Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Wave 2 Team arrived Anchorage 11:31pm and left Anchorage 12:55am!
Stateside like most others this morning! Much more efficient timing than last year for me.

Part of the first wave out - heading to Kentucky!
Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 4.14.36 AM.png

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks, only options I see are to have it delivered another day, or to another address. I could have sworn by this point hold for pickup was an option. Hopefully once it arrives in KY.
Same here, but I couldn't even do those options, it would give me the same sender will not allow error.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
No, I tried but it keeps saying the sender doesn't allow for it. I think it has to clear customs in KY first??? Not sure.

Thanks, only options I see are to have it delivered another day, or to another address. I could have sworn by this point hold for pickup was an option. Hopefully once it arrives in KY.
I'm hoping we can put the CC hold once the phones are import scanned in Kentucky and about when Apple sends the "Shipped" e-mail and status updates change on Apple's order status page. That's traditionally when I was able to do that with a paid MyChoice membership.

However, more than a few have posted about talking with both Apple and UPS agents and are saying that Apple has put restrictions on UPS to only allow those two options of alternate address or different day. We'll have to see and keep trying I imagine, but I'm gonna at least wait until those arrival/import scans clear at UPS in KY.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
super late to the party but…. how do I get the full tracking number on UPS? this is what it gave me when I did my order number minus 2 digits as a “reference” on UPS

1695123354645.jpeg

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Just tell me if this is all I need to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Is this a correct set up? I only want to use the 5W Apple Charging brick to charge my iPhone. Nothing else.

View attachment 2268593
This won’t work because you need the usb that plugs into the brick and the cable you have is lightning to lightning. You need a regular usb to lightning and a dongle or a regular usb to usb c.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
Sigh. None of my vehicles is new enough to have CarPlay. 31 years and the “new” car from my dad is 15. I think the truck I sometimes drive came out one year before GM put CarPlay features in.
Mine is a 2015 Dodge Charger that doesn’t have CarPlay either. It’s paid off and I am in no rush to replace it. But when I do, my next car will have CarPlay.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Yes, I am still stuck too.
Same. We are in the “waveless group.”
You all are really in Wave 2 and not "Waveless". Sorry you still haven't left ZZ yet, but it will happen. Some of it is trying to find UPS flight that is inbound to ZZ and that'll be the best bet of a return flight out of there. The whole wave number thing has gotten a bit discombobulated b/c some initial "wave 2" phones were combined with "wave 1" phones that were scanned on Saturday vs Sunday. We should have based waves on departure from ZZ, really.

Apple/UPS work damn hard to make that committed delivery date. Try to rest easy and it will make it.

iLOLWUT

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Feel like I'm getting bamboozled on the tracking again this year. Last year didn't get full tracking till the day before launch, but still got my phone on launch.

Ordered my 15 pro max at 2:01am (Hawaii time) on the apple store app, got the email says monday sept 25th delivery (I'm in Hawaii, and it usually says that), and it's been preparing to ship every since. Girlfriend had no luck with the apple store app, didn't save her info, didn't load, kept crashing. Gave up and got it off ATT and says launch day delivery even though her order went in like 2:32am. No updated tracking on hers either.

UPS reference tracking shows the xxxx and the last 4 digits with a sept 22 delivery which is comforting. Shows me two of those with the same 22nd delivery, so gives me hope! Nothing in my choice showing up yet.

With a 2:01am (5:01am) order I figured I'd be on that first or second wave, killing me. Nothing updated on the credit card either, watching everyone get it a day early this year too!! Mother of god.

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I’ve been doing this for Samsung and Pixel phones, too, for a few years. I’m usually hanging out with the Android crowd on this forum.

But I’m retiring from Samsung on the S23 Ultra for the next couple of years, it’s a great phone. I’m not sure about Pixels yet. I’m happy with a 7a I got for way under $300. It’s likely the 15 Pro Max will be my only major phone purchase for the next 12 months.

I’m trying to get my health back so I can do other things besides play with phones. Before I got seriously bogged down in caring for elderly family members and occasionally a sibling in law for the last few years, and then got overtaken by health problems of my own (probably caused by stress) I used to love doing landscaping work and hiking and volunteer work and sculpting and had other hobbies and interests.

But eventually it evolved that all I had time or energy to do was obsess over these gadgets. The rest of my time was racing between hospitals with elders and kid’s extracurriculars. I gave up everything else except volunteering.

I do still have a widowed father-in-law and mom to look after. And the family home to clean out and sell. But I’m pulling back on spending on phones and planning the next phase of my life that I hope I can focus a bit on myself finally. My husband and I have been taking care of other people for decades and we are exhausted.

Android can be a fun space to inhabit. It can also take more outta you than Apple. I've lived over there too, and as much as I enjoyed Android for what it does, you have to stay on top of so much more, like manufacturer, updates (frequency, timeliness, duration, quality), skins, apps added, apps replaced - and that's after all the stuff that you would compare in the Apple world, like features, form, price. And you have to do that for a longer period during the year, in fact most of the year because of the multiple manufacturers in the space.

So when I hear you say you're reluctant to go from Galaxy to Nexus (both great brands, worlds apart in overall experience), I can relate. When I hear you throwing a PM into the mix, I'm intrigued!

You mention family, and, not to gloss over your experience here, I think part of the reason in our family for the Apple lineup is our moms - getting that call asking for help on a phone you've never seen with a skin you've never seen... not fun. At least when your mom is ignoring your instructions on the phone, you have an idea of where she went and how to get her back where you wanted her to go! And when they've both lost their husbands in the last couple of years, being able to sort that out becomes... more important, I guess.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn that into an iPhone vs Android post, but this definitely invoked some memories. I hope your next year finds you having the time to take care of... you!

This is a fun chat/purchase experience - I've had iPhones for years, but this is the first time I've joined the crew here watching it unfold, and as fun as it is... I'll probably be back here for the 18 or 19!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Feel like I'm getting bamboozled on the tracking again this year. Last year didn't get full tracking till the day before launch, but still got my phone on launch.

Ordered my 15 pro max at 2:01am (Hawaii time) on the apple store app, got the email says monday sept 25th delivery (I'm in Hawaii, and it usually says that), and it's been preparing to ship every since. Girlfriend had no luck with the apple store app, didn't save her info, didn't load, kept crashing. Gave up and got it off ATT and says launch day delivery even though her order went in like 2:32am. No updated tracking on hers either.

UPS reference tracking shows the xxxx and the last 4 digits with a sept 22 delivery which is comforting. Shows me two of those with the same 22nd delivery, so gives me hope! Nothing in my choice showing up yet.

With a 2:01am (5:01am) order I figured I'd be on that first or second wave, killing me. Nothing updated on the credit card either, watching everyone get it a day early this year too!! Mother of god.
My husband and I got up at the same time and I got into the store probably 3 minutes before he did. He got my tracking number from UPS My choice right away.

Unfortunately his order hasn’t yielded anything yet. I don’t know about credit card charges because I don’t have the log in for that on my phone. I’d have to pull that up on the computer in my husband’s office and even he isn’t bothering with it. He’s confident it will be here Friday. Our adult daughter’s paying for her pink iPhone but my husband ordered it for her. No info on that one, either.

I’m hoping we get information today. I bet those phones come in to Kentucky with mine and then we will finally get an avalanche of tracking information. That happened with my iPhone last year.

dstew201

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2016
Been in IUP for my 3rd upgrade now to the 15PM. I did the same thing, promising my 14PM to my daughter. Everything I've read to this point says to me (at least), no, I cannot keep my 14PM. IUP seems to really force the trade in.

What I did: ATT offered $830 in credits over 36 months for her old iPhone 12. So I upgraded her on ATT to a 15P with 256GB (cause you want the Pro-Res Recording) and I wanted it to last her the 3 years of the upgrade contract. This is only adding about $8/month to our cellular bill. I think Verizon had similar credit offers for device trade-ins.

To compare, Apple would have given about $250 maybe on Trade-in of the 12. so real resale value was dismal. And, the credit with ATT was about the exact same as what I owed - 50% of my 14PM's remaining balance.

You may be lucky to keep it since this is your first step into IUP and you're not really upgrading an IUP phone...but you may or should pay off your 14PM then. Hope it works out for you - but come next year, you may have to really turn in your 15PM. Good Luck!
Just keep it, you don’ have to turn it in, the loan will just continue for the next 12 months… OR just pay it off.

I gave my wife my Xs and essentially had 2 loans under IUP.

Reactions: ad5ll and julit0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.