Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
You will love Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Fly Emirates when you go. Run, do not walk to the Gold Souk. Yes, pay extra to get to the top of the Burj Khalifa and skip the line. Then watch the light show after. See the palace. Do a brunch, skydive, ski, see the garden, go on a cruise - it’s all there. The mosque is amazing! Food is delicious!

Wonderful! Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I do want to go to Burj Khalifa. It’s #1 on the list. Also, want to check out the new museum they just opened. Seems like there is so much to do. 🤯😳

1695006636146.jpeg

1695006796394.jpeg

P.S: Took a screenshot of this post.

I love the Titanium on the new iPhone 15 Pro Max.

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Question to pass the time…

Do you install the iOS update on your soon-to-be-“old” phone, or do you wait until you get your new one so that it feels…extra-new?! 😅

(Wish I could post a poll within this thread!)
You have to install the update or you can’t restore your backup/transfer data wirelessly between the phones. Both phones have to be on the latest available update.

Reactions: 5105973

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
How does the transfer work if the iPhone 15 arrives with iOS16 and my iPhone has iOS17. Does it mean updating the iPhone 15 before transferring?
The rule of thumb is that your if you are restoring your new phone with your current phone's latest backup, the backup file and the new phone have to be on the same OS. So if you update your current phone to iOS17, then you would have to update your new phone once you get it before you can restore it.

Some skip the initial activation of the phone and either download the iOS update through WiFi, or they put the phone in restore mode and use (now) Finder on MacOS to download an update the new phone. After it's updated, you can than restore from the backup made whilst on iOS17.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I don't know what I'm going to do... I'm going to be at work all day on Friday.
Before the pre order i was deciding rather to do delivery or in store pick up. Im glad I went with in store pick up this time around. I thought of having it delivered to work but then i would miss the tracking.

Reactions: Kat1661 and three

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Anyone buying a thunderbolt cable just because even though you have no products that use it?
I bought a “USB 4” enclosure which turned out to be just a Thunderbolt enclosure. The good thing is now I have an extra Thunderbolt cable, but you do not need a Thunderbolt cable to get USB 3 speeds on iPhone 15 Pro. A USB C 3.1 cable is good enough and I think Amazonbasics sells some.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I think this is our answer regarding picking up at the UPS Customer Center or Access Point... Shoot.

View attachment 2266681

Two different camps on this one. Some are swearing that once in the States we should still be able to do a Pickup Hold like years before, but it seems Apple is telling UPS to not allow this. Fingers crossed that the former will hold true for another year.

Reactions: Wolfs
Well that is an interesting twist…Shanghai. First one I’ve seen on here that has that.
It looks like Canadian iPhones are coming from Shanghai, China.

Is it because they have a SIM card Tray in their iPhones? So it’s coming from a different iPhone production assembly plant?

Last edited:

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Two different camps on this one. Some are swearing that once in the States we should still be able to do a Pickup Hold like years before, but it seems Apple is telling UPS to not allow this. Fingers crossed that the former will hold true for another year.
Last year i did had the option to request a hold at ups cc even though my iPhone still was in China.

• Wow
Reactions: CaptMarvel

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Looks like I’m part of wave 1?
What are the weight details on your shipment? Could this be an Apple Watch? If weight is not .4kgs, then it's probably not an iPhone. Would be interesting though if phones are being made elsewhere in China other than Foxconn ZhengZhou.

Edit (2024 PDT): I'm catching up and I see this may be some relation to the Canadian PO Thread and maybe SIM vs non-Sim phones...sorry.

Last edited:

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
We decided to ditch AT&T and go to T-Mobile on Friday afternoon after I had pre-ordered so I had to cancel... I'm very impatiently waiting for my phone to be able to be ported so I can re-pre order. Somehow my Apple Store hasn't sold out of the config I want but I feel like its going to happen before tomorrow morning when I should be able to port... :(

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Wonderful! Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I do want to go to Burj Khalifa. It’s #1 on the list. Also, want to check out the new museum they just opened. Seems like there is so much to do. 🤯😳

View attachment 2266686

View attachment 2266693

P.S: Took a screenshot of this post.

I love the Titanium on the new iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I was there in 2016 and it’s changed so much since then! Can’t believe I forgot about dune bashing in the desert! Not for those with a weak stomach! Much fun!

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
We decided to ditch AT&T and go to T-Mobile on Friday afternoon after I had pre-ordered so I had to cancel... I'm very impatiently waiting for my phone to be able to be ported so I can re-pre order. Somehow my Apple Store hasn't sold out of the config I want but I feel like its going to happen before tomorrow morning when I should be able to port... :(
Good luck to you, what config are you trying to get? I’m in a similar boat but holding onto my preorder and Apple Support says I might be able to modify it at pickup

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
Good luck to you, what config are you trying to get? I’m in a similar boat but holding onto my preorder and Apple Support says I might be able to modify it at pickup
Pro Blue Titanium 256GB. I considered raw when I originally ordered but decided not to cave to peer pressure. Now I have no option at all really. They're even out of 1TB Raw Titanium ones! (Not like I was willing to pay that much just for a color, though...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.