Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Just received my new cables, screen protectors, and magnetic battery.

View attachment 2264133
OOOH! I ordered ESR non-armorite screen protectors with some USB C cables from Anker as well. Amazon "lost" the package so they placed a new order that hopefully will arrive tomorrow. I really love Anker products. They work so well and are super durable.

Delivered. Sadly I’m 5 hours from an Apple Store.
Perfect! Please keep us posted and let us know when you receive your tracking number. Your iPhone might be coming from India and not China. I wonder if it will also say, “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in India.” 🙃

1694831207272.jpeg

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
I remember this! I also remember ordering the first iPhone for the original MSRP through ATT, which I think was 799 or 899? And then within a short period of time they lowered the price significantly and refunded everyone who had paid the higher price. Although I never got my refund I also never had the same antennaegate issue that other people had with the 4 so I never got my bumper either! Haha
A small bit of trivia is that Steve, in response to user emails complaing about the antenna acting funny when you cupped the phone in your hand, actually wrote “just avoid holding it that way” which became the meme ”you’re holding it wrong.” But it’s kind of cool to think that Steve would actually read and reply to actual emails from random people.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Perfect! Please keep us posted and let us know when you receive your tracking number. Your iPhone might be coming from India and not China. I wonder if it will also say, “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in India.” 🙃

View attachment 2264137
That would be interesting! I’ll keep you posted. Can’t wait to be on a plane!

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
What kind of cables do we need? I was thinking it would come with whatever we need for charging ?
They switched to a USB C port. I think the phone comes with a single cable, but you probably will need other cables? Also, a charging block too if you don't have a USB-C block already. Apple is selling a USB-C to lightning adapter.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Exactly, and the fact that even you were a bit nervous is telling. When a tiny fraction of the total sales amount does everything right and is still shut out, that’s when I side eye. Ticketmaster had never seen demand like TSwift. I kind of get it. Apple does this every year. Also, computing/tech is their business! The fact that the site couldn’t keep up with demand/pre approvals and payments erroring out is unsat. They do it every year.
I’m certain after an hour of MR people frantically hammering the servers with every device they own, doing their best to create denial of service conditions, we all saw vast improvements. What do I know? I was heavily into weird, weird dreams by that point. I did my part, only used one device.

They switched to a USB C port. I think the phone comes with a single cable, but you probably will need other cables? Also, a charging block too if you don't have a USB-C block already. Apple is selling a USB-C to lightning adapter.
I need to order this too. I want to use my classic 5W Apple Adapter charger to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max’s.

1694831905222.jpeg

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Here's what you can do after your iPhone leaves China. Contact UPS, or go online, and have them hold your iPhone at your local UPS Customer Center, the one connected with the UPS area where your iPhone normally goes before it goes out for delivery. Then, on delivery day, show up when the Customer Center opens and pick up your iPhone. My lawyer advices me to tell you that you may have issues with it, so don't sue me. Also, don't have it sent to a UPS store! You may not get your iPhone on launch day, but the day after.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
No. Apple should not be expected to prebuild 100% of product; everyone with sense expects initial supply not to be unlimited. Hence the 5 AM clustermess.
That’s not what I said-I do expect the iUP customers who get pre approval, and the people who log on to the website at exactly 5AM PDT to be able to complete their orders without the site crashing, multiple browsers open, multiple orders accidentally generated/no order being completed, and then wait times of over a month. They can do better, and have done better, many times in the past. Most (sane?) people in this world aren’t setting alarms, obsessively refreshing, etc.

Plus, the iUP/get ready for pre order crowd (at least that we know of in this forum) is for those who are repeat customers, who want the latest and greatest tech every year-the core customer who is buying what they are selling. Heck, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ probably can tell you more about Apple and their products than most employees. There are quite a few regulars in here with orders that are delayed weeks, to more than a month. This is not typical, at all.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I agree. I have a USB-C to lightning from my 12 PM for fast charging, so that'll be convenient to charge my AirPod Pro 2's at least. I'm also going to make sure I have several USB-C to USB-A cables so I can still charge on airplanes (it's a slow charge but for a long flight it's perfect). And then I'll probably pick up a few more straight USB-C cables for charging everywhere else. Between iPads and the new iPhone, I always need one!

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
This thread is the fastest moving thread whenever it’s new iPhone season.

I secured a Blue and Natural Ti for pick up 22 Sep at 8am when the Apple Store opens in Sydney! Will create a first impressions and photos thread when I get them.

I got the Blue Ti and Natural Ti for the partner but I’m having serious doubts about my own Blue Ti. Maybe I should’ve gone for the flagship colour instead like I did the last couple of years.
yeah, i had a blue setup for preorder but i kept getting errors and ended up having to just order from scratch after giving up around 5:30 and on the new order as a whim i just chose natural. slated for the 10/4-10/9 window unfortunately. 15 pm 1tb natural.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Yeah, you know, like kids and the Santa trackers.
:)
Lol, completely off topic-we answered the phones one year. It was really fun!

I agree. I have a USB-C to lightning from my 12 PM for fast charging, so that'll be convenient to charge my AirPod Pro 2's at least. I'm also going to make sure I have several USB-C to USB-A cables so I can still charge on airplanes (it's a slow charge but for a long flight it's perfect). And then I'll probably pick up a few more straight USB-C cables for charging everywhere else. Between iPads and the new iPhone, I always need one!
I just bought a bunch of USB-C to USB-A cables for the cars

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
I have in-store pickup but my status still is on "Order Placed" with the message "We’ve received your payment information and are preparing your order.".

Also for some reason my case has a different pick-up day (20th) than the phone (22nd). I assume I can just get them on the same day? The Apple store is 40 mins away -- I'm not making an extra trip for a case...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.