Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
To me A16 bionic is already enough powerful. But if they fixed heat issues that will give us better battery LIFESPAN and time. I'm now at 85% battery health on my 14PM that I bought at day1. And I don't see any other explanation to this except that the phone by itself is a LOT hotter overall compared to say 13PM.

Which is funny because I remember them saying as part of the 14 Pro keynote that thermals were improved.

Reactions: Elastep

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Every single year, they release a new color that I think that I’m going to try and I always keep reverting back to black 😅
I have had black the past 4-5 years and can't do it again. Its the safer option, but need to change things up otherwise it will feel too much like the 14 PM. From what I am seeing from the pictures, I actually prefer what Apple calls black with the polished frame but that's me. I think in the longest time now that they have the brushed frame vs polished the white looks very clean. Really back and forth between that and natural.

Reactions: Brad7

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
To me A16 bionic is already enough powerful. But if they fixed heat issues that will give us better battery LIFESPAN and time. I'm now at 85% battery health on my 14PM that I bought at day1. And I don't see any other explanation to this except that the phone by itself is a LOT hotter overall compared to say 13PM.
I just checked my battery health for my iPhone 14 Pro and it's at 87%. My friend who has an iPhone 13 Pro Max is at 89% 🥴

stanman64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Yes, you can ask UPS to hold it at your nearest CC hub for same day pickup. Costs $5 if you don’t have the MyChoice membership. You have to request it at a particular point in time during the shipping, check out the OP post. We’ll be giving a heads-up here when the time comes during the tracking stages, as well.
Thank you!

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Got my CitizensOne payment reminder this morning for my 14. Due on 15th. I did the pre-pre-order last night. Last year they put a hold on the automatic payments, but it's not showing that yet on their website. Anyone else in same boat? Should we cancel automatic payments now, or just let them figure it out?

We're ordering PM Natural 256GB. (x2)
I’d just let the figure it out. I remember this happening but they ended up refunding the extra payment and I didnt had to do anything to make that happen.

Reactions: jtrue28

T4t3r

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Short of a defective unit, battery health is going to be based on your charging habits. If you've "lost" that much battery health in a single year, then you don't understand how to properly charge and manage these types of batteries.

My 14 PM was bought on release day last year and it's still at 100%. It gets charged every day, occasionally more than once. I've never had an iphone go below 90% battery health and I've owned some phones for 3+ years.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
Ugh, that Blue is nice! I need to see it next to the Pacific Blue to get a true idea
Short of a defective unit, battery health is going to be based on your charging habits. If you've "lost" that much battery health in a single year, then you don't understand how to properly charge and manage these types of batteries.

My 14 PM was bought on release day last year and it's still at 100%. It gets charged every day, occasionally more than once. I've never had an iphone go below 90% battery health and I've owned some phones for 3+ years.
well anecdotally i’ve used the exact same charging habits on all my phones and 14 pro is the only to get to 88% in 1 year. I also seem to not be the only one if you look at any of the many threads on this issue, but thanks for the pompous snark

Elastep

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Ashburn, VA

Nope. I had many iPhones before and charged them EXACTLY the same pattern - overnight wirelessly and they all were at 99% by the end of year 1. This is the first iPhone that has such a battery degradation. And also google :) You'll see what I'm talking about...

T4t3r

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
well anecdotally i’ve used the exact same charging habits on all my phones and 14 pro is the only to get to 88% in 1 year. I also seem to not be the only one if you look at any of the many threads on this issue, but thanks for the pompous snark
If you read my post, I literally said this in the first sentence - maybe yours are defective.

Otherwise it's not pompous, battery health will be maintained with proper maintenance and charging of these types of batteries. Explain how so many of us other 14 Pro and Pro Max owners still have battery health at 99%+ a year later?

People have complained about battery degradation on every single generation of iphone.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013

In addition to what @dudeski and @Elastep said, you shouldn't even have to “properly charge and manage these types of batteries.” Your phone is meant to work for you. I shouldn’t have to doing a bunch of battery management to keep my battery lasting. Are there things you can do if you want to maximize health? Sure. But you shouldn’t have to.

I’ve never had an iPhone battery capacity lower than 97% after a year, and now I’m at 92% on my 14PM and it hasn’t even been a year yet. Additionally, it’s the biggest battery I’ve ever had in a phone which theoretically should mean that the battery degrades more slowly than all the iPhones I previously had. It doesn’t make sense.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Hey all, question...

So, long story short, I have a history with my main Apple ID and order being canceled by Apple for no reason. I don't know why, it just is that way.

However, I was thinking. I could use my secondary Apple ID for the pre-pre-order (which is really only for my developer account) this time around. Here's the thing: I have NEVER used it to order anything. So, my question is, if I place the pre-pre-order using that Apple ID, will the payment and billing information be validated - or approved - ahead of time (before Friday) so that I'll know if it'll get cancelled?

Note: The billing name/address as well as the shipping name/address is not the same as my Apple ID's (though I didn't put any addresses on file for that Apple ID)

I guess I just don't know if it's worth the risk...

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68040
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Do we have official confirmation that the pre-orders start Friday, 9/15/23 at 5 am Pacific? They didn't mention it during the keynote. Really hoping they go back to midnight pre-orders... I hate getting up at 5 am lol
Yes 5 AM. Go to apple.com

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68040
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Well then, here we go again.

Has anyone seen anything yet on the "pre-pre order" thing that Apple has been doing the last few years for those on the iPhone Upgrade Program. Basically you go in, select your options, hit save, then when Friday rolls around its one click and you're done.

Hoping they offer this again.
Anyone can do it at apple.com

Reactions: dudeski and Brad7

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I like the 120mm zoom and the Action button, but not the removal of the mute switch itself.
Mute on/off is a function. I can look at it and see if it's muted or not. How do I do that with the new phone?

Reactions: mizzourah
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.