Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Flight Tracking Update

Good news, the plane I think we've been waiting for is finally airborne. Just a tad later than scheduled. We are looking at a 7:08PM AKDT/10:08PM CDT arrival time to Anchorage. It will fuel up, swap crews and then head to Seoul. You can track this current flight here. It will then most likely go to Zhengzhou tomorrow morning (central time).

This plane should be taking our phones to Seoul and then Anchorage come tomorrow afternoon/evening (central time). These flights are the ones you've been waiting for.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. The real tracking starts tomorrow evening.

View attachment 2266406
Thank you so much for the update. I will keep an eye out for this. Appreciate you!

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Ordered mine today. Showing November dates. Ugh.

T-Mobile carrier deal from Apple. Trading in a straight talk iPhone SE 3 for the $800 credit from T-Mobile. $160 instant from Apple and the rest in monthly from. Bill credits. Shows $23 a month total.

15 pro max 1tb.

Also ordered the ultra 2.

Switching back from S23 ultra. It'll be a long wait. Haha.

7af1fd6c604fb645ed559dfc27c65e32.jpg

Brutal.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
What was your first ever iPhone?

Mine: iPhone 3GS - 2008. Been upgrading every single year since then. It’s 2023. 🤯

View attachment 2266359

iPhone 6+

That year was such a cluster. This is nothing compared to that year. Apple was not ready for the volume of people who had been waiting for the introduction of larger iPhones before switching from Android (like me). Dates slipped out to 4-6 weeks.

I ended up using an inventory tracker to find stock at a Best Buy 2 hours away on launch day and when I called they couldn’t guarantee that it would be available once I got there, but it was thankfully. Found my husband an iPhone 6 about a week later at some random Best Buy kiosk at a mall (they don’t have those anymore). Absolutely loved that year.

Kept that one for 3 years before upgrading again to the 8 Plus and have been upgrading each year since.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
I just read through the entire IceCool saga, it could be made into a movie at this point.

I'm really rooting for you to get yours first on Friday.
From groundbreaking achievement unheard of before to processing that’ll have you on the edge of your iPhone orders, how did one Apple fan find himself in the middle of the most impossible iPhone preorder situation of all time?

Coming 9.23.23

Yeah, they better write a movie about me. I’m gonna go down in history.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
That's what did it for me. PocketPC for several years (yes, sorry Apple fans, Apple did not invent the smartphone). But I got the iPhone that was the first version to support third party apps.
me too....I really enjoyed the Microsoft PocketPC Platform! I still have a couple of them still laying around!

Reactions: Rafterman

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
For those getting the image below, don't be like me and wait lol ....just call 1-800-782-7892. Say "track a package". Keep saying "agent" until someone answers. Provide your cell number as your reference number for tracking. They will ask for you to confirm your mailing address, and then provide you with the full tracking info. I let them know I only see 0428 and they gave me the full tracking.

5 min convo and done

ozrPCLe.png
Thanks -- I did this, and it took a bit of convincing a skeptical agent, but it worked. Waited on hold for 9 minutes -- the agent then plugged in my phone number and also my address and didn't see anything. I explained how I got the last 4 digits -- he finally did that on his end, and then was able to see the whole tracking number - and it is due to arrive by 7 PM on the 22nd. It weighs 0.40 KGS (hope that's right). So am I in Wave 1 ? Here's the details:

phone ship.jpg

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Flight Tracking Update

Good news, the inbound aircraft I think we've been waiting for is finally airborne. Just a tad later than scheduled. We are looking at a 7:08PM AKDT/10:08PM CDT arrival time to Anchorage. It will fuel up, swap crews and then head to Seoul. You can track this current flight here. It will then most likely go to Zhengzhou tomorrow morning (central time).

This plane should be taking our phones to Seoul and then Anchorage come tomorrow afternoon/evening (central time). These flights are the ones you've been waiting for.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. The real tracking starts tomorrow evening.

View attachment 2266406
Thank you so much for this update!

bmblbee__

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2020
Late adopter but you’ve been upgrading yearly ever since! And obviously a big fan of the Pro Max.
Every year, I tell myself this is gonna be one I’ll keep for years; this one is perfect! Then, I watch the Keynote, spend the next 3 days convincing myself and my family how unimpressed I am with the improvements (or lack thereof)… only to end up frantically trying to snag my new Pro Max on preorder day!
I have a problem; I’ve decided to accept it!😂

fryfrkhlly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Every year, I tell myself this is gonna be one I’ll keep for years; this one is perfect! Then, I watch the Keynote, spend the next 3 days convincing myself and my family how unimpressed I am with the improvements (or lack thereof)… only to end up frantically trying to snag my new Pro Max on preorder day!
I have a problem; I’ve decided to accept it!

Hahaha me this year.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
My first smartphone was a Samsung Blackjack. I loved it, because it kept me entertained at all the various Wolfs pups practices and games. I can’t believe I used to watch tv shows I recorded on capture card via the computer, and books that I screenshotted every page of 😯.

One day Mr Wolfs accidentally knocked the phone out of my hand and it shattered. I made him replace it with a 3GS. Man, that screen was HUGE in comparison. Upgraded every 2 years per the carrier contracts until going iUP for the last 4-5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.