Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
For iPhone launch? Wow..

I was worried last time I bought on launch for iPhone 13 Pro, I don’t think I got the shipping email until Thursday night. But it still came Friday.
The Apple "Order Shipped" notice/e-mails don't usually go out until the phones have gotten their scans in Kentucky - so that's about Wed/Thur before delivery as you remembered. All of this tracking now is really in the background to Apple - and more about us tracking UPS itself.

fzJNotIBOxgnbqejSeVCvJScL

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2021
Pssst! Hey Apple, I know you always release new color variations of the iPhone some time in Q1 of the following year, no?

Want to boost sales to the stratosphere? ;)

Listen to me: iPhone 15 Pro (Max), Rose Gold Titanium.

Refer to the iPhone 6S that was released many years ago. That is a shade that will work super well with the titanium alloy.

Getting the proper shade will be important, requires a bit of trial and error. Start planning now.

And as for the non-Pro iPhone 15: my choice for a new color is orange. A pastel pale orange color, similar to the non-black colors that have been released.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
This is totally frustrating! :( I've done this for years and always was able to get my tracking number or at least see the last 4 like a lot of you are seeing, but this year, I'm not getting anything. Just to make sure, I put either my phone number or Apple order number minus the last two digits in the Shipment Reference field, correct? View attachment 2264884
I'm in the same "Plane" as you. Nothing yet. Last year, the tracking showed up automatically in my UPS app (paid MyChoice member) when I woke up. This year, nada.

It'll happen as Apple has committed to you. It sucks we're missing out right now, but our phones will catch up.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Yep I did my choice by phone number and get the pic I showed ...but can't open anything lol ...damn UPS new security. I will keep trying throughout the day all good, I appreciate your replies!
This is all I see in UPS (and I have MyChoice), I used my order number (without last 2 digits) in the reference # search. There are 4 digits at the end of what UPS returned, but I masked 2 of those below. So what does this mean? 1st wave or not?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx09

On the Way

Estimated delivery: Friday, September 22 by 7:00 P.M.

Reactions: Wolfs and julit0

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
UPS pickup in store this year isn’t free. Got to pay 20 bucks to even see that option. Probably creating new id might give trial option

Rob198612

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Cases arrived. Undecided about the new one.
d6a79fbdcdfa8c8a9bfdff1c73b0003f.jpg
Based on videos those new cases suck quality went down hill with those fine woven cases theres padding to make it seem ”thicker“

I have a feeling we’ll be in ZhengZhou for a few days.
I agree! But custom clearance will be taking in place meanwhile.

• What does it mean to "clear customs?"When importing or exporting goods, “clearing customs" is the process of officially passing through the Customs authority of a country. Shipments arriving in a foreign country must “clear customs” to comply with the regulations and requirements of that country. It is a critical step in the international shipment process, allowing goods to legally enter or exit a country and ensuring all customs regulations and obligations are met. Failure to clear customs properly can result in delays, penalties or seizure of goods.

Based on videos those new cases suck quality went down hill with those fine woven cases theres padding to make it seem ”thicker“
I agree. The FineWoven case makes it look cheap honestly. It looks like the cheap fabric is a dust/particle magnet too. If you zoom in from your mobile device you can see all the dust around.

1694883143030.jpeg

macdude2

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2006
Not until it scans in Kentucky
I don’t think that’s the case. Last year you were able to request a hold for pickup once the tracking populated. There are examples in the iPhone thread from last year. This year it seems to be restricted by the sender.

Reactions: edlex

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
This is totally frustrating! :( I've done this for years and always was able to get my tracking number or at least see the last 4 like a lot of you are seeing, but this year, I'm not getting anything. Just to make sure, I put either my phone number or Apple order number minus the last two digits in the Shipment Reference field, correct? View attachment 2264884
Yeah, I did that - it only worked with order # less last 2 digits, and I got this (the last 2 big Xs are mine - there are 4 digits there):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxXX09

On the Way

Estimated delivery: Friday, September 22 by 7:00 P.M.

But I have no other tracking info. And nothing in UPS mychoice.

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
I'm in the same "Plane" as you. Nothing yet. Last year, the tracking showed up automatically in my UPS app (paid MyChoice member) when I woke up. This year, nada.

It'll happen as Apple has committed to you. It sucks we're missing out right now, but our phones will catch up.
Yeah, I've always been in Wave #1! :( This takes the fun out of it. Guess we missed the plane! Last year I was the same way, woke up and had a notification in UPS MyChoice app. I think I messed up the notifications having my work address in there and then trying to change the default to my home address. But I can't find anything either searching by reference number, so thinking somehow I've fallen behind the group. :oops:

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
UPS my choice won’t let me change my address it says unable to it doesn’t even have my current address. I’ll do another account when I get my tracking number

Reactions: bkmike6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.