Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
I am now thinking the reason why none of the iOS-iPad OS apps worked was because I was logged in them - Apple hates me! 🥲 Then my brain got the idea to try Safari unlogged (without even me really aware) and I slipped Apple right under the radar with one sneaky Guest order 😎.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
On my phone (eu) the iOS app had a blank screen even some 30 minutes after I managed to check out in iOS Safari. In which I forgot to login before I did so, which caused me some headache.🤦‍♂️ Never had such a trouble before.

I had a number of occasions where i selected every option, and once i selected the last option the app immediately flashed back to the "we're excited too!" splash page that was up before the store launched.

tommy3691

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
So I was stuck in a work meeting and couldn't pre-order until 8:33AM ET, have a delivery date of Oct 9-16th. It looks like Best Buy is still delivering on Sept 22nd, but I will have to cancel my Apple order to do it (Verizon Upgrade). Is it worth the risk?

sumarlidason

macrumors member
May 21, 2021
So excited to join this wonderful place again this year! White and Natural PM 512 ordered...couldn't decide. Wanted a lighter color this year. Have we figured out how to track the carbon neutral cargo ships yet?? (/s)

I was thinking that inventory would have had to have been moved to a warehouse in the destination country via ship, prior to preorders? I also thought that cargo ships were still top polluters. Maybe apple will buy their own cargo ship.. w/ solar sails.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Do you know if the clear case from Totallee without the white ring still works with magsafe or would I need to get the one with the magsafe magnet to be sure?
I have used several Totalee cases. None had a MagSafe ring on the back and every single device charged just fine. From what I understand, the ring merely ensures better alignment and a slightly tighter magnetic connection. But I have effectively charged my last several iPhones in Totallee's ultra-thin cases with no detectable issue of any kind.

Reactions: marchrose2011
The earliest you can get the iPhone 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium in the UK is 7 November. Ouch! 🫨

1694795830063.png

notabot10

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2016
Last year, I had to chase down the UPS driver because it was after 7PM and he still hadn't delivered my device. I tracked him a few blocks away, drove to find him, waited patiently by his truck, and kindly requested for my package showing him my ID. He was not returning to the distribution center saying "Unable to Deliver". He got a good chuckle out of it. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Hopefully this year won't be a repeat.
I did this same thing 2 years ago lol

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
West coast. Used the link in the email to “view your iPhone” which opened the Apple Store app and allowed me to order, I had everything saved from the pre-preorder thing. Received one order confirmation email at 5:02 and the next at 5:03.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Let's cover all of the soon-after-ordering FAQs in one post...
My order hasn't been processed yet, should I be worried?
My card hasn't been charged yet, should I be worried?
I don't have a tracking number yet, should I be worried?
Can I use my order number to get my tracking number yet? If not, should I be worried?
The order hasn't populated on my Apple ID yet, should I be worried?
I am not worried yet, should I be worried?

• Haha
Reactions: Blueline29

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Another question for the team. Apparently, the CC I switched to was not my AC but another CC. Anyone ever successfully switched their payment card after a pre-order has been placed? I want my daily cash, yo!

Real-time update: in conversation with Apple just now, I learned that I would have to cancel my current pre-order if I wanted to move from my wrong CC to my AC. Poop. On hold awaiting a sales rep. Going to check in-store availability and reorder on my correct AC and cancel my current pre-order form this morning. Good grief this morning has bene annoyingly complex. 🤪

Real-time update #2: Sales rep said there were no 9/22 insure pickups showing in my area. With details of may card fiasco, she said a customer service agent could likely swap cards. I informed her that I had been told it wasn't possible and I had been forwarded to her to inquire about in-store availability. She again Sid she cold transfer me back - glad I agreed. The second customer service agent gave me the exact opposite info as agent #1. She said it would be no problem, though she couldn't actually initiate. So she made some notes in my account and said I should expect a call from their payments department adnn they will be able to move my pre-order from a personal CC to my AC. Thus continuing the wild ride that has been this morning.

Last edited:

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
I was thinking that inventory would have had to have been moved to a warehouse in the destination country via ship, prior to preorders? I also thought that cargo ships were still top polluters. Maybe apple will buy their own cargo ship.. w/ solar sails.
That's my guess too that if they are transporting by ship, the phones may already be on their way, or close to being on their way, to the destination countries. But as far as the top polluters thing, the idea as far as i understand is that on a ship they can send FAR more units on a single ship than they can on a plane, so shipping is the less polluting method.

Another question for the team. Apparently, the CC I switched to was not my AC but another CC. Anyone ever successfully switched their payment card after a pre-order has been placed? I want my daily cash, yo!
You might be able to do that but you would have to call Apple. You have to do it ASAP while it’s in the early stage too. Give it a shot and see if it goes through. They might be slammed but you might get lucky. Also, double check it’s not going to change the delivery date or anything.

Apple Customer Service Number:

1-800-676-2775

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I work in manufacturing and have a factory in China. It would be hard for Apple to have all of the phones here in the U.S. for launch day. It takes about 4-6 weeks for a ship to come from China to the U.S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.