Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I am with you there. It added to the whole preorder process having to get up in the middle of the night EST. Also back then there was no pre-pre order so it really was a mad scramble when the site/app went live.

Those additional carrier questions could really make or break your release day guarantee or send you out two weeks sulking. Talk about FOMO, anxiety and heartbreak all rolled into one.

Reactions: 5105973

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
Those fine woven cases look skeptical to me. I don't know how I feel about their lifespan of looking nice, after seeing them and reading others complaints. Still not sure if I'm going naked, or will find a case prior to next friday.

trnjackie23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Am I understanding it right that if you buy an iPhone through AT&T's store, it will be locked, however, if you buy it through Apple.com with the AT&T finance plan (using the trade-in deal), it will be unlocked since it's officially bought through Apple? Or is it still carrier locked to AT&T?

Edit:
nvm it is still locked, I just noticed the blurb on the product page

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
While I also appreciate the 8am preorder time, man it was a rush setting alarms for 2:50am and 2:55am and scrambling trying to get a preorder in while half awake. When in actuality I wasn’t even able to sleep the night before, waking up every hour on the hour.

I am with you there. It added to the whole preorder process having to get up in the middle of the night EST. Also back then there was no pre-pre order so it really was a mad scramble when the site/app went live.

I don't know why but part of me misses the 250am and 255am alarms getting up for 3AM. It was kinda of fun trying to get a launch day phone that early in the morning, before pre-preorders haha

This year may be a bit more hectic though because usually the pre-preorders were just for iUP customers but now it seems to be open to everyone so I have a feeling were going to see much bigger slowdowns.

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago
I remember when I ordered my current iPhone 13 Pro Max and was upgrading from my 11 Pro Max, I could not move forward with the preorder until the remaining balance was paid. This could have been because of the trade in credit or not having two leases on the same line for two different devices at the same time.
Even though the Apple rep stated it won't cause an issue, I'm just going to go ahead and pay it off now.

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
Those fine woven cases look skeptical to me. I don't know how I feel about their lifespan of looking nice, after seeing them and reading others complaints. Still not sure if I'm going naked, or will find a case prior to next friday.
Yeah, I'm disappointed in that change. I always get a leather case and the matching magsafe wallet. I don't care that its not leather that is offered but from what I'm hearing these new cases have a velvet like feel to them and I can't imagine that holding up at all.

Reactions: jbjarko

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Not sure if I’ll like it too. Might get Nomad leather down the line…

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
There are many 15PM cases showing up on Amazon, I ordered myself one last night that will be here today. I have made the mistake several times of ordering a case from Apple and over all just not that happy with it and end up returning it. I do have my doubts on the new case. I think they are going to be hard to keep clean and will look dirty quickly.

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
IMG_1819.jpeg

Winter Blue Silicone case. I thought it was going to be a lighter blue but I still like it.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Outright? no. There will be iPPM 15's delivered on Sept 22. Like previous years there will be some configurations that are more popular than others that will have their delivery dates pushed back.
The sooner you can order the better chance it gets dropped off at your doorstep on the 22nd
Good to know. I have it setup in the Apple Store app for tomorrow morning. I might have it set to pickup at the Apple Store since it's less than 10 minutes from where I live, unless delivery would be a better option/chance to get it on release day.

ryguyMN

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2023
Enjoy the 15s! Going to stick with my XS for one more year since iOS 17 will more than likely be the last OS update for it. The titanium finish does look nice...would probably get the 15P blue titanium if I was upgrading.

tangfish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Why its the second year without sim card tray? You get used to it.

I’ll ‘get used to it’ when there are no longer any carriers I need to use while traveling that don’t support eSIM. Until then, it continues to suck D.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Alright, so I'm getting mixed answers. As of right now, since I owe money on my 14 pro max, I'm assuming I'll get screwed over tomorrow during the check out process even though Apple says everything should be fine.

• Sad
Reactions: Brad7

Kinggi

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2020
Alright, so I'm getting mixed answers. As of right now, since I owe money on my 14 pro max, I'm assuming I'll get screwed over tomorrow during the check out process even though Apple says everything should be fine.
Do you owe money through citizens??? If so, when tomorrow comes you will open a new contract, and the other contract you will still make payments on. But you will still be able to purchase the phone, do it every year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.