Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Seriously? I mean if that's the way it works then good, I just figured anyone who was invited to the showcasing like iJustine etc would be given one of their choosing. It's good, but also weird that Apple would make people like MKHD order one if they want one..

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Everyone’s worst nightmare here. 🤐

View attachment 2263447

I am still seeing some Pro Max's available for pick up on launch day or after here and there at my local stores. Will have to be flexible on storage and color.

For those with stores close by, store route may be better than ordering for delivery for getting one sooner.

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
I'm excited to hang out with you all! I don't know how to do the tracking once we get tracking info. (Don't even know when that normally happens.) But I'll be here watching. I'm glad I stuck it out with my original color choice of the blue titanium but I also think the natural looks great. I jus like dark colors more and black just seemed boring especially since I'll be keeping it in a case anyways... For those that have done this before when does apple usually ship launch day iPhones for UPS deliveries and do I have to sign for it?

nimitz9

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
I just ordered 15 pro natural titanium 256gb at 1153 central time. Delivery time-October 4-9th.

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
I'm excited to hang out with you all! I don't know how to do the tracking once we get tracking info. (Don't even know when that normally happens.) But I'll be here watching. I'm glad I stuck it out with my original color choice of the blue titanium but I also think the natural looks great. I jus like dark colors more and black just seemed boring especially since I'll be keeping it in a case anyways... For those that have done this before when does apple usually ship launch day iPhones for UPS deliveries and do I have to sign for it?

Get ready for a roller coaster of a ride :) Tracking planes is a hobby of mine. This'll be a hoot as always. We supposedly should start getting tracking numbers Sunday'ish...then the fun begins of figuring out which plane you're on etc.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Check out the first message from @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ with all kinds of info. It has lots of good tips for tracking and joining the fun

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Do you guys remember the iPhone 5s?

On the eve of iPhone 15 pre-orders.

You could NOT pre-order this iPhone. If you wanted in on launch day, you had to go to a retail store and wait in line.

So bizarre!

I remember waiting outside of the mall and spending the whole night. It was cold and scary. I was 2nd in line and ended up picking an iPhone 5s Gold 32GB.

View attachment 2263442
Courtesy: Robert Rosenfeld
Oh yeah, that was a real mess. Everyone is saying that this per-order was a crap shoot. They must not have been around for the 3GS-6 when it was a real struggle and hassle to start. No one of this "get ready" it was "lol, good luck in trying to get the main Apple page to load."

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Well it now show up under “For You”
IMG_0215.jpeg

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Oh yeah, that was a real mess. Everyone is saying that this per-order was a crap shoot. They must not have been around for the 3GS-6 when it was a real struggle and hassle to start. No one of this "get ready" it was "lol, good luck in trying to get the main Apple page to load."
It wasn't just that. It was ...

1) good luck getting to the apple store page
2) good luck adding the thing to your cart
3) good luck that AT&T's servers don't melt when they validate your account
4) good luck on the final order submission

Yeah those were the days....

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Coulda saw Natural Ti being the most popular. Its the color featured on every ad, etc. Same thing with Blue, purple the years before. Nothing will rival the white iphone 4 anticipation.

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Going back to this morning’s melee… Do we know if there were any consistencies in those that experienced delays? Ex: was everyone who couldn’t get anything to load also iUP peeps that had their orders pre-approved and ready to rock in advance or were there some going to the store for first time with no configs saved? Not that it matters now, just curious.
Trade-ins maybe? My saved pre-order wasn't going through so I went to go try to start a new order. Choosing the phone worked fine but it bugged out when I got to the trade-in selection.

Once I tried on Safari my saved pre-order worked fine.

Reactions: lazyrighteye

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
I am still seeing some Pro Max's available for pick up on launch day or after here and there at my local stores. Will have to be flexible on storage and color.

For those with stores close by, store route may be better than ordering for delivery for getting one sooner.
Yep, and if it’s a little further away checking for in store pick up in the morning is also always an option… they get restocks every couple of days…

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
For the record (if anyone is trying to find patterns), I did the iUP and trading in my iPhone 14 Pro. I pre-preordered. I had a session expired error when I was let in to the store at 5:03am, but I tried it again and it worked perfectly and got the email confirmation at 5:04am.

hhzhao

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2018
Northeast Ohio
I work in manufacturing and have a factory in China. It would be hard for Apple to have all of the phones here in the U.S. for launch day. It takes about 4-6 weeks for a ship to come from China to the U.S.
For Apple launching iPhone, the first few batches are always airfreight via UPS WMS or so call 4PL. The shipping labels are all generated at sorting warehouse in China(or India for this year), you should see in next few days, how your packages are going though the ports and custom clearance house, then overnight to Alaska before going through UPS distribution hubs. It normally takes about 4 to 5 days from original warehouse to here for delivery. This is not a normal industrial shipping container methods via ocean freight that will take 4 to 6 weeks.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
Got both mine coming the 22nd! Pro Max Natural 256GB for me and 15 Pro black 256 for my daughter. Those are through Apple, ordered at 5AM. I had to call ATT to order my wife's phone since their site is always broken and today wa no exception. That one is the same as my daughter's, 256GB Pro black, also coming the 22nd.

Reactions: Ericdjensen

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
Everyone who got promised a launch day delivery. Feel lucky and blessed. Even iJustine couldn’t secure one.

This just proves no one has the power against Apple and this thread is too powerful. We were able to help each other out and rely on this strong community together. As a team! As a family!

View attachment 2263383
Seeing this makes me feel a bit better about life. 🤣🤣🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.