Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

dazzlingirl

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Looks like we have left Alaska!!! 💃🏽

Attachments

• IMG_1763.png
    IMG_1763.png
    294.2 KB · Views: 43

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
As much as I love this thread, there is no chance I will be intentionally sacrificing any sleep for it. My sleep is too precious to me. The downside is waking up to 25 new pages. 😰

Good morning! Happy review day!

grubman1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
Haven't picked up a new phone in store in over a decade. Do i have to activate my phone in the Apple store?

1) I need to get back to work
2) I want to put on my screen protector the very second I unbox

Thanks

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Haven't picked up a new phone in store in over a decade. Do i have to activate my phone in the Apple store?

1) I need to get back to work
2) I want to put on my screen protector the very second I unbox

Thanks
If you’re part of IUP you may need to return your previous iPhone if you haven’t made all 24 payments. I did pickup in 2019 and I had to setup my new iPhone and return my old iPhone before leaving the Apple Store. This took quite some time since I have a lot in my iCloud backup. Not sure if this is still the protocol still. You can probably buy a screen protector at the Apple Store?

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
As much as I enjoy this, I don’t have it in me to do yearly.
I’ve been doing this for Samsung and Pixel phones, too, for a few years. I’m usually hanging out with the Android crowd on this forum.

But I’m retiring from Samsung on the S23 Ultra for the next couple of years, it’s a great phone. I’m not sure about Pixels yet. I’m happy with a 7a I got for way under $300. It’s likely the 15 Pro Max will be my only major phone purchase for the next 12 months.

I’m trying to get my health back so I can do other things besides play with phones. Before I got seriously bogged down in caring for elderly family members and occasionally a sibling in law for the last few years, and then got overtaken by health problems of my own (probably caused by stress) I used to love doing landscaping work and hiking and volunteer work and sculpting and had other hobbies and interests.

But eventually it evolved that all I had time or energy to do was obsess over these gadgets. The rest of my time was racing between hospitals with elders and kid’s extracurriculars. I gave up everything else except volunteering.

I do still have a widowed father-in-law and mom to look after. And the family home to clean out and sell. But I’m pulling back on spending on phones and planning the next phase of my life that I hope I can focus a bit on myself finally. My husband and I have been taking care of other people for decades and we are exhausted.

DarkHorsed

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2023
Elm Springs, AR
If you’re part of IUP you may need to return your previous iPhone if you haven’t made all 24 payments. I did pickup in 2019 and I had to setup my new iPhone and return my old iPhone before leaving the Apple Store. This took quite some time since I have a lot in my iCloud backup. Not sure if this is still the protocol still. You can probably buy a screen protector at the Apple Store?
I purchased my iPhone 14 PM from apple financing but just now put myself on the IUP for the 15 PM and beyond. I really hope that I don't have to return my iPhone 14 PM....I kinda promised to give the 14PM to a family member...it's half way paid for.

grubman1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023

I am coming from Android so I'll be fresh, I am paying for my iPhone outright. I have a Spigen case and screen protector ready to go 😅 i am just very particular when i set up my phone and don't want to feel rushed

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I purchased my iPhone 14 PM from apple financing but just now put myself on the IUP for the 15 PM and beyond. I really hope that I don't have to return my iPhone 14 PM....I kinda promised to give the 14PM to a family member...it's half way paid for.
Oh if that’s the case, I think you do keep your 14PM. You’ll still be making payments so that’s fine. They only make your return your previous iPhone if you are doing the upgrade program and have made less than 24 payments and you’re not going to pay it in full. You probably can pickup your 15PM at the Apple Store and leave. You can set it it up at home without any pressure!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.