Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

darkmatter343

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Everyone who got promised a launch day delivery. Feel lucky and blessed. Even iJustine couldn’t secure one.

This just proves no one has the power against Apple and this thread is too powerful. We were able to help each other out and rely on this strong community together. As a team! As a family!

View attachment 2263383

I wonder if MKBHD even scored a launch day?

iJustine has her order in October. I'm sure both are getting their's day 1.

I'm 100% sure all the big YT's will be getting whatever colour and storage size they want on day one. No way is iJustine having to wait until Oct, even if they post differently.

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
I work in manufacturing and have a factory in China. It would be hard for Apple to have all of the phones here in the U.S. for launch day. It takes about 4-6 weeks for a ship to come from China to the U.S.
The other possibility is that they are doing both. Regular inventory shipping by sea, but preorders, initial stocks by air.

Reactions: CarolG

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO

David Knowles

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2020
My watch is at preparing to ship and the phone is at order in progress.

I ordered the watch on Tuesday and the phone today

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
The other possibility is that they are doing both. Regular inventory shipping by sea, but preorders, initial stocks by air.
It's totally possible that they are doing this. Just not the initial shipments. It takes days to load and unload ships at port. Also, ships stop at many ports along the way. There is no direct shipping from any port to one location.

Reactions: pilotpat

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Accessories ordered with the iPhone show as shipped. UPS My Choice doesn’t show anything so far. Order placed :02.

Do you guys remember the iPhone 5s?

On the eve of iPhone 15 pre-orders.

You could NOT pre-order this iPhone. If you wanted in on launch day, you had to go to a retail store and wait in line.

So bizarre!

I remember waiting outside of the mall and spending the whole night. It was cold and scary. I was 2nd in line and ended up picking an iPhone 5s Gold 32GB.

1694796649170.png

Courtesy: Robert Rosenfeld

CPmav

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Lexington, KY
Anyone know how strict Apple is with pickup times on launch day? Would me getting there 15 minutes early be too much of an issue?

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
Do you guys remember the iPhone 5s?

On the eve of iPhone 15 pre-orders.

You could NOT pre-order this iPhone. If you wanted in on launch day, you had to go to a retail store and wait in line.

So bizarre.

View attachment 2263442
Courtesy: Robert Rosenfeld
I was a Genius at the Apple Store during the launches of:

3G
3GS
4S
5S

Fun times

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
I wonder if the white is just super popular or if they didn’t produce enough. I guess it’s probably the most “feminine” offering this year so that might account for the high demand. i’ve never gotten a white iphone personally out of the 7 i’ve had, but the natural I got this year is close enough :)

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I'm 100% sure all the big YT's will be getting whatever colour and storage size they want on day one. No way is iJustine having to wait until Oct, even if they post differently.

They will get review units that are required to be sent back.

If they want to order a new iPhone for their personal ownership, then they get in line with the rest of us. And that is how it should be.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
On the eve of iPhone 15 pre-orders, I can't help but think about the iPhone 5S.

You couldn't pre-order any of the early iPhones. I stood in several very long lines. But it was a happy crowd. I had a gold 5S. Really liked that phone.

Now waiting none-too-patiently for these. I also ordered one of the FineWoven cases. It's being delivered today.
(Also sorry for posting watch pic in iPhone thread.)
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.56.48 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.57.47 AM.png

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
Anyone know how strict Apple is with pickup times on launch day? Would me getting there 15 minutes early be too much of an issue?
stores in general don’t open early as a matter of policy but def not apple on launch day of the iphone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.