Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
That's interesting. The Apple App may have crashed after 7:05. Because it was working fine before that. I have a feeling the App was operating fine for only 2 minutes from 7:03-7:05 PDT, after that, it started crashing. I could be wrong tho. But seems like people had just a few minutes to spare to order the new iPhone. Otherwise you were out of luck and then rely on the desktop.
I think this is mostly right but it was working right from the beginning. My 7:02 CDT order was done on the app. Used my preloaded order perfectly. The minute I used to verify was the only delay. But it was all in the app. It came up for me after 7:00 but not quite 7:01. I was watching, but I used the app.

jkincheloe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2020
Austin, TX
IMG_2109.png

Is this page indicative of anything specific to the order, or just an issue with the app?

Reactions: naturalstar

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Anyone order from AT&T? Mine is saying estimated to ship Sep 22nd- Oct 6th. Got my order in about 25 mins after launch time. Hoping to get it on release date
I used to order from them but had switched to direct from Apple because -- and this might have changed -- it's really hard to track the order. There might be no information until the day before it ships to you from AT&T. I believe they just receive bulk orders from Apple and then in their distribution center it is finally matched up to your order and then shipped. When I used to I would get no confirmation until Thursday when it got matched, boxed and shipped by UPS to arrive on Friday. Prior to that Thursday, though... nothing except 'processing' on AT&T's order page.

This was years ago so it might have improved but don't be surprised if there is no info at all.

Reactions: Jbrumz85

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Anyone order from AT&T? Mine is saying estimated to ship Sep 22nd- Oct 6th. Got my order in about 25 mins after launch time. Hoping to get it on release date
I ordered from AT&T about 3 minutes before the official start time--easy process. Mine says estimated ship date of Thursday, Sept 21. I ordered a iPhone 15 Pro Max in natural titanium. 256 GB.

Just a start. We broke 1000 pages on launch day. I am sure we are going to break that record this year.
That's the goal! Remember last year all of us got exhausted and we were just posting whatever just to keep the momentum going. Ahh! Fun times.

miket09

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Ordered: iPhone 15 Pro Max - 1024GB - Blue Titanium at 8:05AM ET, and the iPhone 15 Pro Max - 512GB - White Titanium at 8:07AM ET this morning. Got an email from AT&T for both about 3 minutes after each order, and the site shows on the my orders page as Ordered, Estimated to ship: Thu., September 21, 2023

Reactions: Wolfs
I think this is mostly right but it was working right from the beginning. My 7:02 CDT order was done on the app. Used my preloaded order perfectly. The minute I used to verify was the only delay. But it was all in the app. It came up for me after 7:00 but not quite 7:01. I was watching, but I used the app.
Interesting! We only had 30-60 seconds to get into the app for our orders to go through. Otherwise, people were out of luck. It was brutal this year. Imagine what it’s going to be like for the iPhone Ultra next year. 😳

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Don't forget that Apple likes to under promise and over deliver.

In my experience, you get your iPhone one week before the expected date. I remember a few of my iPhones were scheduled to be delivered on, say, October 28, for example, and I got it a whole week earlier.

So if you're not getting a launch day iPhone, and instead got a delivery date of October 6, you still might get it 9.29.23

Jbrumz85

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
I ordered from AT&T about 3 minutes before the official start time--easy process. Mine says estimated ship date of Thursday, Sept 21. I ordered a iPhone 15 Pro Max in natural titanium. 256 GB.
Looks like I won’t be getting it on release day. Maybe things will change as it gets closer.

Wow, that was extremely confusing/stressful. The desktop websites didn't load until like 8:15am or so. The Apple Store app on my iPhone and iPad were erroring. Then the whole store app went down. I ended up ordering BOTH iPhones on my laptop. I feel like I'm in 2016? I love how I told someone that I've ONLY used the Apple Store app to pre-order. I finally submitted my pre-order at 8:20am via desktop website!!! 😮‍💨 I still have a 9/22 delivery date, so I guess I'm happy for now. 😀

View attachment 2262934
Woah! That’s wild. What a pre-ordering experience. Glad you were able to get the 9/22 date locked in. You got so lucky. The desktop did not work for me at all and I had 4 devices open. I was so nervous and scared! Right when it was 5:02AM PDT I was so scared. Never in my life I’ve been that focused and determined 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.