Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
Anyone here still stuck in China!

Please report. Iā€™m still catching up with this thread..
IMG_8631.jpeg
Me

Hi. Can I ask a dumb question about what wave I am in: If my tracking says I have departed for Louisville as of 11:03am?

And I want to give a shout out to @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø because I followed her instructions in the post about the international phone number for UPS to help unmask my tracking number that was only populating the last 4 digits. As she indicated, I asked for an agent maybe 5 times to bypass the computer lady and I got THE ABSOLUTE MOST helpful person on the line. Who, after I verified only the destination zip code, gave me my entire tracking number and told me that it cleared import customs yesterday.

Now I had to laugh gently at the nice lady who must not have known anything about Apple go-live days because she paused and said, oh - it's already in the US and has cleared import customs. After that, the package should be delivered within 1-2 business days, yet your package still shows a delivery of Friday September 22, can you hold while I talk to someone about getting this to you sooner? I told her I didn't need her to check anything - there was nobody that she could talk to that would get this to me prior to that date, but I appreciated all her work getting the information she got me.

So, I know someone was having trouble and Yay was going to call for that person, but she wasn't wrong - it just took having the destination information available and all the numbers ame out. And yes, I know this was literally 100+ pages ago but I didn't read everything about 5W chargers (which has a lot of merit - I am just impatient at times).

Anyway - so back to my original question - I lost track of waves and hoping I can find out who I am traveling with.

Thanks,
Thank you!! šŸ™šŸ»

Excellent! Glad it worked out for you! I believe in miracles. They do happen. We just donā€™t realize it.

Check the Origin Scan from China. (First stamp)

9/16- Wave 1
9/17- Wave 2

What does it say?

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Thank you for an update!

Btw, whatā€™s your tracking looking like? Part of wave 1 or 2?

Funnily enough, neither! I'm waiting for everyone else to get theirs, plus waiting for the manufacturer of the case I use to announce that they have them ready, which they just did announce for preorder:

If I pull the trigger on the 15 Pro/Max now, because of the backlog, I should get it around the same time the case arrives.

BL.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thank you!! šŸ™šŸ»

Excellent! Glad it worked out for you! I believe in miracles. They do happen. We just donā€™t realize it.

Check the Origin Scan from China. (First stamp)

9/16- Wave 1
9/17- Wave 2

What does it say?
Ahh - thank you. Origin scan is 9/16 so wave 1 it is. Very excited to officially be part of a wave!

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Hey everyone! Side note, I know there is a thread for this, but this one's more poppin so thought I'd ask here. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a case for my white 15 PM? I bought a spigen ultra hybrid for it, but not sure how long my phone will live in it. Thanks everyone!

laffnvegas

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2014
Desert South West
Good Morning (sill morning here in Las Vegas) Have been busy this morning and my first chance to log into UPS and MacRumors. I see my phone is now in Louisville.
Cannot Wait till Friday.
I used the new Standby mode on my new Charger last night and love it.

Last Updated: 9/19/2023 at 11:07 AM
Shipment DetailsShipment DetailsShipment ProgressShipment Progress

9/19/2023
11:03 AM
On the Way
Arrived at Facility
Louisville, KY, United States
9/19/2023
10:45 AM

Departed from Facility
Incheon, Korea, South

jkincheloe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2020
Austin, TX
Hey everyone! Side note, I know there is a thread for this, but this one's more poppin so thought I'd ask here. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a case for my white 15 PM? I bought a spigen ultra hybrid for it, but not sure how long my phone will live in it. Thanks everyone!
Love Pitaka's offerings, although they are not cheap.

Reactions: Djones96

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Why does Cookie Monster like cookies? Lol.

Iā€™m sure this was sarcasm, but sometimes people receive their devices on time, sometimes a day after or on rare occasion early. No harm in a tracking party. Itā€™s about devices and camaraderie šŸ˜Ž
At this point, at least for me, the emphasis is on camaraderie

I think I would like to join as well. The peel clear case seems tempting (i.e., I just placed an order for it). One broken phone after going caseless brought me to the case life. But clear is the only way to go for #teamblue.
The more the merrier. We are a small but mighty bunch!
I don't like waiting for things.

200.gif
reminds me of this gem

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.