Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
An update for those who want to request UPS to hold your package: I called Apple per UPS's suggestion that Apple are the ones who placed restrictions on orders from Apple which started sometime a few weeks/months ago this year.

We should take this as a grain of salt but the Apple representative informed that there was an increase of activity that they could not control and that they indeed placed restrictions due to thefts from internally at UPS with requesting holds at hubs and external folks taking advantage of the UPS Hold my package location.

However, per the Apple Customer Service rep, Apple CS will have the ability to remove restrictions if requested by the customer only when the order status at Apple reflects as "on route" to customer with a tracking no. Only Apple can make this request on behalf of the customer.

Looping the community in as I know many folxs pick-up at UPS hubs. Let's hope this is the case. I'll keep everyone updated.
Thats good info. So basically we have to contact Apple as technically they are the shipper to lift the restrictions per that traxking no.. got it

ck3801

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Boulder, CO
IMG_8631.jpeg
Well this is interesting

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Just errors out. Nice update from @LLL1424 . Seems like Apple is trying to protect us from ourselves for our own good. 😆
I know I posted before, but it was maybe 2021 and I was doing a CC pickup and an employee there had just gotten hauled off by the police for trying to steal iPhones.

So Maybe Apple doesn't want all the refund or replacement headaches if UPS fails to deliver to your door b/c of UPS's own internal security. Oh Well - maybe one of us will get through or do the request to Apple thing. I don't know if I want to risk my delivery that bad.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 10.44.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 10.47.54 AM.png

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Thank you! I don’t know why people are mad that in 2023 I still prefer using 5W Apple charging adapter.
But what happens if you have a busy full day using your phone, where you can't keep it plugged in while using it, so you are down to say 20% and then you are going out that night. Don't you want fast charging for that instance?

Icealicy

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Just got this update from Aftership app. UPS app is still showing no departure scan after arriving in South Korea. UPS 99 is well on its way…. We will see if I’m on that flight or not. I’m supposed to be wave 2B.

Attachments

• 54C8351B-023F-440D-BD53-FDB93A388080.jpeg
    54C8351B-023F-440D-BD53-FDB93A388080.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 47

jkincheloe

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2020
Austin, TX
correct. and its debatable that you can even show up earlier than 15 - 30 minutes for your pickup time. I got noon for Austin, that was the soonest available, but I wanted to camp out .
Also in Austin and got 8:15 AM-8:30 AM at Domain Northside. How early should one get there to be served close to opening at this store? Is camping out necessary?

Reactions: Wolfs

jediandrew97

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
IMG_0284.jpeg
I think I’m wave 2B, should we be worried about this? Hoping it’s just a slight delay and we get a flight heading to Anchorage next.

• Wow
Reactions: JaisHTX
But what happens if you have a busy full day using your phone, where you can't keep it plugged in while using it, so you are down to say 20% and then you are going out that night. Don't you want fast charging for that instance?
In rare circumstances yes. I would prefer fast charging but I prefer slow-charging first. That gets a priority and I charge my iPhone every night.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Also in Austin and got 8:15 AM-8:30 AM at Domain Northside. How early should one get there to be served close to opening at this store? Is camping out necessary?
there are several people from Austin here, I think its gotta be top representation if not close haha. You don't have to camp out, though you might have to wait in a smaller pre order line but will be nothing compared to walk-ins. You can also come in later in the day. if you want to be close to opening, dunno, however long you can tolerate being in line. You have an opening slot so you won't wait too long anyway.

If I had an 8 am slot I would show up with a chair at like 6. But I'm unusual. I can't come in earlier because my appointment is later so I'm slightly disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.