Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
My 14 Pro Max 1TB was delivered a year ago on launch day and—today—my battery health is 96%. I use it every day. It rarely gets below 75% charge during the day. I also have it set to "Optimized Battery Charging". I put it on my wireless charger every night before I go to sleep.

View attachment 2263725
My numbers and routine are exactly the same as you. Also 96%

Reactions: killawat and Wolfs

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Any particular reason (you feel like sharing) why you want to switch from in store pickup to delivery?
I normally select in-home delivery. At my 28-minute-later-than-normal-ordering panic, I thought it would be nice to have my device earlier in the day on 9/22 (1:30 to be specific) as UPS delivers 7-8 on iPhone Day. So I selected in-store. Only after when I was in this thread was I reminded that in-store trade-ins happen on the spot. I reeeeeally like having both devices for a few days to compare/contrast. Plus, it takes my new devices a few days (once as long as a couple of weeks) before everything gets downloaded and set from my iCloud backup. I’d not like starting that process in-store then walking away with that process only started (where my connection would go from store Wi-Fi to cellular and 100% drop at one point then back to cellular at some point and then eventually home Wi-Fi). Those breaks in connection, in my experience, can lead to weird data funkiness. Additionally, I’m an idiot and I will not be home next Fri. Which, yes I would have 7 days to pickup my in-store, which is nice. But it’s all about swapping phones on the spot that I don’t like. That’s the deal. 😉

By the time this is all said and done, I’ll probably find myself in a store picking up a device anyway. A LOT can happen in a week. 🤪

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I normally select in-home delivery. At my 28-minute-later-than-normal-ordering panic, I thought it would be nice to have my device earlier in the day on 9/22 (1:30 to be specific) as UPS delivers 7-8 on iPhone Day. So I selected in-store. Only after when I was in this thread was I reminded that in-store trade-ins happen on the spot. I reeeeeally like having both devices for a few days to compare/contrast. Plus, it takes my new devices a few days (once as long as a couple of weeks) before everything gets downloaded and set from my iCloud backup. I’d not like starting that process in-store then walking away with that process only started (where my connection would go from store Wi-Fi to cellular and 100% drop at one point then back to cellular at some point and then eventually home Wi-Fi). Those breaks in connection, in my experience, can lead to weird data funkiness. Additionally, I’m an idiot and I will not be home next Fri. Which, yes I would have 7 days to pickup my in-store, which is nice. But it’s all about swapping phones on the spot that I don’t like. That’s the deal. 😉

By the time this is all said and done, I’ll probably find myself in a store picking up a device anyway. A LOT can happen in a week. 🤪

Is this due to a carrier requirement? When I've done in-store pickup, I didn't give my trade-in right away. They give me the choice and let me know I have 14 days to return. I come back and drop off the trade for my credit once I know I don't have a bad device.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina

Did your preorder process not have the “trade in kit” option? (I did with AT&T) I too do not like rushing and setup of a new device in store. I do the side by side transfer in the comfort of my home and then mail my previous device in a few days later.

Maybe you can request that a trade-in kit be mailed to you instead of trying to change your delivery method?

Or just see if you can bring your previous device after you set it up at home?

Reactions: naturalstar

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 7.47.00 PM.png
Apple Support is so great.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Did your preorder process not have the “trade in kit” option? (I did with AT&T) I too do not like rushing and setup of a new device in store. I do the side by side transfer in the comfort of my home and then mail my previous device in a few days later.

Maybe you can request that a trade-in kit be mailed to you instead of trying to change your delivery method?

Or just see if you can bring your previous device after you set it up at home?
I didn’t notice, but that an interesting idea. More to research. Thanks.

Reactions: CaptMarvel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.