Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
They only really started selling them around the 6, right? And I remember someone saying that really they donā€˜t want you to cover such a beautiful gadget because you rarely see an Apple exec using one. That in their eyes this beautiful design was never intended to be covered up.

Remember the ā€œyouā€™re holding it wrongā€ fiasco? At the Jobs press conference someone asked the executive team (most of whom were there) what case they used on their phones. They all pulled their phones out and every single one of them was naked. Now, itā€™s plausible that they planned that, but this was in the era youā€™re referencing when Appleā€™s stance was ā€œPut a case on this beautiful thing?? Are you insane??ā€

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
It does not require it. Sometimes an Apple staff will offer to get you started if you want, but generally they give you device, ask if you have any questions and then send you on your way.

Yep. Depends on the employee too. Iā€™ve had them just start the process without asking me and have had to ask them to stop. This typically happens on launch day when the employees have been dealing with tons of clueless customers who donā€™t have the first notion how to activate and set up their new phones.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CaptMarvel
iPhone (at a glance)

How it started and how itā€™s going.

1694822924883.jpeg

I started in 2008 with the iPhone 3G. Have not skipped a year or anything not upgrading. I've been upgrading since then consecutively.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
You can only while it's being processed. Once the order hits "Readying for shipment", you can't alter anymore shipping, addresses or payment details.
This is why I have been on the phone w/ Apple all day today. Only to learn the system is backlogged and I have to call back tomorrow. We shall see how this pans out. At the end of the day, nothingā€™s actually wrong. I have the device I wanted available on the day I wanted. Just some oddities this time around. All is good.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
It does not require it. Sometimes an Apple staff will offer to get you started if you want, but generally they give you device, ask if you have any questions and then send you on your way.

That's what I thought.. good. I just got approved for the Apple Card, so I'm weighing my options of ordering with in-store pickup and installments versus going through the carrier and having it tacked onto the monthly bill.

BL.

Reactions: CaptMarvel

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I started in 2007 with the OG!!!

Havenā€™t skipped a year been at it since day 1 šŸ˜Š

Same. I also owned a first generation iPod on the day they were released too. It was wild. That thing was so popular. My friends couldnā€™t keep their hands off it and for nearly a year I was the only person I knew who owned one.

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
I won't lie, it'll be tough to part ways with my 12 Pro Max. Maybe my favorite upgrade ever. 5G, great design, and it was built like a tank. It took a lot of abuse over the last few years. Battery was great too for the most part, although battery health is down to 80%. It's time for a change.
My launch day 14 Pro Max is 87% so youā€™re very lucky.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Yep. Depends on the employee too. Iā€™ve had them just start the process without asking me and have had to ask them to stop. This typically happens on launch day when the employees have been dealing with tons of clueless customers who donā€™t have the first notion how to activate and set up their new phones.
Soā€¦ I can pickup in-store and walk out with both devices for at-home config of the new device? That, would be my preferred scenario.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
My launch day 14 Pro Max is 87% so youā€™re very lucky.
I rarely let it go below 40%. It was at 87% as recently as June, but is started to really suffer when the AC in my car broke down. Ever since then, I've been trying to put the phone to the test with the CPU and graphics to bring it down under 80% so I could get the battery replaced, but there's no point now with my new phone coming next week lol

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
At the Jobs press conference someone asked the executive team (most of whom were there) what case they used on their phones. They all pulled their phones out and every single one of them was naked.

Certainly executives would not use cases at public events since they are in marketing mode and want to show off their phones. No way to tell what they do in private.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.