Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
I think this is mostly right but it was working right from the beginning. My 7:02 CDT order was done on the app. Used my preloaded order perfectly. The minute I used to verify was the only delay. But it was all in the app. It came up for me after 7:00 but not quite 7:01. I was watching, but I used the app.
Thatā€™s interesting I couldnā€™t get the app to load until maybe 7:03.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
It took me all day but Iā€™m finally caught up with this thread!

I received the FineWoven case today. Not a fan. It definitely reminds me of the nylon 90s windbreakers. Definitely returning both of them, I did like the colors though. I ordered the blue and burgundy.

I was shocked earlier today when my order status said Preparing to Ship. Thatā€™s the fastest that I remember it changing.

Canā€™t wait for Friday! Itā€™ll be a big day. Iā€™ve got the iPhone Pro in Blue, watch 9 in silver, and AirPods coming.

Someone posted a couple of photos of the FineWoven from a Reddit poster. I kid you not one of them will have a snag soon. Thatā€™s all I needed to see. You can hit it with Scotchgard, but snagging will be inevitable.

I have my obligatory glitter case from Amazon and have a few other options coming tomorrow. Not much grabbing me just yet.

Oh damn, my orders gone too šŸ˜± but I didnā€™t get an email, just the error that orders arenā€™t available.
Itā€™s scary and such a terrifying feeling right? Canā€™t believe some models are really delayed until November. Sheeeesh! Thatā€™s brutal.

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
This is the second year in a row I feel silly because the configuration I ordered (blue/non-max/1TB) is still in stock for release day delivery so I didn't need to wake up so early. Same thing happened last year, haha.

But you never know which one it's gonna be.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
View attachment 2264086
Is this page indicative of anything specific to the order, or just an issue with the app?

I think itā€™s the app. I get that too. The app hasnā€™t been good for me all day. Glad I used my desktop to order instead. There I can see my order, I have a confirmation. Just nothing charged and Still Processing. I dont expect anything until Saturday/Sunday.

Folks! I have a feeling this might be the last year we might see the iPhone Pro Max name when it comes to the iPhones naming.

Next year Apple may introduce the iPhone Ultra and the iPhone Pro Max's name will be eliminated. āŒ

Also, notice how Apple labeled the iPhone chip, "A17 Pro" this is the first time ever.

IMG_3037.jpeg

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Itā€™s scary and such a terrifying feeling right? Canā€™t believe some models are really delayed until November. Sheeeesh! Thatā€™s brutal.
Itā€™s ridiculous, really. Especially if you have been a long term iUP member, filled out your pre-order approval, but werenā€™t able to complete the order until just a few hours after the site went live.

Like they didnā€™t think they would sell that manyšŸ™„. I call BS and market manipulation-trying to push people into higher data tiers that they donā€™t want or need. They KNOW, at a minimum, there will be high demand for a flagship color, lowest data tier device. Really hoping that Oct/Nov ship dates end up being Sept/Oct.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Folks! I have a feeling this might be the last year we might see the iPhone Pro Max name when it comes to the iPhones naming.

Next year Apple may introduce the iPhone Ultra and the iPhone Pro Max's name will be eliminated. āŒ

Also, notice how Apple labeled the iPhone chip, "A17 Pro" this is the first time ever.

View attachment 2264112

Or, if the chips are Pro might it be Ultra and Ultra Max

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012

View attachment 2264112

Ultra sounds better than Pro Max, but I suspect they are waiting for the Vision Pro to drop the Ultra with exclusive features to go with the Vision Pro. Be ready for that Ultra price!

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
For those of you who did not snag an iPhone today, you can still try this to get an iPhone on launch day. On Sep 22, go to apple.com and go through the process of purchasing the iPhone. If you are too early in the day, you will see under Pickup: 'Currently unavailable at 'your favorited Apple Store'. Keep on trying until you see it's available, then make the purchase.
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.39.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.39.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 9.39.57 PM.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 46
Itā€™s ridiculous, really. Especially if you have been a long term iUP member, filled out your pre-order approval, but werenā€™t able to complete the order until just a few hours after the site went live.

Like they didnā€™t think they would sell that manyšŸ™„. I call BS and market manipulation-trying to push people into higher data tiers that they donā€™t want or need. They KNOW, at a minimum, there will be high demand for a flagship color, lowest data tier device. Really hoping that Oct/Nov ship dates end up being Sept/Oct.
Itā€™s hard to say. Itā€™s too bad Apple stopped reporting the Pre-ordered iPhone sales figures. It keeps the momentum going for them.

I think the reason why thereā€™s a delay until November is that Apple Production Assembly plants is behind 2-3 months when it comes to production. Sony was not able to keep up with the periscope camera sensor.

IMG_3039.jpeg

IMG_3038.jpeg

The iPhone 15 Pro Max production ramped up 3 weeks ago. That's just not enough time. That is why there was a massive delay until November. Itā€™s the supply constraints. Thanks @FlightLevel310 for keeping us updated with the iPhone availability today.

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
how the stores prepare including what the employees do differently thazn a normal day. I bet itā€™s interesting.
Interesting from your perspective ā€” which is fine. However, Iā€™m sure Apple Store employees of all tiers are thinking ā€œdreadful." Even if youā€™re good at customer service and have no qualms, just the (extra) demand of expected to be everywhere at once, helping everyone not yet assisted is extremely mentally (and plenty physically) draining. And that stress/exhaustion accumulates while rolling down the hierarchy/ranks.

With that said, everyone picking up your iPhone, please be patient and respectful.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Itā€™s hard to say. Itā€™s too bad Apple stopped reporting the Pre-ordered iPhone sales figures. It keeps the momentum going for them.

I think the reason why thereā€™s a delay until November is that Apple is behind 2-3 months when it comes to production. Sony was not able to keep up with the periscope camera sensor.

View attachment 2264116

View attachment 2264117

The iPhone 15 Pro Max production ramped up 3 weeks ago. That's just not enough time.

Demand for Apple products is always high, but I would not be surprised if supply constraints are a bigger factor this year.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Itā€™s crazy, because we all are such a small subset of the consumer market. Look how many of us may not get their PRE-ORDER for over a month. The more I think about it, the more irritated it makes me. Thatā€™s BS to do that, especially to your most loyal and passionate adopters. When someone like @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø considers herself lucky to get her phones on launch day, as someone who keeps these boards active during the ā€œoff seasonā€ and is one of Appleā€™s biggest cheerleaders.

Sorry for being a downer. I feel lucky as well. Itā€™s sad that some of the fun is missing this year because of the f-ery that began with the site crashing and is continuing with the lack of inventory-so many repeat purchasers are frustrated and bummed at their delivery datesā€¦if they even feel confident that their order went through.

Be better, Tim Apple! šŸ¤¬

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012

View attachment 2264112

Thatā€™s random.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.