Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Wow. I’d forgotten about both the “bumper” case and these heinous AM radio looking things.
There was a minor scandal because the marketing photos left out the Apple logo and regulatory markings that were on the back of every iPhone at the time. Jony Ive was definitely Jony Iving when he (I'm assuming) created that case.

I think things are gonna slow down a bit except for another run of 'Preparing to Ship' flips. Watching UPS like a hawk for the funsies and nothing so far.

mykhaeli

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
Sunflower Galaxy
Wow, that was extremely confusing/stressful. The desktop websites didn't load until like 8:15am or so. The Apple Store app on my iPhone and iPad were erroring. Then the whole store app went down. I ended up ordering BOTH iPhones on my laptop. I feel like I'm in 2016? I love how I told someone that I've ONLY used the Apple Store app to pre-order. I finally submitted my pre-order at 8:20am via desktop website!!! 😮‍💨 I still have a 9/22 delivery date, so I guess I'm happy for now. 😀

View attachment 2262934
YAY! Hip-hip, HOORAY!!
👏✨👏✨👏✨👏✨😃
Wow- You have been rewarded quite a Titanium Trophy!🤩📱🏆🌟
(in the nick of time too)
We have seen & felt your trial here, and the amazing outcome is what we are Happy to see!🙂

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I was busy this afternoon and have not been able to be here, but as of now, my case has shipped, my phone is preparing to ship and my AirPods Pro 2 USB C are preparing to ship. My AWU 2 though is still stuck in processing. IMG_0399.jpeg IMG_0397.jpeg IMG_0396.jpeg IMG_0395.jpeg

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Wow! That's a good way to look at it. But you are correct. Sound strange huh!
He gets (maybe rightfully) criticized for a lot, but I’m old enough to remember what tech products were like before he changed things. I hate when people say “if Steve Jobs was alive Apple wouldn’t do blah blah blah…” and I’m sure Ives didn’t spend time designing cases, but it seems like he would pay attention to details that were missed here.

Reactions: Wolfs and tekchic

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Certainly executives would not use cases at public events since they are in marketing mode and want to show off their phones. No way to tell what they do in private.
They can afford to replace a phone every week (if they actually had to pay), but as a poor person, I have enjoyed holding and using the phones ceaseless.

Reactions: Brad7

LifeCycle

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2022
Couldn’t get in to the Apple Store until 8:05am. Had my Pre-order all ready to go for my iPhone 15 Pro Natural Titanium. Status is currently “order placed”. I also ordered an Apple Watch Series 9 which is still order placed.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
It took me all day but I’m finally caught up with this thread!

I received the FineWoven case today. Not a fan. It definitely reminds me of the nylon 90s windbreakers. Definitely returning both of them, I did like the colors though. I ordered the blue and burgundy.

I was shocked earlier today when my order status said Preparing to Ship. That’s the fastest that I remember it changing.

Can’t wait for Friday! It’ll be a big day. I’ve got the iPhone Pro in Blue, watch 9 in silver, and AirPods coming.

kid84

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2017
Processing stage and no charge on my discover credit card .

Still showing 22 for delivery , promax 512 black and blue 1tb .

Anyone same boat with me ?

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Received at 6:13 this eve.
Given the way today has progressed, more than a little unnerving. Hope I am still set for a 9/22 pickup. 🤔 View attachment 2264052

Edit: for what [little] it’s worth, my app still says my order is processing. Good gravy, this day.
Are you sure this is from Apple? Today would be the day to get people to click on a nefarious link....

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

Jbrumz85

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Anyone order from AT&T? Mine is saying estimated to ship Sep 22nd- Oct 6th. Got my order in about 25 mins after launch time. Hoping to get it on release date

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.