Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
It’s crazy, because we all are such a small subset of the consumer market. Look how many of us may not get their PRE-ORDER for over a month. The more I think about it, the more irritated it makes me. That’s BS to do that, especially to your most loyal and passionate adopters. When someone like @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ considers herself lucky to get her phones on launch day, as someone who keeps these boards active during the “off season” and is one of Apple’s biggest cheerleaders.

Sorry for being a downer. I feel lucky as well. It’s sad that some of the fun is missing this year because of the f-ery that began with the site crashing and is continuing with the lack of inventory-so many repeat purchasers are frustrated and bummed at their delivery dates…if they even feel confident that their order went through.

Be better, Tim Apple! 🤬
Thanks! It’s all part of the process. All part of the iPhone pre-ordering experience. That is why I take this very seriously and don’t play games. Trust me, I follow the news all year long even during the off-season, and keep myself well updated. I just knew this was going to happen. That’s why yesterday when I got back here I was telling people to get settled with whatever they are going to be ordering. Be ready!

Many times it is out of Apple’s hands since they are also relying on the suppliers.

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
Just received my Evergreen fine woven case. I don't think I'm a fan. It's too grippy for my taste — way more like suede than smooth leather. It doesn't feel like suede, though. I'm not sure what it feels like. It almost feels like cheap felt, except it has a definite weave. Picture is inside but with a splash of sunlight from a window. The color is way darker than shown online. I headed over to Amazon for a Lonli leather case. I just like leather. It's grippy enough not to slide too much, but not so grippy it's hard to get out of my pocket or purse.

View attachment 2263964

I got one in Pacific Blue and I'm not a fan either. It doesn't look, feel or smell like leather but it costs the same. The closest thing I can compare it to is my iPad Pro case.

Could either of you please tell me how thin the case is? This is the first time i've wanted an Apple case because the fabric will help me with grip and my sweaty palms. It seems like its thin enough that I wont mind it but as someone who has no case or a thin case from Totallee / peel / amazon brand (torras, etc), I am picky when it comes to other cases. The being grippy plus easy to clean is the main reason I want this case.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Thanks! It’s all part of the process. All part of the iPhone pre-ordering experience. That is why I take this very seriously and don’t play games. Trust me, I follow the news all year long even during off-season, and keep myself well updated. I just knew this was going to happen. That’s why yesterday when I got back here I was telling people to get settled with whatever you are going to be ordering.
Exactly, and the fact that even you were a bit nervous is telling. When a tiny fraction of the total sales amount does everything right and is still shut out, that’s when I side eye. Ticketmaster had never seen demand like TSwift. I kind of get it. Apple does this every year. Also, computing/tech is their business! The fact that the site couldn’t keep up with demand/pre approvals and payments erroring out is unsat. They do it every year.

That’s random.
Random? Not at all. Just trying to make a point to enjoy the glorious iPhone 15 Pro Max. This might be the last time/year before it’s eliminated by an Ultra. Look at what happened to iPhone Mini. 😟

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Was the 4 the first to allow preorders? I'm pretty sure the 3g didn't & maybe the 3gs

Yep, that's the one.. Steve announced both the black and white iPhone 4, and only the black was available at launch, Apple's servers melted down, ATT's servers also melted down. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that Apple announced that they would have a separate launch for the white 4, then a separate event for Verizon getting the 4..

.. then Antennagate. Everyone with the 3G and 3GS were happy that they waited for the 4s. I was one who waited.

BL.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Yep, that's the one.. Steve announced both the black and white iPhone 4, and only the black was available at launch, Apple's servers melted down, ATT's servers also melted down. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that Apple announced that they would have a separate launch for the white 4, then a separate event for Verizon getting the 4..

.. then Antennagate. Everyone with the 3G and 3GS were happy that they waited for the 4s. I was one who waited.

BL.
I loved my 3GS.

BL.
3GS was so iconic. It still is.

The good old days. Apple’s major headache in the history of the iPhone.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
It’s usually not possible especially for pre orders. You would have to cancel and redo order but since phones are slipping into November dates and beyond might not want to try
I’ve had 3 reps at Apple tell me conflicting things. 1 said what you said: cancel & reorder for Nov. delivery. No thanks. The other 2 said the same opposite thing: that it was possible with the last one I spoke with claiming the system was so far behind and recommended I call back tomorrow. Which I will. Why not? I tend to think I’m stuck not using my AC and in-store pickup on 9/22. Weird day.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Woah! That’s wild. What a pre-ordering experience. Glad you were able to get the 9/22 date locked in. You got so lucky. The desktop did not work for me at all and I had 4 devices open. I was so nervous and scared! Right when it was 5:02AM PDT I was so scared. Never in my life I’ve been that focused and determined 😂
Yeah, I guess it's good I was ordering two Pros (not Pro Max) and that saved me some heartache. It looks like the delivery times started to go into October a little bit after I submitted my orders. I'm guessing delivery times didn't go into October for Pros until later in the morning? Also, I normally don't even have my computer open, but this morning I decided to for some reason? I got into the Apple Store apps pretty quickly, but whenever it tried to check my upgrade info, I kept getting the error, "An error occurred trying to fulfill your request. Please try again later." I assume that means their servers were overwhelmed? I don't think I've ever seen that error before in the years of pre-orders! I also kept quitting the app and reopening. I'm not sure that was a good strategy? It was a miracle that the desktop website started to load and it was pretty "easy" for me to place my order. I read that some people were successful with clicking the link from their email about their pre-approval. Now I know what to do next year!

I wonder if our iPhones will be departing China or are they already in the US? o_O

No. Apple should not be expected to prebuild 100% of product; everyone with sense expects initial supply not to be unlimited. Hence the 5 AM clustermess.

My personal order for 15 Pro Max/NaturalTitanium/256 just now got notified as shipped for 9/22 delivery; previously scheduled for 10/4-10/9.
That’s great news! Congratulations!!! 🍾🎈🎊🎉

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Just received my new cables, screen protectors, and magnetic battery.

IMG_2194.jpeg

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012

BL.
I remember this! I also remember ordering the first iPhone for the original MSRP through ATT, which I think was 799 or 899? And then within a short period of time they lowered the price significantly and refunded everyone who had paid the higher price. Although I never got my refund I also never had the same antennaegate issue that other people had with the 4 so I never got my bumper either! Haha

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
No. Apple should not be expected to prebuild 100% of product; everyone with sense expects initial supply not to be unlimited. Hence the 5 AM clustermess.

My personal order for 15 Pro Max/NaturalTitanium/256 just now got notified as shipped for 9/22 delivery; previously scheduled for 10/4-10/9.
This is promising. Let’s hope the 512s keep that same energy lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.