Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I didn’t even get approved for IUP. From what I read, looked pretty lenient, but guess not. I’m trying to avoid ordering from T-Mobile directly, they always seem to mess it up for preorders.
You tried the iUP and it did not work for you? What kind of card did you use for it? the card I tried first had some glitches last year but not til the preorder was set and then error came 2 hours later. This year could not even get the citizens loan approval of this card so I went to my new Apple Card and no problem. I read though with Apple Card (others?) that you have to have a account with carrier to get a phone for them to check, wont approve without. I like my 5G Plus account for wife and me so no problem to have.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
For those who have made it to the point of thinking about how they are going to charge their iPhone with the USB-C port, I want to offer you a low cost solution. If you already have a charger stand that uses a lightning cable, I believe that you can remove the cable and replace it with the Apple USB-C cable. Mine does that just fine. I got a 65w charger from Amazon in the Amazon Basics series. It was 15 dollars. Be here on Thursday. So I will be ready for charging as soon as I get the new iPhone.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Hold up… since 256 GB has been more than enough storage for me along with iCloud, I could trade my 14 pro max and get 650 from Apple and only pay 550 for the 15 pro max.. so I MIGHT squeak by and do this.
Somebody stop me and be the responsible adult before I pull the trigger. My Apple fanboy side is winning currently 😂🧐🙃
One of us! One of us!

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Are you purchasing outright or trying for the IUP? I don't think that you can do the IUP through the Veteran's discount... at least I've never been able to do so in the past.
On the regular site, I could pre-order just providing my credit card. No IUP required. Purchasing outright. It’s fine though

Reactions: beach bum

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Hello everyone! I’m SO excited to be back and participating in, what I feel is, the happiest thread on the internet. I’ve just finished finalizing the pre-order for the pre-order (?) for a 128GB 15 Pro in the beautiful Natural Titanium finish! I’m a little sad that they’re pushing carrier deals so heavily this year, I’ve been on MVNOs with unlocked phones years and I used the Apple Card financing to buy my unlocked iPhones in the past...

I unintentionally sold my 14 Pro today. Picked up a SE 3 and … let’s just say I’m struggling. The 15 Pro can’t come fast enough!

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
I hate how you can't add it to bag without signing in with an Apple ID - just to save that step when pre-orders open. I can never pre-pre-order an iPhone because, for some reason, Apple always cancels iPhone orders when my Apple ID is involved (I'm not blacklisted or anything, I already had that conversation with Apple lol). Something is just wrong and I still don't know what it is. Hopefully I can get lucky and snag a 22nd delivery date!

Reactions: CarolG

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Convinced my partner to upgrade his iPhone 12 Pro. He's joining the IUP with an iPhone 15 Pro 256 Gb in Titanium Blue! He previously was doing AT&T Installment Plan and has already paid off his iPhone. He was worried he wouldn't be able to use a Taiwanese eSIM when we go in November, but I reassured him that the Apple iPhones are all unlocked (not like AT&T). Also, last year we went to Taiwan and I had no issues getting an eSIM for my 14 Pro!

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Apple says iPhone 15 can shoot prores directly to external drive.

All I need now is FileVault on iPhone and I can get rid of my Mac.

Reactions: Brad7

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
why can’t I finance an unlocked iPhone? I don’t see option for connect to any carrier later unless I pay full price.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
So just to clarify at this moment, the only people who have been able to get ready for pre-order are people using Apple financing or Apple Card correct no carriers financing?

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
why can’t I finance an unlocked iPhone? I don’t see option for connect to any carrier later unless I pay full price.
Unfortunately, they took away ACMI financing for unlocked last month. I believe the carriers pushed for that option to be nixed.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I hope there’s no issues with the store coming back up on time. What comes back online first, the actual website or the iOS app? Last year I used the iOS Apple Store App and there was like a 7 min delay which got me pushed back over a week for delivery.

• Wow
Reactions: iHeartsteve

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
Re-watching the event now. So many of these features seem like a "S" upgrade - which clearly isn't a bad thing. The design is here. The tech is here. People want something miraculous like a heads up display in their hands, and we're just not there. Watching this a second time, I am even more impressed with the updates and super excited to get my new device.

Reactions: CarolG

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Unfortunately, they took away ACMI financing for unlocked last month. I believe the carriers pushed for that to be nixed.
If I select the option to Finance via Apple Card, and select any carrier except AT&T, would I be able to connect to any carrier? If I understood what it says below. From Apple website.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.png
    IMG_1421.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 63
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.