Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

medulla

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
I know this has been asked thousands of times and there are dedicated threads for this. Just one more time..
Does everyone set up their device as new or use quick start or backup to device and restore?

Iā€™ve always set up as new just for the piece of mind nothing unnecessary is being transferred over. I donā€™t have too many apps and it isnā€™t exactly difficult to set up as new, apart from logging in to all the banking apps and so on.

Is the anxiety of moving data over irrelevant or is there actually merit in setting up as new?

I know this has been asked thousands of times and there are dedicated threads for this. Just one more time..
Does everyone set up their device as new or use quick start or backup to device and restore?

Iā€™ve always set up as new just for the piece of mind nothing unnecessary is being transferred over. I donā€™t have too many apps and it isnā€™t exactly difficult to set up as new, apart from logging in to all the banking apps and so on.

Is the anxiety of moving data over irrelevant or is there actually merit in setting up as new?
I set it up as brand new and then activate iCloud. Everything transfers over.

It takes about a week or so for my iPhone to be fully synced. Results may vary.

medulla

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
Correct! I usually follow the same format I had set from my previous iPhone and then I don't download the ones I need. Saves me space and time. Free with clutter!
Appreciate it.
Thank you.
Also thanks to all the active members that really come out this time of the year and add excitement to the launch. Especially you! I follow most of the posts in silence.
Thank you and everyone else. Hope everyone enjoys their new iPhone.

I back up my Iphone 14 to my MacBook Pro and restore to the new Iphone 15...I have too many apps and too much of everything...
Must be nice. I can no longer do that. my iCloud exceed 1.2TB of storage. 1TB local storage is not enough anymore. No longer an option for me :(

This is just on my iPhone solely. It doesn't even include other 20+ Apple devices I have :(

IMG_3266.jpg

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
2004 is the year I made the switch from XP to Mac OS X with the purchase of a 20" iMac G5. I've never looked back since :p
My first adventure into the Mac world was when my parents bought my brother a Bondi Blue G3 iMac when he went off to college. He ended up quitting the first year and I got to enjoy it for a few years (he's an accomplished military guy now though with many degrees). That was macOS 8 or 9. My brother was studying again and got a G4 Mac laptop and I remember him getting the first pre-release beta of macOS 10 installed on it. I wanted it on my G3 iMac, but it didn't meet the requirements and I had to upgrade it to a whopping 128 MB of RAM to run it. It ended up running very well and it was one of the coolest things ever (and still is to me). I've been a giant Apple nerd ever since.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I back up my Iphone 14 to my MacBook Pro and restore to the new Iphone 15...I have too many apps and too much of everything...
Thatā€™s what I do, along with preserving an iCloud backup, too.

Looking forward to that USB 3.0 speed on data transfer, but I think I need to get or find a USB 3.0 in my stash. šŸ˜†

Appreciate it.
Thank you.
Also thanks to all the active members that really come out this time of the year and add excitement to the launch. Especially you! I follow most of the posts in silence.
Thank you and everyone else. Hope everyone enjoys their new iPhone.
Thank you for being here. Appreciate you taking the time to post.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. There are a lot of smart/knowledgable people in here. We are here to help :)

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Must be nice. I can no longer do that. my iCloud exceed 1.2TB of storage. 1TB local storage is not enough anymore. No longer an option for me :(

This is just on my iPhone solely. It doesn't even include other 20+ Apple devices I have :(

View attachment 2266722
Apple announced 6 and 12 terabyte iCloud options during the iPhone keynote. So you should probably hop on that.

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
I wanted one of these phones so bad... lol those bumpers were my favorite.
Speaking ofā€¦ this will be the first year Iā€™m going back to a bumper case. I ordered the RhinoShield Crash Guard bumper case in Platinum Grayā€¦ but seriously considering going case free for the first time since iPhone 7 Plus since the edges are no longer fingerprint magnets (opted for Natural Titanium 15 Pro Max)

Reactions: fryfrkhlly

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Looking forward to that USB 3.0 speed on data transfer, but I think I need to get or find a USB 3.0 in my stash. šŸ˜†
With the proper data speed specifications as well. I had to order some new USB-C cables today because all of mine are rated at only 480Mbps for data.

• Wow
Reactions: julit0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.