Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
Not sure how I landed in hipster. Should be an interesting year. 😂

Oh dang. F'realz? Did you order? If so, what's your ship date?
On a bright note: you missed a pretty wild cortisol spike this morning. So prob best you slept in. 😜
What happened?! Everything went as smoothly as it does every year, right? 😂

Your username are my eyes rn

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I'm hoping to go sans case this year. Second line of thinking: clear case. But yeah... That white ring on Aple's is not my fav. Will prob go elsewhere. In years past, I've been fan of the cases Totallee offers.
Since I use the MagSafe alot I go with apple case the ring does not bother me much and I like to see my phone through the case. Have used these for several phones now.

iPhone 16 Pro colors: Explained. White Titanium iPhone only!

- Pearl White
- Still White But Little Grayish
- Natural White With a Little Splash of Light Black
- Dentist Teeth White With a Tiny Bit of Gold Depending On the Lighting

1694795119691.png

Courtesy: Sami Fathi

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
Dumb question- I ended up having to make my order for in-store pickup on release day because of the problems this morning and I’ve never done one before. When I bring my old iPhone for the in-person trade in how does that work in terms of setting up the new phone? Will they let me keep my old phone on long enough to get through activation and 2FA?

Yes -- when I did my in-store trade in, they helped activate the new phone and wipe the old phone clean while you're there. And once it is confirmed everything is good, you're on your way!

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
I am on the west coast and was able to get my order through within the fist minute. Got my email at 5:01AM. I used the app and in the parking lot at work with full 5G UW

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
I think this really depends where you live/what store it is. Since I am in San Diego the Apple Stores here on launch day start a line pretty early

Edit: launch day a lot (if not all) stores open earlier and close later so I don't know if the common person knows that, but anyone serious about getting a day 1 phone it is probably best to get there early
Or preorder from that store now.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
128 15Pro blue over here with the rest of the uncool kids. I can’t wait either. My 14P has not been my favorite. My battery life has sucked. My max capacity is at 89%
Wow - that is crazy. I do not analyze which hours of the day or which house the moon is in before I put my phone on a charger. I don't religiously keep it between 40.0734586% and 80.24586857%. I just charge it when I need to. Sometimes in the car on a less than perfect charger. Sometimes all the way to the tippy top 100.01%. Sometimes it actually depletes all the way :oops:. The sheer horror of that. And my iphone 13pro received on launch day 2 years ago has 90% max capacity today. So that sounds like an issue - a 1 year newer phone. I hope this is better for you..and for us all..although I am stuck in the uncool blue club with you..so maybe that impacts things a bit!!

• Love
Reactions: Wolfs

christf10

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Rockland County, NY
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
I am on the East coast and got my order confirmation email at 8:07. I don't think I got into the app until about 8:05-8:06. I was checking twitter and saw people posting order confirmations within the first minute. They all happened to be in the APAC region.

igneousc

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
did a VPN of multiple west coast locations and it didnt do anything. Finally it just worked on the east coast at 8:15 or whatever

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Been busy today so haven't had time to keep up - can't believe how many issues I'm reading about. I guess I got really lucky, got into the Apple Store app at :02 after and got my order in immediately. I thought we were past the days of preordering glitch craziness but I guess not. Sorry to everyone who had problems, that sucks.

Reactions: Brad7 and killawat

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
Yes -- when I did my in-store trade in, they helped activate the new phone and wipe the old phone clean while you're there. And once it is confirmed everything is good, you're on your way!
Yeah, that was my experience also last year. They had an area of tables in the store for people to go to for transferring to the new phone.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Exactly what I was doing. My 14PM worked this time and I got in about 0502 PDT (Los Angeles Area). Used the e-mail Pre-Order is Ready link and the Apple Store App from the phone.

I had the Apple Store App open on my iPad Pro and it didn’t open into the store until about 0520, but I was thankfully done w/ my PO.
Interesting @julit0 I kept refreshing ipad and iphone, phone never opened til long after i got my order (via website on macbook eventually). The ipad opened around 5 to 10 past hour. I got the check out successful and then clicked place order and the app on ipad failed and never got back in. I never thought about the email preorder is ready to jump in to the app again. Oh well alls well that ends well this year. New tricks for the 16 Ultra (ProMax) next year LOL

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
So excited to join this wonderful place again this year! White and Natural PM 512 ordered...couldn't decide. Wanted a lighter color this year. Have we figured out how to track the carbon neutral cargo ships yet?? (/s)

I caught that on the keynote. Are they really coming by ship this year? Maybe for those designated for the carriers and retail stores, but for direct home deliveries? That will take out the fun.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
No case for me. 80% of my reasoning for upgrading is that gorgeous blue which is my favorite color. I'll have AppleCare+ so I guess I'll be living on the edge. :D
Hi Leah! How was your ordering process? I know you were trying to get on the upgrade program.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.