Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
What storage sizes do you think will sell out first? Which will they have the most of?

I think it’s a toss up between smaller storage sizes and mid tier for the 15 and 15 Pro/Pro Max for which could go first with 1TB being the least sought after.

Demographic, location and user case all play a factor, so hard to say what will go first.

I’m sure some preorders will consists of people who didn’t preorder their preorder and fly by the seat of their pants either tomorrow morning or next Friday and buy whatever is available as well.

Reactions: Ronin73

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
so I saved to preorder Black Ti and ordered a Taupe case. Can’t decide what color of wallet to get.
IMG_1488.jpeg
IMG_1480.jpeg

but now it looks like white Ti also looks good with Blue case.
IMG_1486.jpeg
IMG_1490.jpeg
Now I can’t decide…

Reactions: Brad7

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Definitely looking at the regular 128GB iPhone 15 as an upgrade from my 6s.
Will need to get one for my wife as well, and since she likely will just want the Black one, I'll likely get the Green, which I'm telling myself is kind of like a Surf Green color, at least on the darker parts of it is. Blue looks nice too though. Definitely no Pink or Yellow though.

Reactions: hadleydb and Brad7

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Thanks for the input. Could you tell me more about the CarPlay systems you’re talking about? I looked into them not too long ago, but in order to play music through them, they had to be integrated into the sound system. And typically, they have their own amp which would pale in comparison to the one in my current system.
https://www.amazon.com/Touchscreen-...04010ad0&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Give this one a look. What I would try is to hook up the iPhone to the stereo with your cable and then send the car play on this device by Wireless CarPlay. There are also cable outputs on the CarPlay device.

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Am I missing something for the carrier set up? I can select everything for Verizon trade but I can't actually "get ready" it's just a greyed out continue button. And if I a save the phone set up, it doesn't save any of my trade in info.
They don’t offer this until tomorrow. You cannot pre pre order when financing thru a carrier

Expos of 1969

Suspended
Aug 25, 2013
Check this website: it is finally updated with this year’s iPhone 15 Models https://iphonestudio.app/iPhone Studio
I am not keen on the Taupe case. It may have a tendency to show dirt and scuffs more than a darker colour would. But it is your phone and only you can decide what look appeals to you. I am not a fan of the look of the wallet in any colour but again that is just me. Enjoy whatever you choose :)

Ronin73

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2021
I think it’s a toss up between smaller storage sizes and mid tier for the 15 and 15 Pro/Pro Max for which could go first with 1TB being the least sought after.

Demographic, location and user case all play a factor, so hard to say what will go first.

I’m sure some preorders will consists of people who didn’t preorder their preorder and fly by the seat of their pants either tomorrow morning or next Friday and buy whatever is available as well.
I wonder if type will matter...if you are buying unlocked outright vs carrier phone. I am ordering 512g Natural Titanium Pro Max unlocked outright purchase with no carrier. I am hoping that ups my chances of getting it by launch day.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Blue Pro Max 256 GB ready to go.
Moving from a 12 Mini, may it rest with its fellow two generation wonder (and my first Apple product ever) the iPod Mini.

Looking for any case recommendations, something MagSafe compatible that isn’t $49 or more.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Same goes for Verizon as well as they are also 36 months.
Yes!! And as I learned the hard way, you are locked in for the entire 36 months. If you try to pay off early, you lose all discounts that you have gotten. So do not buy through Verizon unless you are happy to keep the iPhone for 3 years.

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.