Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Did anybody get Arrival Scan yet?

I have not. I am guessing we were not on the flight, were we?!
I panicked.

i just received the Arrival Scan!

we made it to Incheon, Seoul, wave 2B!

IMG_1611.jpeg

Reactions: efjarvis

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Good morning all! 24 pages for me to catch up on this AM. Everyone go get a drink and a snack, take a bathroom break while I catch up, please 🙏🏻

What’s the name of the YouTuber again, doing the SDF livestream? Going back in to find it, but with my luck I’d find it 5 minutes after landing 😜

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
We talking phone+watch docks? The king: Nomad Base One Max.

View attachment 2269038
Yep well they are important to me and how I charge my iphone PM’s and my soon to arrive 15 PM. There are lots of alternatives that as we have probably over discussed suit each of us. I like these wher emy watch and iphone are all in nice compact area/footprint for the small space I have available.

IMG_8943.jpeg

Last edited:

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Yeah someone told me about these and it works just great for me as well. It will do wall with my new 15 ProMax as it has for month I have had it with 14PM. Since there was some talk early this AM when I could not sleep about charging techniques I thought it was worth mentioning my love of the MagSafe charging.

Now interesting point and will want to see what the 15 ProMax does I do get warming (not hot) on the old apple puck. It was nice they added the fan on back of this and it is not sitting flat so up in air now completely cool all the time.
Yep, I use a combo of wired and wireless charging for my phone, so it will be nice the have that flexibility with this charger and the switch to USB-C. My goal was to have a charging station that could handle all of my main devices in one unit. So this should meet all of those needs - iPhone, Apple Watch, Airpods, Beats Fit, Work Phone, and iPad can all be charged at the same time with one plug in the wall.

• Love
Reactions: rjjacobson

AnClar

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Seems as though 6:20PM on 9/17 China time was some sort of cutoff time. Folks who got a 6:20 or earlier scan seem to be out of China. Those after, still in ZZ, including one of mine. We had a 6:22 scan at ZZ on 9/17. That was last activity on that phone.

Reactions: caoimhe

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Yep, I use a combo of wired and wireless charging for my phone, so it will be nice the have that flexibility with this charger and the switch to USB-C. My goal was to have a charging station that could handle all of my main devices in one unit. So this should meet all of those needs - iPhone, Apple Watch, Airpods, Beats Fit, Work Phone, and iPad can all be charged at the same time with one plug in the wall.
My question is this: does wired VS wireless effect battery life/health?

Reactions: rjjacobson

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
With all these tracking updates, it is getting harder for me to keep it secret that the Nat TI 256 15PM + 2 Casely cases are coming on a launch day - wife doesn't know that. She gave up on upgrading this year. Trying my best to keep my mouth shut.

Meanwhile excited for myself to jump on 14PM from 11 on the Sep 22 launch day.:)

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Good morning! Happy Tuesday!

It is September 19, 2023, at 5:25 AM PDT.

I’m pleased to announce that 9/16 - Wave 1 and 9/17 (some members of Wave 2) are on their way to Louisville, Kentucky. They are expected to arrive soon. Please expect, the “Arrival to Facility” scan to hit. After this, there will be NO MORE ACTIVITY UNTIL THURSDAY.

9/17 Wave 2B Some of you were left behind because the 🛃 customs clearance was not fully completed today is your day to travel expect lots of activity. You guys will be up in the air most of the day! Track UPS 173. Link: https://www.flightradar24.com/UPS173/3217454d

The embargo for the iPhone 15 lineup is expected to go live today at 6 AM PDT.

Today is probably going to be a long day for me. I have to go to a stupid last-minute in-person conference. I will try to see if I can catch up with this thread while I'm there but chances seem unlikely. It's only 5 hours long and I hope it gets wrapped up sooner than expected. I don't want to come back catching up with 40 pages. My worst fear!

I hope everyone is going to have a wonderful day! Take care and help each other out. We have lots of amazing people here in this thread who are very helpful.

For today's Photo of the Day. This shot was taken with an iPhone 14 Pro Max on February 19, 2023, at 6:20 PM. It felt like I was dreaming! Lost and away from this world. Away from the problems and worries. Cannon Beach, Oregon. 🌲

View attachment 2268910
Nice! Here's one I snagged with my 14 Pro last week as some storms were rolling in.
IMG_0717.jpeg

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Would a stacked battery automatically mean a thicker iPhone?
No, it is just a different technology for actually building the lithium ion battery. Conventional tech is to wrap the battery layers, like you are rolling up a cinnamon roll - but the stacked battery would fold the layers, like lamination for making good flaky pastry. This means that the battery fills those rounded corners up with actual battery layers - giving you a bigger battery capacity in the same effective space.

F1RhTocacAAVwtO

Last edited:
Reactions: StudioMacs

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
The Walmart website let me set up a return, going to see if I can get refunded for the SE that got stolen from me…wish me luck
Good luck! Really hoping you are able to get this resolved and either get your money back or get the phone you were promised 💓

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
Seems as though 6:20PM on 9/17 China time was some sort of cutoff time. Folks who got a 6:20 or earlier scan seem to be out of China. Those after, still in ZZ, including one of mine. We had a 6:22 scan at ZZ on 9/17. That was last activity on that phone.
There was definitely a cut off time but I don't know what it was. My last scan in ZZ was 6:22pm and my phone is currently flying over the States to Louisville. But it does seem like some of that batch made it on the plane and some had to wait for the next one.

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
My question is this: does wired VS wireless effect battery life/health?
Most of the information I have seen is that it does not. Apple is very good at managing charging temps in the phone to not damage the battery. Wireless is usually a slower trickle, which may be better - but equally wireless creates more heat on the back of the device, which may be worse. When I plug in my 13PM it gets hot as well, so not sure it makes much of a difference.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha124

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I just ordered this yesterday. Comes tomorrow! Look forward to upgrading my bedside charging setup!

btw... discovered last night - Standby mode also works if you're just plugged in via Lightning/USB-C and turn on its side. Less elegant - but works!

Yep and Standby turns into Night Mode for when you sleep like the Ultra has..honestly my fav iOS 17 improvement.

You know that Standby feature is a test run for a touchscreen HomePod coming soon

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I have lots of fossils around my tech in office so having elevated charging space in small footprint was a win

IMG_8944.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.