Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
NatTi is definitely the Hipster color this year!
Not sure how I landed in hipster. Should be an interesting year. šŸ˜‚

Dude I fell asleep again!! Just woke up
Oh dang. F'realz? Did you order? If so, what's your ship date?
On a bright note: you missed a pretty wild cortisol spike this morning. So prob best you slept in. šŸ˜œ

jheintz

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Ordering was pretty painless this year. Placed around 5:05am PST.

1a1b3fde48f49f95f636e827a2a90f9b.jpg

rnj79

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
West Baton Rouge Parish, La
What case is everyone getting? I would really love to go caseless this year, but the stupid camera bump always annoys the **** out of me. Thinking I might order a clear one from Apple, but I also really dislike the magsafe ring on the clear cases.
I ordered the clear case from Apple. I don't like the white ring on the back either, but their case is THE only one I've had that doesn't turn yellow.

Eradik

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
It typically changes to processing around Monday-Tuesday next week. The initial credit card authorization usually falls off by then, totally normal. We should get a notification on Thursday that it will be ready for pickup in store on Friday. This pattern has been very consistent the past several years.
Whatā€™s weird is I donā€™t even have an authorization on my card.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
It is not nice - trust me. The only fun we have around here is apple stuff with no hurting sales tax. Aside of that, even my tshirt is flat $20 versus 15+1.75 tax in other places. And i am not speaking about other things like police cars and their condition, no public places and no free events.

Yeah, different states handle it differently. Washington State has no income tax but a healthy sales tax. Meanwhile Oregon has income taxes and no sales tax. Oregon makes up the difference by levying a heavy capitol gains tax.

Reactions: ctjack

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
Yes Iā€™m on the east coast US. I got in through my email link to my saved pre order. I did everything on my 12 Pro Max on home Wi-Fi.

What Iā€™d had to do several times in a row until I got in to actually complete the order was click on the email link to ā€œView your iPhoneā€. That would cause the app to open and sometimes I got the notices either ā€œWe Canā€™t Wait eitherā€ page or eventually, the one indicating theyā€™re about to open.

Iā€™d swipe the app shut then click on the email link again. App Store would open to whatever status page. Iā€™d swipe the app closed again. Click on the link until it finally took me to my preorder and I completed it with one click after making sure it was set to ship to me.

I donā€™t know how many times I repeated these steps but it was a super fast series of steps to repeat. I didnā€™t remember having to authenticate into the app with Face ID.

I never manually opened the app itself. I just kept clicking on the link in my email to take me directly to my preorder.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
What case is everyone getting? I would really love to go caseless this year, but the stupid camera bump always annoys the **** out of me. Thinking I might order a clear one from Apple, but I also really dislike the magsafe ring on the clear cases.
I'm hoping to go sans case this year. Second line of thinking: clear case. But yeah... That white ring on Aple's is not my fav. Will prob go elsewhere. In years past, I've been fan of the cases Totallee offers.

Reactions: marchrose2011

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked, but store pickups, we can trade the phone in-store?

I ask because it made me put my address details in for a trade kit
I was able to last year and this year when I put my order through this morning it asked if I wanted a return kit or to trade-in at the store and I chose the in store trade in option.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Iā€™m still catching up with the thread so there might be other replies but thatā€™s the model Iā€™m getting! I got the Blue, which I think is the least popular color. Lol. Oh well, more for me! I canā€™t wait for it.
128 15Pro blue over here with the rest of the uncool kids. I canā€™t wait either. My 14P has not been my favorite. My battery life has sucked. My max capacity is at 89%

Reactions: Chele and dudeski

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
No case for me. 80% of my reasoning for upgrading is that gorgeous blue which is my favorite color. I'll have AppleCare+ so I guess I'll be living on the edge. :D

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
I'm hoping to go sans case this year. Second line of thinking: clear case. But yeah... That white ring on Aple's is not my fav. Will prob go elsewhere. In years past, I've been fan of the cases Totallee offers.
Do you know if the clear case from Totallee without the white ring still works with magsafe or would I need to get the one with the magsafe magnet to be sure?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Yes Iā€™m on the east coast US. I got in through my email link to my saved pre order. I did everything on my 12 Pro Max on home Wi-Fi.

What Iā€™d had to do several times in a row until I got in to actually complete the order was click on the email link to ā€œView your iPhoneā€. That would cause the app to open and sometimes I got the notices either ā€œWe Canā€™t Wait eitherā€ page or eventually, the one indicating theyā€™re about to open.

Iā€™d swipe the app shut then click on the email link again. App Store would open to whatever status page. Iā€™d swipe the app closed again. Click on the link until it finally took me to my preorder and I completed it with one click after making sure it was set to ship to me.

I donā€™t know how many times I repeated these steps but it was a super fast series of steps to repeat. I didnā€™t remember having to authenticate into the app with Face ID.

I never manually opened the app itself. I just kept clicking on the link in my email to take me directly to my preorder.
Exactly what I was doing. My 14PM worked this time and I got in about 0502 PDT (Los Angeles Area). Used the e-mail Pre-Order is Ready link and the Apple Store App from the phone.

I had the Apple Store App open on my iPad Pro and it didnā€™t open into the store until about 0520, but I was thankfully done w/ my PO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.