Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Sorry if this has been asked, but store pickups, we can trade the phone in-store?

I ask because it made me put my address details in for a trade kit

ColoArtist

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Denver, CO
Ooops. I was up early enough but spaced out completing my preorder until 2 hours later. Geez. Gettin' old I guess.

Ordered a 15 Pro natural titanium 256GB. I could have gotten an in store pickup on 9/22 but I didn't want to turn in my old phone at the same time. I like to do the upgrade at home and be able to have the old phone around in case there are problems.

Anyway, opted for 10/4-9 delivery.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
I didn't pre-order. I checked right now for the 256 gb iphone 15 pro max, and delivery date is not until the middle of october or november.

i'll see if i can get one when the apple store open nearby.

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Have been using my choice here with no issues for the past year or two and for years doing a hold at my local distro in town. Hate that you now have to have a premium account for for the 20 bucks a year to get holds and make usps shipments into ups at times saving a day... It's worth it for me.
You can hold using the free account too. You just have to set an alternate delivery address for your entire address at least a day before delivery. Once your package is at your alternate pickup location, you can remove the location. This will impact all UPS deliveries to your address though. So I just turn it in a day before delivery and turn it off immediately after I pick it up.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry if this has been asked, but store pickups, we can trade the phone in-store?

I ask because it made me put my address details in for a trade kit
Two years ago, I did in store pickup, and I traded in my old phone in the store: they closed the old loan right there. I liked that better than waiting to see if something went wrong with shipping the trade-in (e.g., they say, “this is unacceptable” and return it to me, it gets lost, etc)

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
Wanted Natural Titanium 15PM, but delivery times were all the way to mid-November with nothing available for pick up either. 😳

So I have a Blue Titanium 512GB 15PM ordered for pick up on 9/23.

Not dealing with delivery after last years fiasco with trying to get a 14PM.

Replacing my 12PM.

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Two years ago, I did in store pickup, and I traded in my old phone in the store: they closed the old loan right there. I liked that better than waiting to see if something went wrong with shipping the trade-in (e.g., they say, “this is unacceptable” and return it to me, it gets lost, etc)

That is exactly why I also do an in store trade in. That way they can inspect the phone and see if it does not qualify or they will give less value than what they initially said. I also like the fact that they give me the credit right away (either to my account, trade-in or a gift card).

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
First time ordering on Apple. For store pickup, how soon does it switch to processing? Just curious as mine still hasn’t. 8am 9/22 pickup
It typically changes to processing around Monday-Tuesday next week. The initial credit card authorization usually falls off by then, totally normal. We should get a notification on Thursday that it will be ready for pickup in store on Friday. This pattern has been very consistent the past several years.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I changed my mind so many times, I am now known as Indecisive IceCool here. Maybe I should change my name to "IndecICEive" 🤣

Day two of alternating between colors was yesterday and I finally settle for Natural last minute.
I was waffling between the same two choices as you. I finally made up my mind for sure about 45 minutes before ordering and chose Blue. I’m sure we will both be happy with our color choices.

I hope you and I and everyone else here gets phones in excellent working order, no “-gates” or anything unpleasant like that.

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I don't know how everyone seemed to get their order in for a 22nd delivery... was refreshing my iPad, iPhone, and the website which were also all on different networks. It was the Windows laptop that loaded loooooong before any of the ipad devices and when it loaded it was FAST. However that was 8:15am, and by that time checkout for the PM Natural was already pushed to Oct 5-11, although maybe it'll ship sooner. If it doesn't oh well. Should have choosen in-store pickup as that was available for the 22nd.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2012
i didnt get to preorder as soon as it was first available.

what are the chances of me landing iphone 15 pro max 256 gb on launch day at the local apple store?

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I don't know how everyone seemed to get their order in for a 22nd delivery... was refreshing my iPad, iPhone, and the website which were also all on different networks. It was the Windows laptop that loaded loooooong before any of the ipad devices and when it loaded it was FAST. However that was 8:15am, and by that time checkout for the PM Natural was already pushed to Oct 5-11, although maybe it'll ship sooner. If it doesn't oh well. Should have choosen in-store pickup as that was available for the 22nd.

I just kept for closing and reopening. It came up about 8:03, Ohio

IAMGROOT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2014
Brooklyn
Placed the order at 8:27AM EST time but unfortunately won’t be getting it on 9/22. Any chance the delivery date might change to 9/22?

Attachments

• IMG_2776.jpeg
    IMG_2776.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 59

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
i didnt get to preorder as soon as it was first available.

what are the chances of me landing iphone 15 pro max 256 gb on launch day at the local apple store?
Totally depends on the store nearest to you but its currently 12:04 PM in central Ohio and our local store still has all of the blue Max available for store pickup on launch day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.