Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Hey all! Canadian thread is pretty dry and has no interesting flight insights for our delivery. Could we please get some insight on our flights based on this?:

View attachment 2266695
I would guess this one, but I really don’t know for sure. It’s just a guess.

kjwamlex

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2016

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Got my first combo ready for launch...

Natty Titanium - Cypress - Umber leather magsafe wallet

No finewoven. Ever.

aSlGSzF.jpg

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
@MrENGLISH what are you thoughts on the Apple Vision Pro? Do you like it?
I have an attachment to VR that most people don't have.

I bought a Virtual Boy on Day 1 when it released in 1995.

My ex and I had started a VR business back in 2015 with a focus on filming wedding and other events in Stereo 360 VR utilizing 14 GoPro cameras at one time.

That venture turned out to be a little too soon for the market and eventually folded and took my relationship with her down with it.

After that I took a break from VR for awhile and only recently came back to it. I currently own the PS VR 1 and the Quest 2.

I'm interested in the Vision Pro BUT I'm not willing to drop $3500 for one. If I can get a good deal on one I will most likely buy it then.

ajibarra

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
I placed two orders with 5 minutes difference. One of them was billed and set to “preparing to ship” but the other one is still “processing”. Both still says delivery date is Friday. Just wondering if somebody else is waiting yet to switch from processing to preparing to ship because I’m concerned about that one.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
I'm still very curious how much space the spatial videos are going to take up. I'm gonna throw out ~600MB per minute if they're 60fps. If they're 30 then ~490MB.

Also if they’re square like shown in some of the renders I’m guessing 2160x2160.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I still only have the last 4 digits of the tracking. I hope to get the full number soon. I should check for my Ultra 2 and AirPods Pro w/ USB C have full tracking #’s. All with Friday delivery.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
I have an attachment to VR that most people don't have.

I bought a Virtual Boy on Day 1 when it released in 1995.

My ex and I had started a VR business back in 2015 with a focus on filming wedding and other events in Stereo 360 VR utilizing 14 GoPro cameras at one time.

That venture turned out to be a little too soon for the market and eventually folded and took my relationship with her down with it.

After that I took a break from VR for awhile and only recently came back to it. I currently own the PS VR 1 and the Quest 2.

I'm interested in the Vision Pro BUT I'm not willing to drop $3500 for one. If I can get a good deal on one I will most likely buy it then.
I first got into VR with the Valve Index and then the PS VR 2. I have my eyes on the Quest 3 next

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
@MrENGLISH what are you thoughts on the Apple Vision Pro? Do you like it?
I am also curious about the new spacial video that will be coming to both iPhone 15 PM and the AVP.

I am a sucker for stereo/3D video.

I graduated with a degree in Media Arts and Animation and made my graduation reel in stereo 3D with the Red and Blue glasses - this was back in 2004 before 3D TVs were even a thing. The 3D Glasses were a great idea to me because I put my contact info on them and they acted like business cards.

So I am very much interested in the idea of spacial video and hope it looks great in the AVP. I'm also hoping they will start selling 3D movies in the Apple TV store.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Two different camps on this one. Some are swearing that once in the States we should still be able to do a Pickup Hold like years before, but it seems Apple is telling UPS to not allow this. Fingers crossed that the former will hold true for another year.
Is this only for access points, or for both access points and hubs?

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
I'm still very curious how much space the spatial videos are going to take up. I'm gonna throw out ~600MB per minute if they're 60fps. If they're 30 then ~490MB.

Also if they’re square like shown in some of the renders I’m guessing 2160x2160.
I just looked at the 15 Pro keynote again and it records widescreen spatial videos. At WWDC, they were square… that’s weird?

1695009619437.png

1695009680944.png

Reactions: MrENGLISH

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
I placed two orders with 5 minutes difference. One of them was billed and set to “preparing to ship” but the other one is still “processing”. Both still says delivery date is Friday. Just wondering if somebody else is waiting yet to switch from processing to preparing to ship because I’m concerned about that one.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Apple is shipping multiple batches from China. You’ll get it on Friday.

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
You are correct. None of the prior year iPhones have come with iOS 17 installed. 😀

I thought I remember during quick setup that it's no longer needed to do the trick of setting up the phone real quick updating to the latest iOS and then wipe it and then set up again with Quick Setup for real to get all your settings moved over.

I could be remembering incorrectly but I thought last year was the first year I heard there was an option to have the phone upgrade to the current iOS first and reboot and then it would start the Quick Setup?

I was too quick to want to set it up and get going that I just did the set up, wipe and then real set up because that was always required before.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
I thought I remember during quick setup that it's no longer needed to do the trick of setting up the phone real quick updating to the latest iOS and then wipe it and then set up again with Quick Setup for real to get all your settings moved over.

I could be remembering incorrectly but I thought last year was the first year I heard there was an option to have the phone upgrade to the current iOS first and reboot and then it would start the Quick Setup?

I was too quick to want to set it up and get going that I just did the set up, wipe and then real set up because that was always required before.
This is how it went last year on my 14 Pro purchased at launch. I am sure it will be the same this year.

Reactions: julit0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.