Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Do you owe money through citizens??? If so, when tomorrow comes you will open a new contract, and the other contract you will still make payments on. But you will still be able to purchase the phone, do it every year.
No, the money is owed through Verizon since the device is on a payment plan. I'm trying to get out of the rat race of Verizons payment plans and getting on the apple upgrade program.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
if one is going for 15/15 Plus in pink I think this is a nice combo:
MT173_AV1

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
How am I this late to this thread? Will I be on time for my funeral even!?

Upgrading my iPhone 14 Pro to the 15 Pro and doing the same for my wife. Carrier deals make it a free swap so it is a no brainer.

The feature shift I am most nervous about is losing the ringer rocker switch. I get why and I look forward to using the button. I just feel like both would be great.

My guess though. The new button will become an iPhone “Pro” exclusive and won’t make it down to the non-pro models.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Alright, so I'm getting mixed answers. As of right now, since I owe money on my 14 pro max, I'm assuming I'll get screwed over tomorrow during the check out process even though Apple says everything should be fine.
When you are saying you owe money for your 14 pro max, are you financed with a carrier?

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Yes. The phone is financed through Verizon.
Okay well you should be fine. the iUP is separate but you just won't be able to trade your 14 PM in until you pay that off. I had 1 year where I financed the 12 pro max through verizon and i did the iUP on 13 pro max. I had the same message but it went fine. It just meant i had to pay for verizon monthly and iup, but I do not recommend this way because you end up paying for 2 phones. My recommendation is just pay off your 14 pro max if you can unless you have a bill credit?

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Okay well you should be fine. the iUP is separate but you just won't be able to trade your 14 PM in until you pay that off. I had 1 year where I financed the 12 pro max through verizon and i did the iUP on 13 pro max. I had the same message but it went fine. It just meant i had to pay for verizon monthly and iup, but I do not recommend this way because you end up paying for 2 phones. My recommendation is just pay off your 14 pro max if you can unless you have a bill credit?
Thank you. There is an option with Verizon to pay off 50% of the phone and trade it in. Should I do this and just be done with Verizon's upgrading process? To be frank, I'm quite tired of Verizon.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
No. It’s not going to make any difference. You should though look on the Amazon website for some of the new products that add CarPlay to your old car. They work by themselves and have nothing to do with your stereo. They also add wireless CarPlay.
For the wireless CarPlay option, your vehicle I think have to already have wired CarPlay before buying the adapter.

Reactions: MatthewStorm

PrimeTimeMKTO

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2014
Minnesota
I haven’t even put thought into the case yet. I usually pull the trigger on those after I successfully pull off the preorder.
I already ordered mine since Caudabe already has some colors/models either on backorder or preorder. I need my case to be here when my phone arrives so I ordered it right away when they launched yesterday.

Reactions: Trozetar

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Thank you. There is an option with Verizon to pay off 50% of the phone and trade it in. Should I do this and just be done with Verizon's upgrading process? To be frank, I'm quite tired of Verizon.
My understanding of this 50% pay off just mean you can trade it in and then upgrade a new line. so if you only payed 50%, you technically still owe the other 50%.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
My understanding of this 50% pay off just mean you can trade it in and then upgrade a new line. so if you only payed 50%, you technically still owe the other 50%.
Ugh this is quite the headache. I really don't want to pay $600 up front to buy the 15. I also want to join the AUP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.