Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Everyone who got promised a launch day delivery. Feel lucky and blessed. Even iJustine couldn’t secure one.

This just proves no one has the power against Apple and this thread is too powerful. We were able to help each other out and rely on this strong community together. As a team! As a family!

1694794599968.jpeg

Last edited:

jheintz

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early

I’m in AZ and just had to force close the Apple Store app and open it back up multiple times. Placed order within 5 minutes of pre-orders going live. But I usually will have my MacBook and iPad on the website as a backup.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
For store pickup does anyone know if your bank declines the charge, do you get a chance to fix it before you lose your place in line?
If there is an issue your order is on hold and get notified to fix the issue and you shouldn’t loss your place in line.

Reactions: Eradik

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
I don't know how everyone seemed to get their order in for a 22nd delivery... was refreshing my iPad, iPhone, and the website which were also all on different networks. It was the Windows laptop that loaded loooooong before any of the ipad devices and when it loaded it was FAST. However that was 8:15am, and by that time checkout for the PM Natural was already pushed to Oct 5-11, although maybe it'll ship sooner. If it doesn't oh well. Should have choosen in-store pickup as that was available for the 22nd.
On my phone (eu) the iOS app had a blank screen even some 30 minutes after I managed to check out in iOS Safari. In which I forgot to login before I did so, which caused me some headache.🤦‍♂️ Never had such a trouble before.

Reactions: 5105973 and julit0

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
I want to do a hold at my UPS CC but after COVID, they changed their hours to 10AM from 8AM... I was hoping to go to work after doing the pickup, but that's a little to late to sneak back to the office!

Mine doesn’t open until 12pm. The use to open at 8 am.

• Wow
Reactions: alexcue

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Everyone who got promised a launch day delivery. Feel lucky and blessed. Even iJustine couldn’t secure one.

This just proves no one has the power against Apple and this thread is too powerful. We were able to help each other out.

View attachment 2263383
Damn iJustine~ she will stand in line at the apple store as she will.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
How do you use all of that storage space? Curiously looking into your use case if you don't mind me asking :)
Personally, I could get away with only 64 GB of storage. Other people like to transfer large music libraries and video libraries. Others like to download a lot of episodes from streaming apps. Other people use the pro-raw format or take a ton of videos.

cthompson94

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2022
SoCal

This just proves no one has the power against Apple and this thread is too powerful. We were able to help each other out and rely on this strong community.

View attachment 2263383
She will at least have a review unit to play around with, I am sure Tim will let her hold onto the review unit a little longer :apple:

holcw

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2023
Atlanta
Dumb question- I ended up having to make my order for in-store pickup on release day because of the problems this morning and I’ve never done one before. When I bring my old iPhone for the in-person trade in how does that work in terms of setting up the new phone? Will they let me keep my old phone on long enough to get through activation and 2FA?

Reactions: hungryteresa
She will at least have a review unit to play around with, I am sure Tim will let her hold onto the review unit a little longer :apple:
True! That’s what I was thinking but it’s not going to be her personal iPhone. She’s going to have to send it back. I’m surprised she didn’t order the Pink iPhone 15.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Dumb question- I ended up having to make my order for in-store pickup on release day because of the problems this morning and I’ve never done one before. When I bring my old iPhone for the in-person trade in how does that work in terms of setting up the new phone? Will they let me keep my old phone on long enough to get through activation and 2FA?
When you pick in up in store let them know you need personal set up. They will bring you to the table for all that and help transfer stuff

Reactions: Kat1661 and Brad7

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Going back to this morning’s melee… Do we know if there were any consistencies in those that experienced delays? Ex: was everyone who couldn’t get anything to load also iUP peeps that had their orders pre-approved and ready to rock in advance or were there some going to the store for first time with no configs saved? Not that it matters now, just curious.
I'd be interested to see everyone's results with this. I joined the upgrade program for the first time this year, had my pre pre order ready, and was approved for the upgrade program on Wednesday. Was having trouble galore with the app, and also the website. Saw everyone else posting that they got their orders in, and was getting very panicked because I wanted an iPhone on day 1. For reference, my 14 pro max last year slipped all the way into November, was very frustrated so since I wasn't able to get the website to load until about 20 minutes past 5 AM PST, I was starting to get very anxious. Website finally loaded and continued with my pre pre order. To my surprise, even though the website had been "up" for 20 minutes, I was able to get a white 512 Pro Max with a Sep 22nd ship date. FWIW I'm in So. Utah.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early

I am on the east coast, but I don't think a VPN would have changed. Apple 100% dropped the ball on this year's Pre-order fiasco.

my Order confirmation email came in at 8:03. Store came back online on my iPhone and auto populated my saved configuration.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Yay! That's amazing. Makes me happy. Last year your new job had you picking your new iPhone at an store. This year is different. So happy to see this :)

Last year, I had to chase down the UPS driver because it was after 7PM and he still hadn't delivered my device. I tracked him a few blocks away, drove to find him, waited patiently by his truck, and kindly requested for my package showing him my ID. He was not returning to the distribution center saying "Unable to Deliver". He got a good chuckle out of it. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Hopefully this year won't be a repeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.