions. It's like Apple's exclusive black friday, and I've never actually gone to Black Friday sales unless I had to be there for work (Toys R Us or Macy's). I hope it goes well and I can get the phone at a reasonable time.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Has anyone done the wake up early and preorder the device thing before. What are those days like. What should I expect. On the east coast it's easier because you probably are already up. On the west coast, I have to set my alarm early and I'm still anticipating inturruptions. It's like Apple's exclusive black friday, and I've never actually gone to Black Friday sales unless I had to be there for work (Toys R Us or Macy's). I hope it goes well and I can get the phone at a reasonable time.
Be prepared to start trying to access the store 10 minutes prior to start time, Continuously refresh browser or Apple Store app every 15 seconds. At the appointed time you realize it doesn't work and there's no access to purchase. Now the swearing starts. You continually refresh until you notice droplets of blood on the keypad. It is now 6 minutes past start time. The swearing turns into screeching. You continually refresh the page. At 14 minutes past start time you gain access to the store. Yah! You begin to complete your order you started on pre pre order day. You finally complete your order then suddenly notice your shipping date is Oct. 27th.

Welcome to Iphone ordering day!

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Be prepared to start trying to access the store 10 minutes prior to start time, Continuously refresh browser or Apple Store app every 15 seconds. At the appointed time you realize it doesn't work and there's no access to purchase. Now the swearing starts. You continually refresh until you notice droplets of blood on the keypad. It is now 6 minutes past start time. The swearing turns into screeching. You continually refresh the page. At 14 minutes past start time you gain access to the store. Yah! You begin to complete your order you started on pre pre order day. You finally complete your order then suddenly notice your shipping date is Oct. 27th.

Welcome to Iphone ordering day!

I'm planning to pick it up at the store. Hopefully that makes a difference.

Thank You for that detailed description. I'm sure that's a glorious way to start a Friday.

Love Divine

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2014
Preapproved for 24 mo financing via Apple for the pro max 512, decided I want 256

Should I change now? Or change the morning of? Would require a new citizens loan approval - hard check?

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
would suck for those who wants to pre-order for in-store pick up then you have to wait till at least very late thursday night or early friday morning for the pick up email. Ill be going with in-store pick up this time around. So Iā€™ll definitely miss the shipping boat
Oh. Thatā€™s rightā€¦
So now I not only have to decide on which phone I will get and which accessoriesā€¦ but also if Iā€˜ll choose in store pick up or deliver homeā€¦

I donā€™t wanna miss out on all the flight excitement but I also wonā€™t be homeā€¦šŸ¤Æ

I guess Iā€™ll ask my parents to stay home and guard the door for me (and pay next time for dinner) and get the phone deliveredā€¦

Reactions: Brad7

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
How does esim work if I move to the EU next year and need to switch to a different carrier? On Verizon in the US now.
Get a (local) European Esim cardā€¦
Or to stay in the mood of this thread: buy a new IPhone next year which might still have a regular sim tray (the 15th still has a regular sim tray this year for European phonesā€¦)

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Oh. Thatā€™s rightā€¦
So now I not only have to decide on which phone I will get and which accessoriesā€¦ but also if Iā€˜ll choose in store pick up or deliver homeā€¦

I donā€™t wanna miss out on all the flight excitement but I also wonā€™t be homeā€¦šŸ¤Æ

I guess Iā€™ll ask my parents to stay home and guard the door for me (and pay next time for dinner) and get the phone deliveredā€¦

Accessory wise, you can order those now and pick up on this Friday or have them delivered before the iPhone arrives/becomes available. A good way to lessen some of the headache/anticipation of everything arriving when you arenā€™t home or at the end of the day.

Reactions: Brad7 and Tb87Bln

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Anyone have a guess at what the chance is of the USB-C not working with my car (not CarPlay)?

I have a 2016 car that doesnā€™t have CarPlay, but does have a nice sound system. In order to get the most out of that system, I plug my iPhone into the USB-A port, and it is recognized as an iPod. Do you think the change to USB-C will mess with my car recognizing the new phone? I canā€™t think of why it would, but I donā€™t know enough about how it works. TIA :)
Just get a little C to A adapter.

[Edit] - Something like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.