Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Elastep

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Here we gooooo! Ups tracking is in!

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpeg
    IMG_2425.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 68

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Good morning! I haven’t pulled the trigger for the MagSafe stand since it’s a bit pricey. The stand would be nice for the nightmode/standby feature for iOS 17. I only use Anker products yet my battery health is 87%. Maybe I am the problem?!

If you already have a MagSafe charger, the Twelve South Fortè stand (that was in Apple’s iOS 17 reveal) is a good option. Horizontal changing for Standby mode works too. I have it for my office at work, but I am looking at a multi charging option for home. Anker is one of my favorite brands too, reliable and sturdy.

Twelve South Forté for MagSafe Charger

1694866654022.png

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Does anyone know what kind of trade in if any I can get for this iPhone 14 Pro? I'd just sell it if it wasn't for "grind marks" I got on the bottom of the phone (even with a case) when I fell on my face a few months ago tripping over a sidewalk. I offered it to my Mom but at 76 she said she really appreciates the offer but she wouldn't take advantage of it plus I don't want her to have a banged up phone. I've offered it to my oldest sister and she's considering it but I kind of don't want her to have a banged up phone either.

Mods: if my picture is too gross or something please tell me and I'll immediately take it down. It was just a nasty fall and I wanted to share my experience.

View attachment 2264430 View attachment 2264432

yikes! Hope you’re okay. My 14 Pro 128 sold for around $825. I did it before the release and it had no nicks or scratches. You can probably put it up for sale in your local Facebook marketplace or eBay and get a good 500 for it. Maybe a little bit more depending on your area. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Wolfs

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Does anyone know what kind of trade in if any I can get for this iPhone 14 Pro? I'd just sell it if it wasn't for "grind marks" I got on the bottom of the phone (even with a case) when I fell on my face a few months ago tripping over a sidewalk. I offered it to my Mom but at 76 she said she really appreciates the offer but she wouldn't take advantage of it plus I don't want her to have a banged up phone. I've offered it to my oldest sister and she's considering it but I kind of don't want her to have a banged up phone either.

Mods: if my picture is too gross or something please tell me and I'll immediately take it down. It was just a nasty fall and I wanted to share my experience.

when I traded in my iPhone 7 years ago I had a small crack at the bottom of the screen and they gave me the full amount. I’d take it and see what they’ll give you if it’s low you could probably sell it for more.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It's weird I can't find my partner's iphone in UPS Choice. His address didn't match exactly to mine due to the Apple Store issues. I had updated his address so it matched a couples day before, but for some reason it defaulted back to his old address. He has our apt number like "123" instead of what I have as "Apt 123". Maybe that makes the difference? Oh well, at least I can track my iPhone!! Can we search by order number yet? It looks like UPS might have turned that off?
Tracking | UPS - United States 2023-09-16 08-31-04.png

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Good morning! I haven’t pulled the trigger for the MagSafe stand since it’s a bit pricey. The stand would be nice for the nightmode/standby feature for iOS 17. I only use Anker products yet my battery health is 87%. Maybe I am the problem?!
I use this MDRNDOCK app 3-in-1 on my night stand. Offers a 3-levels of brightness nightlight feature (I rarely use). Only issue I have is the light on the base that lets you know it’s on/charging status, can be a bright at night. Otherwise, I’ve liked.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
They only really started selling them around the 6, right? And I remember someone saying that really they don‘t want you to cover such a beautiful gadget because you rarely see an Apple exec using one. That in their eyes this beautiful design was never intended to be covered up.
I've heard that as well! I also imagine that if an Apple exec damages their shiny iPhone Pro Max, they can get a free one pretty easily... or makes enough that they don't care about the cost of replacement?

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
It's weird I can't find my partner's iphone in UPS Choice. His address didn't match exactly to mine due to the Apple Store issues. I had updated his address so it matched a couples day before, but for some reason it defaulted back to his old address. He has our apt number like "123" instead of what I have as "Apt 123". Maybe that makes the difference? Oh well, at least I can track my iPhone!! Can we search by order number yet? It looks like UPS might have turned that off?
View attachment 2264466
Did you order under a phone number associated with the MyChoice app?

Ronin73

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2021
Man, they have changed My Choice this year. Every year I have my iPhone held at local distribution center to pick up at 8:00 am, but when I tried to go through the steps a few minutes ago, I only got the option to leave with a neighbor! This sucks!
I figured out why...the option is greyed out and says the shipper has placed restrictions and does not allow. Apple has now made it where you can't hold for pickup!!! Pretty crappy move.

Reactions: a83859372

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO

Take it in and see what they say. I’ve traded in several devices with scratches (not cracks) on the front glass and frames with nicks and scratches in the anodized finish, sans issue. They mainly want front/back (if applicable) glass free from cracks and a device that powers on, from what I can tell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.