Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

lexikon318

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
Psyched that my 15 pro is preparing to ship but Iā€™m really bummed out that my 12ā€™s screen suddenly began showing this pink line a day after preorder.

There goes my trade-in value šŸ™„

Attachments

• IMG_9315.jpeg
    IMG_9315.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 75

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
" data-source="post: 32489810" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
@swarlos The Legend! Give us some insight. You used to work at an Apple Store. Tell us about Logistics, please.

Btw, thank you for being here. Which iPhone did you order? Part of Wave 1 or Wave 2?

giphy.gif

LOL I ordered a 15 Pro Natty Ti for launch day delivery LOL I worked in a retail location so didnā€™t get to deep in the weeds in the logistics

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
That would be nice :) to see that a purchase for over $70 occurred. text alert.
Just curious, was this a different charge then the pending charge from yesterday when the purchase was originally made? I have a pending charge from yesterday, but nothing since then and I assumed they didn't actually charge the card until the phone actually ships. Was hoping that would change from pending at that point. :)

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
I was getting decent work done in this hotel room until I clicked this thread šŸ˜‚

PTS and UPS (logged in with MyChoice and it was just sitting there with a tracking number) shows it currently at:

9/16/2023
10:30 PM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
ZhengZhou, China Mainland

Something tells me pages back all of you have your eyes on a plane. Maybe two šŸ˜€

BreakingKayfabe

Suspended
Oct 22, 2020
Southern Cal
Just curious, was this a different charge then the pending charge from yesterday when the purchase was originally made? I have a pending charge from yesterday, but nothing since then and I assumed they didn't actually charge the card until the phone actually ships. Was hoping that would change from pending at that point. :)
The CC charge pending solely relies on how long it takes to fully post the charge to your account and doesnā€™t have much to do with any status on the shipment. Once Apple charges the payment method itā€™s now fully in the bankā€™s court to close it out to post.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
it would say no the pending charge will fall off and then post later on. normally

Reactions: Wolfs

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Alright I can't keep needlessly conning this thread any longer since I've probably fooled a grand total of ZERO people. Obviously I didn't wake up at 5am to order a cable šŸ¤£

This is the first time I will be picking up from the Apple Store since my iPhone 4 when I was 11! That was also my first time ever visiting an Apple Store with my dad. We both picked up an iPhone 4 that day. It was one of the most memorable tech experiences ever.

Also picking up an Ultra 2 for my dad on the same day, his first Ultra. I know he will really appreciate the better GPS for run tracking.

WBCXvlo.png

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Agreed! I begged Apple for almost 3 years to increase the Apple iCloud+ storage. I begged them at every opportunity I got in here. Finally, Apple listened. Proof below. Check out the time stamp.

View attachment 2265200

View attachment 2265201

View attachment 2265202

View attachment 2265203

So many more posts like this. I begged them for well over 3 years and it finally happened.
My 2 TB fam plan is full. I added an additional 2 TB for $10/mo on top of One. More storage will only be an increasing need as time marches on. Said another way, weā€™re not going to be needing less storage in the future. šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:
Finally PTS!!!

d49c74c801c0450c5e645e2c69885b0d.jpg
Congratulations! Please let us know when you get assigned with a tracking number. It might be coming from India šŸ‡®šŸ‡³. A big deal. We are waiting for a confirmation. Happy and safe travels. šŸ˜‡

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
How did you get the full tracking number to show up using a phone number? I can only get the last 4 digits of the REFERENCE number with a phone number. Where did you search by phone number?

I don't think that is the reference number you are getting. You are probably getting the last four of the actual tracking number (going by the number of digits).

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I just noticed that the Best Buy closest to my house shows Natural Titanium Pros available on launch date. I wonder if that's really true, or if any orders will be mysteriously delayed.

I already have mine coming Friday, so I'm not inclined to experiment. I usually do in-store pick-up, except during covid, but that wasn't available at either of the stores closest to me if I wanted Natural. And I do. And I didn't want to go downtown to pick it up. So delivery it is. Funny, though, that Best Buy would have it, but not the Apple Stores.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
UPS typically delivers to my house after 5pm and on iPhone day it sometimes extends to 8pm. So hopefully picking up the phone midday means I can get some day one side by side comparison shots between the 14PM and 15PM DURING DAYTIME. Yeah I know the sensors haven't changed but what I'm really curious about, even moreso than the 5x zoom module, is Smart HDR 5 -- this is the first new version of Smart HDR since the iPhone 13 Pro.

I'm not expecting huge changes and I'm half tempted to think it's just a marketing version bump but we'll see. Smart HDR 5 is literally the most anticipated feature for me beyond anything else.

@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø when does the 15 Pro photo thread go live???? The folks in New Zealand will get the jump on us for testing and posting in the thread

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Iā€™ve been looking for something exactly like this!! BlackBrook has nice wallet cases but it also has that stupid case you need for you phone. May get one of these and return the stupid FineWoven ļ£æ case.
Oh that is wonderful to hear! I hope that folio is as nice as I think it will be! :)

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Dang just noticed tracking for the phone also in my UPS. Heā€™s just chillin in ZhengZhou
Hi @swarlos
Maybe you have some perspective on this one.
Iā€™ve been on iUP for several years now. For the first time, Iā€™ve had my device shipped to my local store as opposed to my home. Do you know if itā€™s possible to pickup my device in-store without having to turn in my current (old) device on the spot? Ideally, I want to pick up new, return home, navigate the data transfer and then send my old device back to Apple. Possible?

Thanks!

Iā€™ve heard three conflicting stories from ā€œyep, totally possibleā€ to ā€œIā€™d have to relinquish the old phone in order to get the new phoneā€ reports when Iā€™ve spoken with Apple support the last couple days.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.