Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
I feel with these AAA games coming to the iPhone we are going to need a lot of storage

I love gaming and assassins creed alone might be 5GB+
Agreed! I begged Apple for almost 3 years to increase the Apple iCloud+ storage. I begged them at every opportunity I got in here. Finally, Apple listened. Proof below. Check out the time stamp.

1694902703325.png

1694902758274.png

1694902783183.png

1694902837467.png

So many more posts like this. I begged them for well over 3 years and it finally happened.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Long ago I worked at a company where I was in a middle level sort of technical position. I often attended meetings with executives that were above my pay grade. Cell phones were still a relatively new thing back then, and the thing to do to impress everyone else was to place your phone face down on the conference table. This showed (1) you had a phone, (2) you had a really cool phone — cooler than other peoples' phones — so you were a really cool person.

I had one of the first iPhone. But so did others. It was cool, but not coolest. But then I got a white 3G, and it was the first anyone there had. I couldn't wait for a meeting. I placed my new, very cool phone on the table. One of the execs reached out and just lightly stroked it. He said, "It's soooo sexy!"

That was always one of my favorite iPhones.

Long ago I worked at a company where I was in a middle level sort of technical position. I often attended meetings with executives that were above my pay grade. Cell phones were still a relatively new thing back then, and the thing to do to impress everyone else was to place your phone face down on the conference table. This showed (1) you had a phone, (2) you had a really cool phone — cooler than other peoples' phones — so you were a really cool person.

I had one of the first iPhone. But so did others. It was cool, but not coolest. But then I got a white 3G, and it was the first anyone there had. I couldn't wait for a meeting. I placed my new, very cool phone on the table. One of the execs reached out and just lightly stroked it. He said, "It's soooo sexy!"

That was always one of my favorite iPhones.
Very cool story. Thank you for sharing that.

I'm going to try that with my Natural Titanium iPhone. I want the heads to be turning and looking. So they get that confused and curious look. Never gets old. Thank you again!

Last edited:

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Agreed! I begged Apple for almost 3 years to increase the Apple iCloud+ storage. I begged them at every opportunity I got in here. Finally, Apple listened. Proof below. Check out the time stamp.

View attachment 2265200

View attachment 2265201

View attachment 2265202

View attachment 2265203

So many more posts like this. I begged them for well over 3 years and it finally happened.

Thanks to YayAreaLiving we got 6 and 12TB iCloud. All we need now is Apple to increase iPhone storage!!

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
In case (pun intended) anyone is like me and wants a leather folio wallet that supports MagSafe without a case. I'm ordered this guy. I can't attest to the quality but I have high hopes. https://geometricgoods.com/products...th-magsafe-classic-4-0?variant=47180643533133

I’ve been looking for something exactly like this!! BlackBrook has nice wallet cases but it also has that stupid case you need for you phone. May get one of these and return the stupid FineWoven  case.

Thanks to YayAreaLiving we got 6 and 12TB iCloud. All we need now is Apple to increase iPhone storage!!
No problem! I think they got sick and tired of looking at my post begging about the iCloud+ TB over and over. Finally, someone at Apple saw it and made the change. I think a 2TB iPhone is coming next year with iPhone Ultra?

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
252 pages already!? That is fantastic! Hello everyone! I hope you have been well.

I apologize that I have not read the thread and am about to ask a question I would love some possible insight on.

Has anyone done a reroute via Apple requesting the new location to the carrier?

The ordering was a little wonky, and I messed up and had it set to ship to my house vs. the location where I will be for a week.

Apple said I could change the address once it hit processing, but it never did. It went straight to Preparing To Ship, so I could not make the change, so Apple made the request to the carrier.

I know I am taking my chances, but I also know every scenario might be interesting until I know if they are doing a signature release, where my neighbors will be, etc. So, I am initially taking a chance and trying to get my new iPhone to me where I will be on the 22-26th. Yep. I know this could get interesting date wise, but I have it shipped to a place that can ship it again to me if necessary.

Was heading to CA. Will be heading now to WA.

Oh. And, Titanium 512 White. Debating caseless with a magsafe wallet for the first time and a delivery date of September 22nd which I would be happily surprised if it showed up then.

Any insight from anyone who has done an Apple-requested reroute would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017

View attachment 2265200

View attachment 2265201

View attachment 2265202

View attachment 2265203

What they really need to do is increase the free tier. 5GB is a joke these days. Google’s free tier has been 15GB for how many years now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.