Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Does anyone know how horrific the in-store pickup experience is on release day?
It's a good experience. You line up outside the store, they check your pick up time and then they let you in at the assigned time...you pick up the device and you are good to go. I have kept my old device at 🏡 to do a back up and restore and then mail off the old iphone

Reactions: Brad7 and srbNYC

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
This is correct. I do sleep just not during iPhone week. But slow charging takes in effect full force while I sleep. I wake up with a 100% battery life. It’s the best feeling ever.
I mean you can wake up to 100% charged battery with a non-garbage charger as well and have that same feeling.

200.gif

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
It looks like the pilot is making a turn to land. Let's go!!!

View attachment 2267959

View attachment 2269415 I got the same Exception alert too.

it is not too late to panic though. I have been to this situation before.

We still have 48 hours to get to Louisville.
trust Apple and UPS for 9/22 delivery. 😎

I wouldn't worry. Your phones are just getting another chance to get in line for the next sale of tickets for the next BTS show. :p

BL.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Hi. Can I ask a dumb question about what wave I am in: If my tracking says I have departed for Louisville as of 11:03am?

And I want to give a shout out to @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ because I followed her instructions in the post about the international phone number for UPS to help unmask my tracking number that was only populating the last 4 digits. As she indicated, I asked for an agent maybe 5 times to bypass the computer lady and I got THE ABSOLUTE MOST helpful person on the line. Who, after I verified only the destination zip code, gave me my entire tracking number and told me that it cleared import customs yesterday.

Now I had to laugh gently at the nice lady who must not have known anything about Apple go-live days because she paused and said, oh - it's already in the US and has cleared import customs. After that, the package should be delivered within 1-2 business days, yet your package still shows a delivery of Friday September 22, can you hold while I talk to someone about getting this to you sooner? I told her I didn't need her to check anything - there was nobody that she could talk to that would get this to me prior to that date, but I appreciated all her work getting the information she got me.

So, I know someone was having trouble and Yay was going to call for that person, but she wasn't wrong - it just took having the destination information available and all the numbers ame out. And yes, I know this was literally 100+ pages ago but I didn't read everything about 5W chargers (which has a lot of merit - I am just impatient at times).

Anyway - so back to my original question - I lost track of waves and hoping I can find out who I am traveling with.

Thanks,

jkincheloe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2020
Austin, TX
View attachment 2269411 I think I’m wave 2B, should we be worried about this? Hoping it’s just a slight delay and we get a flight heading to Anchorage next.
Private Pilot here. According to the TAF at Incheon, conditions are suitable for flight however there appears to be a drop in visibility predicted for around 9:00 AM local time. Hard to determine what the actual weather issue is as other flights are operating.

Attachments

• IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 26

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
This is correct. I do sleep just not during iPhone week. But slow charging takes in effect full force while I sleep. I wake up with a 100% battery life. It’s the best feeling ever.

I mean you can wake up to 100% charged battery with a non-garbage charger as well and have that same feeling.

200.gif
What does it feel like

Pure satisfaction! Approved by @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ I don’t know how to describe the feeling. You have to experience it on your own. 🥰 🤗

At least we know size doesn't matter to @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ 🤣

Last edited:

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
So I’m one of those guys who missed the window and my delivery is in November.

When does the same day store pickup option open? Is it on Friday 9/22 midnight or 10am?
Is this even possible?
The one year my launch pickup got delayed, I was able to find one for pickup on Saturday, but I don't know if you can do it on Friday already?

Reactions: n3sh

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Lol you sound like my husband! My phone has been chilling in Louisville since 11:03 AM Eastern time and my Apple status STILL says Preparing to Ship. :rolleyes: My husband hasn’t gotten any information yet and he doesn’t care at all. How did I marry someone like this!!!??? I think he’s being extra chill just to watch me go all 🤯😵‍💫.

This isn’t a forum emoji so I don’t know if it will work but this is me 🫨 when he says he doesn’t know if he’s got a tracking number because he hasn’t checked.
I didn’t realize we were sister wives. Mr Wolfs is the exact same! Whatever his Apple Store app tells him is good enough.

kevinwiz

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2007
socal
Thinking of listing my iPhone 11 on eBay today in advance of my 15 arriving on Friday. I would make it a 5 day auction so it ends on Sunday and I can ship to the buyer on Monday. Is this a bad idea for some reason I haven't considered?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.