Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

mobutt

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Apple recently changed it to 7 day hold. It used to be 14 days.
That works, I have a 7:30 pm appointment but I won’t make it until the next morning lol, I set the appointments for the other 2 phones at 11 am so I can just pick mine up with those. Getting my parents new phones this time around too.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
The new 3nm process pro max had created quite a buzz. It got more mainstream media buzz than normal. Look how quickly the shipping dates ended up in October. I am willing to bet many people chose this year to upgrade with the milestone technology leap of the new Pro Max. The volume could be significantly higher this year.
true, the pro non max is also running 3nm as well.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Do you guys remember the iPhone 5s?

On the eve of iPhone 15 pre-orders.

You could NOT pre-order this iPhone. If you wanted in on launch day, you had to go to a retail store and wait in line.

So bizarre!

I remember waiting outside of the mall and spending the whole night. It was cold and scary. I was 2nd in line and ended up picking an iPhone 5s Gold 32GB.
I skipped the 5S (I personally hate the 5/5S/SE1 design).

But my past experiences with Apple Store iPhone launches near me was that S launches typically drew way less of a crowd than non-S launches.

Little to no line for 3GS, 4S, or 6S launches by me.

My favorite launch was the 4. Huge line of people wrapping around the outside of the mall pulling an all nighter with friends, family, and strangers. Someone even went around and gave out free cases for the 4.

My least favorite was the 6S - I had traded in my 6+ for a 6S+ and felt like I had just paid $500 for the same phone.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB Blue Titanium. 9/22 delivery. Ordered through the iOS app at 8:07 a.m. EDT. Charged card at 9:15 a.m. EDT. No sales tax in New Hampshire !
IMG_5760.jpg

IMG_5759.jpg

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
I work in manufacturing and have a factory in China. It would be hard for Apple to have all of the phones here in the U.S. for launch day. It takes about 4-6 weeks for a ship to come from China to the U.S.
Maybe, but the 1st few batches are on a plane and are most likely going to leave today, and they will be in Alaska by Sunday. From there, they will be sent to the major UPS hub and get there by Wed, make their final stop at your local UPS hub, and stay there until Friday.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
I'm excited to hang out with you all! I don't know how to do the tracking once we get tracking info. (Don't even know when that normally happens.) But I'll be here watching. I'm glad I stuck it out with my original color choice of the blue titanium but I also think the natural looks great. I jus like dark colors more and black just seemed boring especially since I'll be keeping it in a case anyways... For those that have done this before when does apple usually ship launch day iPhones for UPS deliveries and do I have to sign for it?
Yes you have to sign for it.

Reactions: Daino92

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Seriously? I mean if that's the way it works then good, I just figured anyone who was invited to the showcasing like iJustine etc would be given one of their choosing. It's good, but also weird that Apple would make people like MKHD order one if they want one..
I wouldn't be surprised if she declined it. How is she supposed to convince viewers that she's being honest about reviews if it's perceived that she's in so tight with Tim he just texts here 'hey girl what color you want?' 😂

More likely she has 10 or so friends at local Apple stores that could just hold her one if she wants. She's probably super busy everyday and traveling and won't notice that her phone is taking 3 weeks to ship. Meanwhile I'm just an ordinary rube refreshing the App Store and UPS every 17 seconds wondering where is my iPhone Tim!!?!?!

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Do you guys remember the iPhone 5s?

On the eve of iPhone 15 pre-orders.

You could NOT pre-order this iPhone. If you wanted in on launch day, you had to go to a retail store and wait in line.

So bizarre!

I remember waiting outside of the mall and spending the whole night. It was cold and scary. I was 2nd in line and ended up picking an iPhone 5s Gold 32GB.

View attachment 2263442
Courtesy: Robert Rosenfeld
I remember this. I camped out overnight to try to get the gold color and my store didn't have any.

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
For Apple launching iPhone, the first few batches are always airfreight via UPS WMS or so call 4PL. The shipping labels are all generated at sorting warehouse in China(or India for this year), you should see in next few days, how your packages are going though the ports and custom clearance house, then overnight to Alaska before going through UPS distribution hubs. It normally takes about 4 to 5 days from original warehouse to here for delivery. This is not a normal industrial shipping container methods via ocean freight that will take 4 to 6 weeks.
I know how Apple ships during launch days and how the network works. If they only used ships, that is how long it would take to arrive. They mentioned ocean freight in the announcement on Tuesday. If this is the way they are looking to go in the future, then it would be harder to get shipments. Yes, ships carry a lot more then planes, but the downside is that they take 2-3 times longer to get anywhere. Also, the cost would be higher because of the volume they are shipping, but in the long run, it would save them a lot of money.

Reactions: Snot Rox
I remember this. I camped out overnight to try to get the gold color and my store didn't have any.
The Apple Store where I waited only received 1 32GB iPhone 5S in Gold. I felt so lucky to get that only model they received.

They told me they didn’t receive that many and they only have one available. They did receive bunch of 16GB models.

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Maybe, but the 1st few batches are on a plane and are most likely going to leave today, and they will be in Alaska by Sunday. From there, they will be sent to the major UPS hub and get there by Wed, make their final stop at your local UPS hub, and stay there until Friday.
If they were to get to get millions of phones out for launch day using ships, it would be impossible. Once they get to a port they would then need to be trucked and flown to places not accessible immediately.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Does your Apple Store App/Website still recommend for you that "It's time to pre-order your iPhone" even though you already did and have an order visible on the screen? Not sure if I should tap on it and try to dismiss it or just leave it alone 😂

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
So, I have a delivery date of launch date, next Friday. I wonder if my iPhone will exit China in the first batch this time. I have never been in the first batch. I got confirmation email 2 minutes after preorder start time. Last year, I was 4 minutes past preorder start time, so that's an inprovement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.