Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Couple of questions:
1. What's the problem with leather stuff? Why is Apple no longer creating leather cases, etc. Is it related to the 'carbon neutral' thing?
2. In years past, were there lots of people who had launch day dates & didn't get them? There's always angst about the order statuses (and I've contributed to that a time or two) & worrying it won't be there on launch day as promised. The vast majority make it on time, right. It's just some don't change status until the very last minute.

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Couple of questions:
1. What's the problem with leather stuff? Why is Apple no longer creating leather cases, etc. Is it related to the 'carbon neutral' thing?
2. In years past, were there lots of people who had launch day dates & didn't get them? There's always angst about the order statuses (and I've contributed to that a time or two) & worrying it won't be there on launch day as promised. The vast majority make it on time, right. It's just some don't change status until the very last minute.
Leather is made from animal skins and hides.

Reactions: Brad7

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Still waiting on mine to move. I got up at 6:05 this morning to order because I knew it would be delayed, but I didn't think it would be that bad. As it turned out, I couldn't place the order until 6:21. What was the point of setting up a pre-order on the app? That's the last time do that.
Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 6.29.07 PM.png

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
PRO/PRO MAX STOCK UPDATE - 12 Hours After Launch

Changes are in orange. Last update I'll be doing on this since almost all in here have ordered. The 1TB Blue iPhone 15 Pro is the only one left for launch day.

🟩The following are launch day (September 22nd)

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 1TB

🟨The following have slipped to October 2nd

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 256GB

Black - 256GB/512GB

🟧The following have slipped to October 4th

----------

🟥The following have slipped to October 9th

iPhone 15 Pro
Natural - All Sizes
Blue - 128GB/512GB

Black - 128GB/1TB

🟪The following have slipped to October 16th

iPhone 15 Pro
White - All Sizes

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Blue - All Sizes
Black - All Sizes

The following have slipped to November 6th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Natural - All Sizes
White - All Sizes

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Officially CAUGHT UP!!! What a crazy pre-order for me this year. I forgot to post on Instagram that I did the pre-order because I was so emotionally drained from the 30 minutes of refreshing the Apple Store app on iPad and iPhone and also refreshing their desktop website in Safari and Arc. 🤯

Don't worry, I ended up posting my IG story just now. 🤪

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
So if you don’t have any lightning devices, what do you plan on doing with old lightning cables? I feel bad chucking them in the trash to sit in a landfill and wish they could be recycled or something.
Excited for my 15PM to be on USB-C but have a few old cables to do whatever with.
My AppleTV remote still charges with a lightning cable so I need to keep at least one around.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Still waiting on mine to move. I got up at 6:05 this morning to order because I knew it would be delayed, but I didn't think it would be that bad. As it turned out, I couldn't place the order until 6:21. What was the point of setting up a pre-order on the app? That's the last time do that. View attachment 2264040
You're not the only one. Me and two others are in the same boat as you. We're going to make it though!

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
Remember the “you’re holding it wrong” fiasco? At the Jobs press conference someone asked the executive team (most of whom were there) what case they used on their phones. They all pulled their phones out and every single one of them was naked. Now, it’s plausible that they planned that, but this was in the era you’re referencing when Apple’s stance was “Put a case on this beautiful thing?? Are you insane??”
Yeah it was just bumpers for the 4/4s and then along comes the 5s and 5c... remember those??

Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 6.37.52 PM.png

I get going commando with an iPhone but every time I do it I get antsy and put the case back on.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 6.35.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 6.35.42 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I get that Apple care about that but I don't. But I guess Mother Nature would get all up in my grill about that opinion.

They probably genuinely do care. I wouldn’t take that away from them. But really, the motivation here is probably the price of leather as a commodity more than anything else. Leather prices jumped nearly 25% in 2022 and are projected to go higher for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Nothing here still placed, but glad to see yours is moving
I wasn't really worried about it. I had already received my email confirming my order and added the pickup ticket to my wallet. Just figured others would like to know. If Apple said your order would be at your local Apple Store there is no reason to be concerned.

That's the main reason I chose Apple store pickup this year. I'll have my phone at 8:30 AM on Friday whereas in years past my UPS guy hasn't shown up with the phone until 6 or 7 at night. No waiting this year.

george999

macrumors regular
May 15, 2016
does anyone know what home Apple Store opens on launch day sept 22? Do they open earlier or is it the typical 10 am to 8pm.

I’m thinking of just going Friday morning after I get off work at 730 in the morning
I secured a 8:00-8:15AM check in time on 9/22 for my pick up and according to the store hours, they don’t actually open til 10AM lol

I’m pretty sure the hours are longer for launch day.

why do you need the tracking number when you already know the arrival date lol

👉🏻 You are new around these parts, aren't ya?

...but seriously, it's all part of the fun that we've been doing for years now. We all try to guess when our devices leave China on their way to Anchorage and down to the lower 48. I guess it's nice to "see" where our toys are at any given time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.