Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
lol yeah it does look nice... I like the folding convenience of the magsafe duo for traveling. but I am looking for an alternative that fast charges the apple watch. I was really bummed when Apple didnt announce an updated version at the event.
It is very odd, for the price Nomad charges, that the Watch puck isn't fast-charging. For me, I suppose, I don't travel with this, and at night when I charge my watch, I have plenty of time to let it get to 100% after a full day.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Yep well they are important to me and how I charge my iphone PM’s and my soon to arrive 15 PM. There are lots of alternatives that as we have probably over discussed suit each of us. I like these wher emy watch and iphone are all in nice compact area/footprint for the small space I have available.

View attachment 2269060
Amazing collection!

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Do any of the pilots (or anyone else who knows) have a flight number for destination (DTW) Detroit airport from Muhammad Ali (KY) airport or are there too many to know which one would be picking up the iPhones landing in about 15 minutes today?

It's the major airport in Romulus, MI (DTW) not the small "City Airport" that's actually in Detroit.

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I’m getting a little worried about the hold for pickup option. I ordered a Mac laptop last month, and Apple restricted the package from being held for pickup. I wonder if their policy has changed.
I am too. Many folks stated I was getting ahead of myself with the pick-up option and to wait till it arrives in the USA but both UPS and Apple reps told me that their policy indeed did change and UPS CC pick up isnt an option anymore.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
It is very odd, for the price Nomad charges, that the Watch puck isn't fast-charging. For me, I suppose, I don't travel with this, and at night when I charge my watch, I have plenty of time to let it get to 100% after a full day.
Agreed... The only time I take off my watch is when I am showering and getting dressed so that's when I slap it on the charger for a while... having the fast charger would be very beneficial for me.

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
lol yeah it does look nice... I like the folding convenience of the magsafe duo for traveling. but I am looking for an alternative that fast charges the apple watch. I was really bummed when Apple didnt announce an updated version at the event.
If you are not in a rush this one from ESR meets basically every potential charging need you could have - and allows you to have the standby mode at night.

I backed them on kickstarter and it should be shipping out next month. They moved from there to indiegogo to collect additional pre-orders. Also, they have a 3-in-1 that @rjjacobsen showed off, but you have to string the apple watch cord into it. That would allow you to get the fast charging at a cheaper price though - Amazon link below.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
There’s probably Wave 3.
I would say for those with this timestamp below and still in ZZ. They are part of Wave 2 that were left behind. They should be labeled now as Wave 2C. 😅

Arrived at Facility
09/17/2023 6:22 PM
ZhengZhou, CN

Wave 1 and some Wave 2 (2A) are about to land or prolly landed already in Louisville, KY.

Wave 2B got split. I ordered two iPhones and only one made it to Seoul with the following recent scans:

Arrived at Facility
09/19/2023 10:25 PM
Incheon, KR

Departed from Facility
09/19/2023 7:40 PM
ZhengZhou, CN

Arrived at Facility
09/17/2023 6:22 PM
ZhengZhou, CN

if you have the same timestamps above, you are with Wave 2B Crew!

can you keep up with these different Waves? Lol

Reactions: efjarvis

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Thank you for ranking them.

Honestly, I'm a Gemini. My birthday is in June. We are known to be indecisive and have split personality. Having that being said that, they all look great to me. But the one that stood out the most to me was:

Sierra Blue 🩵. Apple did an amazing job with the color. It was refreshing and had a cool feeling about it. Still to this day, I use it daily and I praise the color.

Natural Titanium looks great. It gives me classic retro vibes. It's different. You can tell it's a new iPhone 15 Pro Max model.

Midnight Green was nice but the color started showing discoloration 1 year later.

Deep Purple looks cool. I have a love-and-hate feeling towards it. It's purple. It's nice but it got boring over time.

Pacific Blue: One of a kind. It will always remind me of COVID times. Even with the whole world being shut down. I was glad Apple iPhone Project Management team pulled it off while working from home via Zoom meetings.

F6C0P-aWEAEY7u-
Dear friend,now I understand. I have noticed that we almost always agree. And now I know why. We are both a Gemini. Makes perfect sense now!!
As i get caught up, I am not responding to the posts, but this one was too important to not reply!😊

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Last edited:

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I’m getting a little worried about the hold for pickup option. I ordered a Mac laptop last month, and Apple restricted the package from being held for pickup. I wonder if their policy has changed.
I believe that will be the case. Id you were not able to request a UPS cc for the Mac then Apple does have the restrictions in place so looks like it will have to be delivered

Reactions: Pipper99

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
If you are not in a rush this one from ESR meets basically every potential charging need you could have - and allows you to have the standby mode at night.

I backed them on kickstarter and it should be shipping out next month. They moved from there to indiegogo to collect additional pre-orders. Also, they have a 3-in-1 that @rjjacobsen showed off, but you have to string the apple watch cord into it. That would allow you to get the fast charging at a cheaper price though - Amazon link below.

I'll give it a look, thank you

Reactions: ATX_wapiti

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
I love the fast charging on phone or watch with these pucks and the ESR I have does that. The only problem with apples pucks and this is that my iPhone 14 PM is well optimized and charges rest of way to 100 percent by 4AM to 7AM when I getup. But on apples charger for AW Ultra and this new one my watch keeps wanting to go back (on optimized) to charging only to 80 percent by time I am up. So some nights I force it and then for a night or so it is back. I want to have it at level of learning that my 14 PM and soon 15 PM can achieve. Wonder if the limitation on CPU and such for AWs is a factor in how fast it learns my preferences and habits for AW?
Hmm, not sure. I would assume that they would just offload some of that processing to the iPhone. It is probably a good thing that you don't charge your watch over 80-90% to save the battery from extra stress though. Unless you are going on a backpacking trip, you can probably make it through the day quite easily with just 80% battery on an Ultra.

Reactions: CarolG

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Thank you for ranking them.

Honestly, I'm a Gemini. My birthday is in June. We are known to be indecisive and have split personality. Having that being said that, they all look great to me. But the one that stood out the most to me was:

Sierra Blue 🩵. Apple did an amazing job with the color. It was refreshing and had a cool feeling about it. Still to this day, I use it daily and I praise the color.

Natural Titanium looks great. It gives me classic retro vibes. It's different. You can tell it's a new iPhone 15 Pro Max model.

Midnight Green was nice but the color started showing discoloration 1 year later.

Deep Purple looks cool. I have a love-and-hate feeling towards it. It's purple. It's nice but it got boring over time.

Pacific Blue: One of a kind. It will always remind me of COVID times. Even with the whole world being shut down. I was glad Apple iPhone Project Management team pulled it off while working from home via Zoom meetings.

F6C0P-aWEAEY7u-
I knew you were a Gemini! I knew it! Lol me too June 11

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.