Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Departure

Attachments

• IMG_6254.png
    IMG_6254.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 56

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
We are one day ahead compared to last year. Last year Wave 1 received their tracking numbers on Sunday. This year Wave 1 received their tracking numbers on Saturday.

I expect you guys to be in Louisville, Kentucky by Wednesday, not Thursday.
waaaaayy early indeed. We were usually freaking out late Saturday and Sunday because there was no info yet.

Speaking of freaking out.... for you new kids... a warning...

Now A Warning.gif

Your shipment is going to start moving across town and then at some point enter customs where it will stop. For a couple days probably. At least one. Maybe two. This is no time to panic. It just has to sit there until it clears customs and then will board it's plane for Alaska. It's gonna be a bumpy ride but as long your phone is in Kentucky by Thursday night it will be delivered on Friday. I mean hopefully. I'm not UPS I can't make nobody do nothin' but generally this is how it works out.

Enjoy the ride.

So if the theory of going to Shanghai is correct, I suspect our packages to drive to Shanghai from Zhengzhou in the next few hours or some time overnight (their time). Then sit in Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG/ZSPD) until UPS81 departs most likely on Monday morning (their time). This is a scheduled flight. I haven't seen any extra segments filed yet...and you usually won't until a few hours until departure time.
Are you able to check any UPS flights from ZHENGZHOU AIRPORT (CGO). What's their schedule look like? Just incase if it doesn't go to Shanghai.

Reactions: svish

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
The 6 and 6S looked and felt like prototypes compared to the 7, 8, SE2, and SE3. Jony Ive should be ashamed of approving that premature design.
I just upgraded my elderly dad from a 6s to a 12 a few months back. The 6s is still sitting on my desk, looking so small and sad and outdated. Don't know what to do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: MrENGLISH

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
True. I just got the case within the same order as the iPhone and then they gave different shipping times.
I was going to do that this year but I want to see the colors and I'm interested in a new TV so I'm gonna head into the store at some point this week after work. Say hello to some old chums.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Take it in and see what they say. I’ve traded in several devices with scratches (not cracks) on the front glass and frames with nicks and scratches in the anodized finish, sans issue. They mainly want front/back (if applicable) glass free from cracks and a device that powers on, from what I can tell.
I have a tiny nick in the edge of one of the cameras, took it in and they said no worries

I figured out why...the option is greyed out and says the shipper has placed restrictions and does not allow. Apple has now made it where you can't hold for pickup!!! Pretty crappy move.
That may change once it gets stateside

No mam! Both of my iPhones are part of Wave 2 :) Always the last one to leave.
She locks the doors and turns off the lights

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.